My budget travel guide: Priceline, Hotwire, airfare, etc

Hi everyone, I've posted this a few other places as I keep forgetting there's a "saving money" section on this board. :)

Anyway, I've been invited the last couple of years to give travel talks to student organizations at my University. I've put together this 11-page guide to trying to save money on conference travel. While it doesn't talk about cruises specifically, it offers a few websites and information about finding deals with ground transportation, airfare, hotels, etc.

I hope someone can find it useful.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~cmong/trip/conference_travel.pdf

Carnival said that they are continuing to look at Fuel Surcharges in the Conference call yesterday....only one place guaranteeing to pay fuel surcharges for you if the cruise lines reinstate them for cruises all the way out through 2011 - - Google 'Fuel Surcharge Guarantee' - -

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi everyone, I've posted this a few other places as I keep forgetting there's a "saving money" section on this board. :)

Anyway, I've been invited the last couple of years to give travel talks to student organizations at my University. I've put together this 11-page guide to trying to save money on conference travel. While it doesn't talk about cruises specifically, it offers a few websites and information about finding deals with ground transportation, airfare, hotels, etc.

I hope someone can find it useful.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~cmong/trip/conference_travel.pdf

Your great guide was posted here over 4 years ago, has it been updated?

Thank you!

• 7 months later...