Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > SeaDream Yacht Club
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

SeaDream Yacht Club Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
frequent traveler frequent traveler is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,669
Question And You Know You're Addicted To Sea Dream When?

I catch myself checking this Board everyday - even when I should be working . . . and checking the SD site to see if any new cruises have been added to the "specials" so I was wondering --- what are the other signs of addiction to Sea Dream?

FT
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
ctbjr1309 ctbjr1309 is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequent traveler View Post
what are the other signs of addiction to Sea Dream?
FT
Good idea for a topic, FT. Here are a couple that spring to my mind:

1. Counting down the days to November 8, 2010 starting in April, 2009.
2. Your friends or colleagues are traveling on SD and you are insanely jealous.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
DisneyJen's Avatar
DisneyJen DisneyJen is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Along the Hudson River in NY
Posts: 3,336
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequent traveler View Post
I catch myself checking this Board everyday - even when I should be working . . . and checking the SD site to see if any new cruises have been added to the "specials" so I was wondering --- what are the other signs of addiction to Sea Dream?

FT
I'm right there with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbjr1309 View Post
Good idea for a topic, FT. Here are a couple that spring to my mind:

1. Counting down the days to November 8, 2010 starting in April, 2009.
2. Your friends or colleagues are traveling on SD and you are insanely jealous.
You caught me ctbjr

Here are my contributions ...

1. Using Bvlgari products to remind you of being on the yacht. I admit my perfume of choice is Bvlgari Green.

2. Joining Twitter so you can follow the yachts.

3. Joining Facebook so you can follow the yachts and your SD buddies.
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
hm21999's Avatar
hm21999 hm21999 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 7
Default

How about lurking on these boards reading the reviews, and planning your 2011 December wedding around a SD honeymoon? We are waiting for them to post those itineraries! And we havent even been on the boat yet!
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
DisneyJen's Avatar
DisneyJen DisneyJen is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Along the Hudson River in NY
Posts: 3,336
Default

I have another one to add ... not sure how I missed it

You own a copy of SeaDream's cookbook "Dream Cuisine: An Adventure for the Sense" and proudly display it in a cookbook holder in your kitchen
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
zqvol's Avatar
zqvol zqvol is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,821
Default

When your wife is FT, you don't have a choice.

Not that it is a bad thing. Heck, I just love to cruise and being pampered never hurts!

Last edited by zqvol; July 22nd, 2009 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
frequent traveler frequent traveler is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,669
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJen View Post
I'm right there with you

2. Joining Twitter so you can follow the yachts.

3. Joining Facebook so you can follow the yachts and your SD buddies.
my own adds to #1 and #2 in my first posting

2. not joining Twitter or Facebook because you know you will get fired if your employer ever does an Internet Audit

3. After saying "never ever" multiple times publicly on this Board to a 5 day cruise because its too short, signing up for a 5 day SD II cruise anyway (Dec. 13 for inquiring minds) with the justification that its a good way to introduce your grown children to a small ship . . . and ZQ Vol is on semester break . . . and its so cost effective . . .

FT
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Jim Avery Jim Avery is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Posts: 4,888
Default

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a SeaDream addict. I have been seen many times mowing my yard in my SD PJs! Followed by a shower with Bulgari Green and a Painkiller! Somebody please help me!
Jim.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
DisneyJen's Avatar
DisneyJen DisneyJen is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Along the Hudson River in NY
Posts: 3,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Avery View Post
Hi, my name is Jim and I am a SeaDream addict. I have been seen many times mowing my yard in my SD PJs! Followed by a shower with Bulgari Green and a Painkiller! Somebody please help me!
Jim.
ROFL ... I'm right there with you Jim
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Jim Avery Jim Avery is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Posts: 4,888
Default

Good Thread Frequent Traveler but SD jumped the price on a lot of the upcoming cruises. I will have to start selling blood to finance my habit.
J.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Cammiem's Avatar
Cammiem Cammiem is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Avery View Post
Good Thread Frequent Traveler but SD jumped the price on a lot of the upcoming cruises. I will have to start selling blood to finance my habit.
J.
LOL, Jim.

Maybe we should start an SD Addicts storefront on E-Bay. We could all gather stuff and sell it there to finance our SD habit.

Then, we'll use the proceeds to charter one of the yachts, staff it with our favorite crew members and live the high life on the first ever CC SDYC Cruise.

