A true Princess proposal, wedding & baby

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Read Real-Life Princess Romantic Love Stories!

A big 'thank you' goes to everyone who entered our search to find the most romantic love story from onboard a Princess ship. We received some wonderful, heart-warming romantic tales which made us smile, laugh and even cry, as we read through them. We truly appreciate your time and effort.

Voting is now over; the winner will be announced on September 28, 2009.
Now its time for you, our members, to vote for the best story. Voting closes on Sunday, September 6.

Official Contest Rules

Cruise Critic's Privacy Policy

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:35 PM.
277 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Our love story started 6 years ago, but I know the Ruby Princess is forever in our hearts.

In October 2007, Chris and I went on the Caribbean Princess on our first vacation alone. Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him on a excursion to Honeymoon Beach in St Johns. Of course I said yes!

So how more appropriate to get married at sea on a cruise ship!

Chris and I were married upon the Ruby Princess Cruise ship in Dec 2008. We were married by Captain Yeomans on deck 16 aft. Everything about our wedding was perfect including the 40 friends and family that came along for the ride. Princess made our dream wedding happen.

We have been together for over 6 years and have been talking about starting a family for quite some time now.

We hoped and prayed for a honeymoon baby and we were so blessed on Dec 30th that we found out we were expecting. A true honeymoon baby, aka Ruby Baby. He was our nautical baby, we even decorated his nursery in boats and anchors. And had the official nautical chart from our wedding cruise, won at the art auction framed to put in his room. It was just meant to be.

On May 7th 2009 4 months after our wedding cruise, our world was turned upside down with some very scary news of our baby boy. We prayed and fought so hard for him. I ignored all the Doctors that said he wouldn't make it, I knew in my heart he was a fighter.

Nolan Michael had to make his appearance on 6/8/09 at 14 weeks too early because I was coming down with Pre-E & HELLP syndrome. Little Nolan was only 13oz and 10.5 inches, he wasn't even a pound. He put up one good fight for 3 days, until the fight got too much for him and he had to go to heaven to be an angel on 6/11/09.

How is this romantic? Its romantic because, our family truly started on the with Princess. A proposal, a dream wedding & our first born all at sea. Our son was nicknamed the "Ruby Baby" for the entire pregnancy. Our son through his trials and hard fight brought me and my husband closer than I ever thought possible. My husband is romantic and I fell in love with him all over again when I saw him look at Nolan for the first time. Our love takes on a whole new meaning now after we went through this. The Ruby Princess to me is the most romantic ship, because of that ship...I have a family.

In November we are taking a Princess cruise, once again on the Ruby in honor of our precious Ruby Baby, Nolan. Princess is our real life Love Boat, our life began on Princess and look forward to making new memories sailing the sea.

(Our wedding video)
Nolan's Story Video
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engagement.jpg (25.5 KB, 527 views)
File Type: jpg Our_Wedding572.jpg (10.3 KB, 657 views)
File Type: jpg Our_Wedding 311.jpg (9.7 KB, 890 views)
File Type: jpg baby 021.jpg (13.4 KB, 713 views)
File Type: jpg baby 075.jpg (17.4 KB, 636 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ocean Princess 2001
Grand Princess 2002
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2005
Star Princess 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007
Celebrity 2008
Ruby Princess 2008
Ruby Princess 2009
Carnival Destiny 2011
RUBY Princess 2011
Allure of the Seas 2012
Grand Princess 2012
Independence of the Seas 2013
Royal Princess 2013
52 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by smashrt
Our love story started 6 years ago, but I know the Ruby Princess is forever in our hearts.

In October 2007, Chris and I went on the Caribbean Princess on our first vacation alone. Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him on a excursion to Honeymoon Beach in St Johns. Of course I said yes!

So how more appropriate to get married at sea on a cruise ship!

Chris and I were married upon the Ruby Princess Cruise ship in Dec 2008. We were married by Captain Yeomans on deck 16 aft. Everything about our wedding was perfect including the 40 friends and family that came along for the ride. Princess made our dream wedding happen.

We have been together for over 6 years and have been talking about starting a family for quite some time now.

We hoped and prayed for a honeymoon baby and we were so blessed on Dec 30th that we found out we were expecting. A true honeymoon baby, aka Ruby Baby. He was our nautical baby, we even decorated his nursery in boats and anchors. And had the official nautical chart from our wedding cruise, won at the art auction framed to put in his room. It was just meant to be.

On May 7th 2009 4 months after our wedding cruise, our world was turned upside down with some very scary news of our baby boy. We prayed and fought so hard for him. I ignored all the Doctors that said he wouldn't make it, I knew in my heart he was a fighter.

Nolan Michael had to make his appearance on 6/8/09 at 14 weeks too early because I was coming down with Pre-E & HELLP syndrome. Little Nolan was only 13oz and 10.5 inches, he wasn't even a pound. He put up one good fight for 3 days, until the fight got too much for him and he had to go to heaven to be an angel on 6/11/09.

