Merida with autoprogresso

jeanarch

We've been to Progresso several times, have dine ruins and want to go into Merida. I know Carnival has an excursion but does Autprogresso. I checked their site and it lists on but the time is 1 hour. Doesn't make sense. I know we could do bus but DH is a very nervous traveler without a guide. Has anyone gone to Merida with Autoprogresso? Just want to do a minitour of sites, etc...lunch and a little shopping in the Mercado. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi Jeanna, I think there´s a problem with the Autoprogreso´s web page, ´cause my parents sent them thousand of e-mails and they were bouncing back all the time. However i dont know how the Agents contacted my Parents, and they booked a tour with this company.

Send me an e-mail and I can ask my parents how to contact this company.

cyranie_83@hotmail.com

Just hire a cab for the day. Preferably one that speaks english. Exploring Merida on your own is no more complicated than visiting New Orleans or Mobile. And probably ALOT safer. I'm seventy years old and often visit Merida for vacation by myself, and I don't even speak spanish. Three dollars RT.

Nope. Autoprogreso obviously does a great job with tours that need it. (ruins, Reef Yucatan, etc) But a bus to Merida, where most major attractions are within two square blocks, saves money for the visitor. What's more, you avoid the herd mentality where you don't really explore and you move at someone elses speed and interests. I suggest people be travelers rather than tourists. I also suggest researching your ports to learn what your options are. A tour to Merida is in the same category as the ships tour to a small section of the beach with all the beer your can drink for $35.00. Anywhere on the beach beer is no more than two bucks.

If you want to go the tour route, have no fear with Autoprogreso.

I just did a ruins tour and was completely impressed.

Also, they are large enough and we had enough Carnival people on our tour that, I bet, they would have had enough pull to have Carnival wait for us if something went really wrong and we didn't get back in time.

Cyranie. In my 250 posts, have I once criticized Autoprogreso for their tours or any other operation of theirs? Once? They provide excellent service from all that I've read including the bus service to and from Merida which I've used many times.

Hi Jeanna, I have new info about the Merida Tour with Autoprogreso, last night I met a friend and her family took the tour two months ago. It´s only $25 pp and they take you to the Cathedral,Museums and Colonial buildings. Merida it´s only 30 min. from Progreso and the tour starts at 10 am ( I guess).

Hope this helps!!!

is there a website for Autoprogreso tours? or any other websites for other options of tours/things to do in Progreso? we are going there in November and have never been to this particular port. there are 4 of us and we are looking for something different and fun, possibly even adventurous? to experience while we are there. thanks in advance for the advice.

We've been to Progresso several times, have dine ruins and want to go into Merida. I know Carnival has an excursion but does Autprogresso. I checked their site and it lists on but the time is 1 hour. Doesn't make sense. I know we could do bus but DH is a very nervous traveler without a guide. Has anyone gone to Merida with Autoprogresso? Just want to do a minitour of sites, etc...lunch and a little shopping in the Mercado. Any information would be appreciated.

We traveled with Autoprogreso between Progreso and Merida and found the service to be satisfactory. The terminal in Progreso is just a few blocks away from where you will alight the shuttle service from the vessel. The ride from Progreso is about 45 minutes, and the Autoprogreso buses operate about every 20 or 30 minutes. Once in Merida we did the Turibus double-decked bus tour. Even though there were many other people in Merida that day from our vessel, there was no one aboard the Turibus but for ourselves. A most pleasant and short introduction to the City, and I give it a thumbs up.

http://www.autoprogreso.com

http://www.turibus.com.mx

hdawson or anyone...We just booked yesterday so are doing last minute research on Progresso. It has been a few years since we have been and I don't remember how the town is set up. It seems like we had to take sometype of transportation from the port into Merida. We will have a lady in a wheelchair so would probably like to take the taxi to be able to come back if she gets tired. Is there shopping at the terminal and how far will we have to go to get a taxi from the ship? Any recommendations? Thanks for any help.

Sandy. I believe I've read on this board that there is a taxi stand on the pier before you board the courtesy bus. I could be mistaken and hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Then there is a taxi stand where the courtesy bus drops you. You may need a larger taxi to accomdate the wheel chair. The chair shouldn't be any problem around the central plaza since those sidewalks are wider than in the neighborhoods. Most places of interest will be within a couple or three square blocks. Street corners have ramps for chairs. There's a good ice cream shop with sidewalk tables on the plaza with really good tropical flavors. Also a sidewalk restaurant in the city hall bldg. As you get away from the central plaza the sidewalks become pretty narrow. The taxi should cost about $25 each way or you could negotiate a price for the day. Merida is a very safe city. Have a great time. Get out and explore and report back to help others with your same concerns.

Hi Jeanna, I think there´s a problem with the Autoprogreso´s web page, ´cause my parents sent them thousand of e-mails and they were bouncing back all the time. However i dont know how the Agents contacted my Parents, and they booked a tour with this company.

I sent Autoprogreo an email on Monday afternoon and had a reply from Gerardo within two hours. Also, I was able to get specific information regarding tours that is not mentioned on their website (amount of time tour takes, number of people required, availability of refreshments, etc.). I have have since also received prompt responses to follow-up requests for further information. Send them a request and I'm sure you'll get the same service I have.

Whatever you decide to do, just have fun with it!;)

• 2 weeks later...
We traveled with Autoprogreso between Progreso and Merida and found the service to be satisfactory. The terminal in Progreso is just a few blocks away from where you will alight the shuttle service from the vessel. The ride from Progreso is about 45 minutes, and the Autoprogreso buses operate about every 20 or 30 minutes. Once in Merida we did the Turibus double-decked bus tour. Even though there were many other people in Merida that day from our vessel, there was no one aboard the Turibus but for ourselves. A most pleasant and short introduction to the City, and I give it a thumbs up.

http://www.autoprogreso.com

http://www.turibus.com.mx

thanks for this website info!!

----------------

Now playing: Ken Navarro - In The Sky Today

via FoxyTunes

We have done this & enjoyed it very much. Would do it again. Had free time on the square - found an incredible bakery. We did not book ahead - just bought it after we got off the ship.

Was your tour with autoprogreso?? How much time total you spend in the area? Just trying to get my plans together.

----------------

Now playing: Ken Navarro - In The Sky Today

via FoxyTunes

Archived