LIVE from Galaxy Panama Canal cruise.

luv2cruise123

I am currently in aninternet cafe in Costa Maya doing battle with these spanish keyboards and instructions. Having beautiful weather and wonderful cruise. had our CC party and met lots of folks! Must say age tends to be older than I´d expected.Got to go- post more upon return!

Glad you are doing well on your cruise. I have friend named Jerome from Stratford Connecticut that is on your ship. He is traveling with his friend Shephanie and her son Matt. They are part of a big group from Milford. They are 40 ish. Be on the look out. Tell them JD from the gas company hopes they are having a great time. I know there are 1,800 passenger sbut he makes the rounds..

Best of luck John

Can you give me a rundown on what it cost to do the internet on the ship. I have heard that it is .75 per minute. That is out of line with other cruise lines. There is some way to buy minutes and bring it down though. If you can I would love to know ahead of time. We leave the 18th of Dec. I do like you do often, just use the computer while ashore.

Also, let us know if they have added the Caymans back in yet, and if not, where are you headed.

Have a great time!!!:D

Just got in from our Galaxy Thanksgiving cruise. Grand Cayman is practically up to pre hurricane around tender area, but you don;t have to go very far to see the utter devastation. Tour guide told us about 50% of island is still without power. Her middle school child had been to school one day a week for past 4 weeks only- due to them doubling up on useable classroom space. We saw where they were burning debris.Only 600 hotel rooms available right now on the island. They were REAL happy to see the return of the cruise ships!

Interent usage on ship is high - one package for 100 minutes was $75 I believe our tablemates said. They went well over that and often complained of it taking so long to ever get signed on.

There is an internet place in GC, buy did not make it by that one - sure should have! The one in Cozumel was reasonable in price, but as I said, if you don;t know Spanish yiu spend alot of time trying to figure out alot of stuff. Their keyboards were different from mine! Admittedly I'm not real computer literate, but it was confusing.

I did not use it on the ship - tried to use one in Costa Rica and NEVER got to sign on AOL even with help of 2 ladies. It was like only $3 (which they would not refund) for 30 minutes or more, but did me no good.

Great cruise - we loved Costa Rica - went ziplining there!

Got to continue putting up all these clothes!

Just back from the Galaxy...it was fun meeting all the CC that came to the party. Glad you made it home ok, Debbie...hope to hear from others. Will post a review as soon as I can dig out from all the luggage. Linda

klingoncruiser

From the brochure from my Sept Cruise: (pricing may have changed since then, but vendor appears the same, so may be the same):

Internet minutes are available at 4 different rates:

* $ .75 a minute with no package.

* 100 minutes for $70. Extra minutes are $ .70 per minute.

* 200 minutes for $120. Extra minutes are $ .60 per minute.

* 500 minutes for $250. Extra minutes are $ .50 per minute.

Package amounts are charged upfront and no refunds will be made for unused minutes. All additional minutes are charged at the same rate level.

Galaxy has computer access in the lab, two open computer areas, and wireless access points in Michael's Club and Rendezvous Square. Access was a decent speed, and was very stable each time I used it.

Wow those prices are high! Just got of the Westerdam and 100 minutes was $55. We are on the Mercury in 62 days so guess we will go with the per minute price and dump the bulk of email in port. The @ symbol on the spanish keyboard is ALT Grande if I am not mistaken. That seems to be the one that causes most of the problems.

Happy sailing

Archived