How is this romantic? Its romantic because, our family truly started on the with Princess. A proposal, a dream wedding & our first born all at sea. Our son was nicknamed the "Ruby Baby" for the entire pregnancy. Our son through his trials and hard fight brought me and my husband closer than I ever thought possible. My husband is romantic and I fell in love with him all over again when I saw him look at Nolan for the first time. Our love takes on a whole new meaning now after we went through this. The Ruby Princess to me is the most romantic ship, because of that ship...I have a family.

In November we are taking a Princess cruise, once again on the Ruby in honor of our precious Ruby Baby, Nolan. Princess is our real life Love Boat, our life began on Princess and look forward to making new memories sailing the sea.

(Our wedding video)
Nolan's Story Video

You guys are a true Princess Romance story! I love it! XOXO
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I haven't been everywhere yet... but its on my list

Val
72 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Your video brought me to tears! HUGE hugs to your family! I know your beautiful baby boy is watching over you! I entered this contest but my love story is nothing close to yours!
Being a mom myself I know how much little ones touch are lives even before they enter the world!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Emerald Princess 02/2009
Ruby Princess 3/2010
lehigh acres, florida,usa
8 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
It was truly the most romantic wedding that I have ever attended. I hope that people read their story it is inspiring and full of love and romance. Our beautiful Ruby baby was a gift and we will always smile when see that ship.
3,803 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Thank you for sharing your story. Wishing you and your husband all the best
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising!!

FORCED TO WORK, BORN TO CRUISE!!

*South Pacific Port Summary
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2267857

*P&O Pacific Eden 2016 - Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327093
*Celebrity Solstice November 2015 - Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2298377
*Celebrity Solstice March 2015 - Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192606
*Paradise Cruises Paradise Peak Halong Bay Junk Boat Cruise 2014
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2014
*Carnival Spirit 2012
*P&O Pacific Jewel 2012
*RCI Radiance Of The Seas 2012
*RCI Rhapsody Of The Seas 2009 / 2010
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2008
*P&O Pacific Dawn 2007 / 2008
*P&O Pacific Sun 2006 / 2007
*P&O Pacific Sun 2005

277 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Thank You!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ocean Princess 2001
Grand Princess 2002
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2005
Star Princess 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007
Celebrity 2008
Ruby Princess 2008
Ruby Princess 2009
Carnival Destiny 2011
RUBY Princess 2011
Allure of the Seas 2012
Grand Princess 2012
Royal Princess 2013
The Good Ole' US of A
201 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
After watching your video which brought me (a big full grown 32 year old man) to tears, I've decided to not even enter the contest so you guys will have a better chance of winning. As a minister, I have had to take part in a few funerals for infants and it is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to endure, and it helps me to have tremendous empathy for anyone who has suffered the loss of a child. As the proud parent of three little girls, may I say to you that I admire your strength and love for one another.

Thank God that your outlook is so positive, and that you have chosen to cherish the time you had with that beautiful little blessing, and look back on it without bitterness, but with tremedous love for what was clearly a special little boy. God bless "Ruby Baby" Nolan Michael, and God bless his parents.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BroWhite
Voyager of the Seas - Nov 2001
Explorer of the Seas - June 2002
Voyager of the Seas - Nov 2004
Jewel of the Seas - Nov 2006
Enchantment of the Seas - Jan 2007
Disney Wonder - Sept 2007
Monarch of the Seas - Nov 2008
Oasis of the Seas - Dec 2009
Disney Wonder - Jan 2010
Navigator of the Seas - Jan 2012
Enchantment of the Seas - Nov 2013
Oasis of the Seas - May 2014
Serenade of the Seas - Jan 2015
277 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Originally posted by dfa1
After watching your video which brought me (a big full grown 32 year old man) to tears, I've decided to not even enter the contest so you guys will have a better chance of winning. As a minister, I have had to take part in a few funerals for infants and it is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to endure, and it helps me to have tremendous empathy for anyone who has suffered the loss of a child. As the proud parent of three little girls, may I say to you that I admire your strength and love for one another.

Thank God that your outlook is so positive, and that you have chosen to cherish the time you had with that beautiful little blessing, and look back on it without bitterness, but with tremedous love for what was clearly a special little boy. God bless "Ruby Baby" Nolan Michael, and God bless his parents.
That is so sweet of you to say. Your right, we chose to celebrate his life and not look on the negative. We gave him life, when all Dr's said he would never make it. He was my ruby baby, and I knew he had it in him. It's all about hope and faith.

As for the videos, my best friend made the Nolan video to play at his service. I promise you not a single dry eye in the church. Everyone wore red/navy blue because those were his favorite colors (nautical nursery colors). And the most amazing thing happened, I had them play "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on the piano as the closing song for our Ruby Baby and I kid you not, the sun came through the stain glass windows and made a rainbow on the floor right in front, EVERYONE saw it!

And for the wedding video, we never had intentions of ever watching it. But again, my best friend put it together shortly after Nolan passed because she knew it would put a smile on my face. I love it! She captured the moments perfectly.

Thank you so much for your kind words, they bring warmth to my heart.