Champagne, Gin & Diet Tonics, Red Stripe and Pain Killers for everyone!

Any takers?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Jim Avery Jim Avery is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Posts: 4,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammiem View Post
LOL, Jim.

Maybe we should start an SD Addicts storefront on E-Bay. We could all gather stuff and sell it there to finance our SD habit.

Then, we'll use the proceeds to charter one of the yachts, staff it with our favorite crew members and live the high life on the first ever CC SDYC Cruise.

Champagne, Gin & Diet Tonics, Red Stripe and Pain Killers for everyone!

Any takers?
Sign us up! Frequent Traveler was toying with the idea of a charter a year or so ago. Maybe there are enough CCers out there now to consider it again.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
frequent traveler frequent traveler is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Avery View Post
Sign us up! Frequent Traveler was toying with the idea of a charter a year or so ago. Maybe there are enough CCers out there now to consider it again.
It would have to be one heck of an E Bay sale to pay for a week long charter! Having signed off on a couple of corporate charter contracts back in the days when companies took customers on incentive trips - either a Letter of Credit or 25% down is required at signing - then another 25% down fairly shortly thereafter and payment in full way in advance is required. And since a week runs more than $500,000 . . . . that's a heck of lot of blood Jim I guess that's why we call it an "addiction"

FT
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
edhenry edhenry is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 58
Default

Can you be considered an addict if you've only sailed once but can't stop thinking about how wonderful it was and how you wish your life weren't so complicated that you can't plan another voyage for awhile but you keep checking these boards (and writing run-on sentences?)
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
DisneyJen's Avatar
DisneyJen DisneyJen is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Along the Hudson River in NY
Posts: 3,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhenry View Post
Can you be considered an addict if you've only sailed once but can't stop thinking about how wonderful it was and how you wish your life weren't so complicated that you can't plan another voyage for awhile but you keep checking these boards (and writing run-on sentences?)
Absolutely edhenry! SD's addictive properties are so strong it only takes one trip to get you hooked
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Jim Avery Jim Avery is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Posts: 4,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJen View Post
Absolutely edhenry! SD's addictive properties are so strong it only takes one trip to get you hooked
Like the old song says, they had us at hello (that and the champagne and cold towel)
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
DisneyJen's Avatar
DisneyJen DisneyJen is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Along the Hudson River in NY
Posts: 3,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Avery View Post
Like the old song says, they had us at hello (that and the champagne and cold towel)
So true!
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cammiem's Avatar
Cammiem Cammiem is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhenry View Post
Can you be considered an addict if you've only sailed once but can't stop thinking about how wonderful it was and how you wish your life weren't so complicated that you can't plan another voyage for awhile but you keep checking these boards (and writing run-on sentences?)
Yessir, you can. The exact same thing happened to us, so we boarded again six months later. Now, looks like we can't get back onboard until at least 2010 (I'm pushin' for the crossing in Nov. w/ my DH). So, I'll be on this board and working on my blog for my fixes (and trying not to write many run-on sentences myself ).
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Cammiem's Avatar
Cammiem Cammiem is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequent traveler View Post
It would have to be one heck of an E Bay sale to pay for a week long charter! Having signed off on a couple of corporate charter contracts back in the days when companies took customers on incentive trips - either a Letter of Credit or 25% down is required at signing - then another 25% down fairly shortly thereafter and payment in full way in advance is required. And since a week runs more than $500,000 . . . . that's a heck of lot of blood Jim I guess that's why we call it an "addiction"

FT
Heck, FT, I could fund the entire week with the crap in my basement. LOL. Everybody - quick! - run to your basements and...

Maybe SD would give us all a free week onboard because of how well we promote them here. This is a bit more than the "word of mouth" advertising they like, dontja think? Ah, one can dream.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Jim Avery Jim Avery is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Posts: 4,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammiem View Post
Heck, FT, I could fund the entire week with the crap in my basement. LOL. Everybody - quick! - run to your basements and...

Maybe SD would give us all a free week onboard because of how well we promote them here. This is a bit more than the "word of mouth" advertising they like, dontja think? Ah, one can dream.
I dont even care about a free week. Just give me an upgrade to 315 (or maybe the new Admiral's suite) so I can write a review about how great these spaces are. Hey, only 97 more days!!!!! Oops, must mean balance is due next week. Must work harder! (sell more blood).
Jim.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.