Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Asia
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Komoka Kruzers Komoka Kruzers is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 20
Default Xingang to beijing private tours for cruisers information needed

Does anyone have any information on availability, pricing and quality of private tours and tour operators for cruisers arriving in Xingang who wish to go to Beijing and avoid the high prices and the bus crush of the tours offered by the cruise lines?

BTW we are on the Volendam leaving from Vancouver September 23/09 and will be onboard through to Hong Kong.

We would consider forming a small group in order to reduce the costs.

Last edited by Komoka Kruzers; August 29th, 2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Add more tags
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old September 4th, 2009, 09:10 AM
ladine ladine is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMKomokaON View Post
Does anyone have any information on availability, pricing and quality of private tours and tour operators for cruisers arriving in Xingang who wish to go to Beijing and avoid the high prices and the bus crush of the tours offered by the cruise lines?

BTW we are on the Volendam leaving from Vancouver September 23/09 and will be onboard through to Hong Kong.

We would consider forming a small group in order to reduce the costs.
We are also on the Volendam. We have arranged a private tour to Beijing with another couple. The company is China Travel Key. It is a two day tour with hotel in Beijing - Holliday Inn Crown Plaza. It is a lot cheaper than taking the tour off the ship. If you are interested, let me know. Want to keep the group very small - six at the max.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old September 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
ladine ladine is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

We are also arranging a private two day tour with the Company in Shanghai and a one day tour in Dalian. Are you interested in these tours as well. So much cheaper.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
amusea's Avatar
amusea amusea is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 789
Default

During our two day stay in Beijing while on the HAL Amsterdam we booked the overnight tour with Tansy at http://www.beijingservice.com.
We were able to customize our tour and everything worked out very well. They have different sized vehicles available depending on the size of your group. Of course, the larger the group, the less it costs per person.
The only thing that was a problem was that for the pickup at the Tianjin port the tour vehicle was not allowed inside the gates of the port but it was a very short walk to the other side of the gate. This situation may have changed and it would be worth checking out no matter which company you use. We did not use the hotel that was originally suggested by the tour company (Prime Hotel) but instead went to the Regent which was fabulous. Right now the hotels are offering great deals because occupancy has dropped considerably due to world economic conditions. For a really nice medium-priced hotel you might check out the SunWorld which is in a great location very near the Regent.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Komoka Kruzers Komoka Kruzers is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladine View Post
We are also arranging a private two day tour with the Company in Shanghai and a one day tour in Dalian. Are you interested in these tours as well. So much cheaper.
Hi Ladine, we are paricularily interested in the Beijing tours. I took a quick look at some tours a few weeks ago and as I recall, a group of six was not a bad price and as you say, a smaller group can be more manageable.

Can you tell me: Who did you book with? How much per person. Who do I call etc.

We have not even looked at Shanghai yet. Is the port close to downtown? I suspect it is.

Thanks,

Dave and Janice, Komoka (near London) Ontario
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Kayelache Kayelache is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 337
Default Look on Roll Calls, Holland American then Volendam

Hi ladine, Dave and Janice,
Have you checked the members only Roll Calls for this cruise? It's there in two threads, one for the cruise from Vancouver or Seattle to Kobe, and the second one from Kobe to Hong Kong. There are many pages of information that your fellow cruises have been adding for many months- lots of details about private shore excursions. Also, there are Meet and Greet parties planned for both cruise segments, that you are invited to attend. We have something like sixty or seventy people already signed up.
Two weeks plus a few days and we sail!!
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:18 PM
ladine ladine is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Hi Dave and Janice,
we are arranging tours thru China Tour Key Campany. One for Beijing, one for Shanghai and looking at Dalian. We have booked for 4 but can increase to 6. We are staying at the Holliday Inn - Crown Plaza in Beijing.
The Port in Shanghai is downtown. It is the International Cruise Terminal at Dong Da Ming Road 800, Shanghai. The thing about Shanghai is based on my husband's recommendation (he has worked in China) we need to go to Shuzhou. That is a day unto itself. Have not booked the Shanghai tour yet but are planning on do that soon.
Both of the these, we do not have to pay until we arrive - either in US or Yan. Payment can also be made by credit card one week prior to tour. We are planning on paying cash.
I will look at the recommended Roll Card area for additional information. But this tour company is very responsive and based on the web site customer recommendations it looks like a good company.
BTW, Biejing cost for 6 is $225, Shanghai cost for 6 is $189.
Transportation is by Mercedes Van.
Google the travel company for more information.

Pat and Bob, Annapolis, Md
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM
ladine ladine is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Kayelache, Thanks for the info and I did go to the "thread". Great! Will keep checking back with it.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Komoka Kruzers Komoka Kruzers is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladine View Post
Hi Dave and Janice,
we are arranging tours thru China Tour Key Campany. One for Beijing, one for Shanghai and looking at Dalian. We have booked for 4 but can increase to 6. We are staying at the Holliday Inn - Crown Plaza in Beijing.
The Port in Shanghai is downtown. It is the International Cruise Terminal at Dong Da Ming Road 800, Shanghai. The thing about Shanghai is based on my husband's recommendation (he has worked in China) we need to go to Shuzhou. That is a day unto itself. Have not booked the Shanghai tour yet but are planning on do that soon.
Both of the these, we do not have to pay until we arrive - either in US or Yan. Payment can also be made by credit card one week prior to tour. We are planning on paying cash.
I will look at the recommended Roll Card area for additional information. But this tour company is very responsive and based on the web site customer recommendations it looks like a good company.
BTW, Biejing cost for 6 is $225, Shanghai cost for 6 is $189.
Transportation is by Mercedes Van.
Google the travel company for more information.

Pat and Bob, Annapolis, Md

Hello Ladine,

I have been waiting for you.

I like the looks of TravelKey.

Pllease contact me direcctly at drmjek-cruisecritic@yahoo.ca

This is a disposable e-mail address. Something nnew to me. But it should work. We would like to join you and make a group of 6 for Xingang to Beijing. We will also consider Dalian and Shanghai.

Last edited by Komoka Kruzers; September 9th, 2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Komoka Kruzers Komoka Kruzers is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMKomokaON View Post
Hello Ladine,

I have been waiting for you.

I like the looks of TravelKey.

Pllease contact me direcctly at drmjek-cruisecritic@yahoo.ca

This is a disposable e-mail address. Something nnew to me. But it should work. We would like to join you and make a group of 6 for Xingang to Beijing. We will also consider Dalian and Shanghai.

Or better still, call us at 519 471-8126 We are in the same timme zone here in Ontario.

Dave
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Komoka Kruzers Komoka Kruzers is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMKomokaON View Post
Hello Ladine,

I have been waiting for you.

I like the looks of TravelKey.

Pllease contact me direcctly at drmjek-cruisecritic@yahoo.ca

This is a disposable e-mail address. Something nnew to me. But it should work. We would like to join you and make a group of 6 for Xingang to Beijing. We will also consider Dalian and Shanghai.
Suzhou looks very interesting
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM
ladine ladine is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Hey Dave, Been off the net for a couple of days. I will call tomorrow with the information. I have been waiting to hear from the other couple we will be traveling with on their ok on the Shanghai tour.
fyi my personnel email address is : daltonpl@msn.com

Did you go to the Roll Call page?

Pat
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM
lawra09 lawra09 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL US
Posts: 155
Default Xingang to Beiijing private tours

Has anyone heard of sinohotelguide.com in Beiijing? Their prices were very reasonable for pick-up at the ship and tour of Great Wall, Tinanamen Square, lunch and drop off at Beijing city hotel for $93 pp for 4 persons.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.