Feel free to email me at nolesgirl724 @ yahoo if you want to read Nolan's Story. I kept a blog the entire pregnancy, and it really shows what a true miracle our Ruby Baby was.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ocean Princess 2001
Grand Princess 2002
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2005
Star Princess 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007
Celebrity 2008
Ruby Princess 2008
Ruby Princess 2009
Carnival Destiny 2011
RUBY Princess 2011
Allure of the Seas 2012
Grand Princess 2012
Royal Princess 2013
Kingston ON
6,171 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by smashrt
And the most amazing thing happened, I had them play "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on the piano as the closing song for our Ruby Baby and I kid you not, the sun came through the stain glass windows and made a rainbow on the floor right in front, EVERYONE saw it!
Ashley, even more proof that Nolan was a miracle baby.

Janette
Kingston ON
6,171 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by psuajblue
This is amazing. You guys deserve to win.
Keep that thought and remember to vote when the time comes. We are sailing this fall with Ashley & Chris, and all I want to do is give them both big hugs.

Janette
New York
4,386 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
God bless you both!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
COMPLETED CRUISES:

NCL BREAKWAY: SEPT 4TH 2016 AFT HAVEN CABIN 11308 BERMUDA (7 NIGHTS)
RCL LIBERTY OF THE SEAS: OCTOBER 3RD, 2015. CABIN 1400 (5 NIGHTS)
NCL BREAKAWAY: JAN 30TH, 2015. CABIN 9252 (2 NIGHTS)
NCL BREAKAWAY: JAN 16th, 2015. AFT 11296 (2 NIGHTS)
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR: AUGUST 28TH 2014, GS 7317 (4 NIGHTS)
CARNIVAL VALOR: JULY 11TH 2010 OS 7265 (7 NIGHTS)
EXPLORER RCCL MAY 22nd 2010. AFT CABIN 1388 (5 NIGHTS)
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS: JULY 17TH 2009 MINI-SUITE E721 (9 NIGHTS)
EXPLORER OF THE SEAS: MAY 23RD 2009 AFT CABIN 1388 (5 NIGHTS)
EURODAM INTRODUCTION: AUG 29TH 2008 AFT CABIN 6177 (3 NIGHTS)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE JULY 20TH 2008 AFT CABIN CAT. 11 8273 (8 NIGHTS)
NCL DAWN APRIL 16TH 2008 AFT CABIN 8676 (2 nights)
NCL DAWN APRIL 1ST 2007 AB PENTHOUSE SUITE 11060 (11 nights)
EXPLORER RCCL MAY 19TH 2006. OWNER SUITE (9 nights)
NCL DAWN JULY 2005 AB PENTHOUSE SUITE 11020 (7 nights)
CARNIVAL LEGEND 2004 Sept. CAT. 11 SUITE 8271 (8 nights)

Kingston ON
6,171 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Theresa522
God bless you both!!
For the over 1,100 people that have read and empathized with Chris & Ashley's story, please come back and vote for them to win this cruise. I can't think of any couple more deserving.

Janette
277 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
You are too sweet Janette! I can't wait to meet you guys! November 24t, sail away party!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ocean Princess 2001
Grand Princess 2002
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2005
Star Princess 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007
Celebrity 2008
Ruby Princess 2008
Ruby Princess 2009
Carnival Destiny 2011
RUBY Princess 2011
Allure of the Seas 2012
Grand Princess 2012
Royal Princess 2013
At Work
990 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Ashley {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Your story has me with a lump in my throat. Your wedding was very dignified and the reception was lovely. I "enjoyed myself".

Your beautiful son was truly a fighter and just some words of comfort to you and your husband...'that one day soon Jesus will call out those in the memorial tombs to a resurrection of life'. Nolan will never be forgotten in God's memory as well as your own.

Stay sweet and kind to each other. Incidentally, we were married on October 4, 2008, and while we are a couple in our early 50s, for the first time in my life and him as well, we have found true happiness.

May you both be as happy as you are TODAY...forever
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1994 Carnival Fascination
2001 Carnival Destiny
2005 RCCL Navigator of the Seas
2006 RCCL Adventure of the Seas
2008 RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2009 RCCL Navigator of the Seas
2012 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
2014 RCCL Quantum of the Seas
277 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Thank you Shorbr, I am happy you enjoyed our videos. Our wedding one just makes me smile when I watch it, it really captures our love and our dream Princess wedding. I would have posted the reception one if it didn't include all the speeches, it gets pretty lengthy but I am glad you liked it.

And for Nolan's video, it just proves what a perfect little miracle he was. If you haven't watched it yet, please do... it's amazing to see how small he really was and what a true fighter he was.

I hope that my family's story makes people realize that true love can overcome death, poor health and adversity. I hope my story uplifts people and gives them hope.

And I would also like to add, I would have STILL posted our romantic story even if my son lived or if I was still pregnant like I should be. It's romantic either way I looked at it, we just have a little different ending than normal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ocean Princess 2001
Grand Princess 2002
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2005
Star Princess 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007
Celebrity 2008
Ruby Princess 2008
Ruby Princess 2009
Carnival Destiny 2011