Looking for info on NCL. Their web site does not give many details, just a lot of pretty photos. I'm used to crusing with RCCL. I am drawn to NCL because of their lovely cabins, I love Jacuzzi tubs, and other romantic amenities. RCCL's rooms with those amenities are priced so high and NCL is so low in comparison. So with that being said, we are planning our next Anniversary cruise and were wondering:
1. Which restaurants are included on NCL? Is it different on every ship? How do you know if they charge, and what they charge? Are there signs at the door?
2. We love formal night and everything that goes with it, we dress every night for dinner. Is it true that NCL allows shorts and T shirts in the dining room? If I wear a cocktail dress and my boyfriend a shirt and tie will we look out of place on a normal night? We take photos every night. Do they have photos?
3. fees for bowling and rock climbing? Really?
4. How do the gratuities work?
5. Any other fees I should know about?
6. Is there a captains welcome reception? What is this like?
I guess we are a young couple who long for the old days of dinner and romantic dancing, and I guess it is so hard to find. We belong in another era.
We felt so out of place on Carnival.... Just want to plan our next cruise better...
Any help would be great!