Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > France Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

France Ports Cannes, Corsica, Marseille, Nice, Sete, St. Tropez, Toulon, Villefranche

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Tour of Fragonard or Confiserie Florian factories?

Taking a private tour of Nice, Eze, Monaco, etc., and have an option to add a tour of either the Fragonard perfume factory or Confiserie Florian candy factory. If we take a tour, I'm leaning towards Confiserie Florian - any opinions, as I can't find a review of Confiserie Florian.

Many thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Personally, I thought the perfume factory was a waste of time. All they want to do is sell you stuff. Now, if you wear a lot of perfume.......

Somewhere close to there is a glass blowing factory, that was interesting. Biot Glass Works. Also in Vence, the Chapel with Mastisse's stations of the Cross. Worth seeing.

Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; September 29th, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Old October 7th, 2009, 01:23 AM
5,000+ Club

I love the Fragonard product! I would love to do that tour. I still have my bottle of Fragonard perfume "Riviera Riviera!" I love it...

July 20, 2015 - Back with my buddies on the Reflection!

Old October 7th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenagain View Post
Taking a private tour of Nice, Eze, Monaco, etc., and have an option to add a tour of either the Fragonard perfume factory or Confiserie Florian candy factory. If we take a tour, I'm leaning towards Confiserie Florian - any opinions, as I can't find a review of Confiserie Florian.

Many thanks!
I have been to both..not on a tour,but I was satuing in the area,and I have been to Fragonard several times at other times to shop..it is interesting,but I have to say the candy factory was something else.I came home with candy made from violet's(and looled like them too) as well as jelly made from other flower's and it was very interesting to say the least.It is something you will not see elsewhere IMHO.

Old October 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default tour of Fragonard or Confiserie Florian factories?

I, too, liked the candy store. The perfume store was okay, but I liked the shop at the base of Eze village better, I believe they sold soaps and stuff. The grandkids like the lollipops shaped like the Eiffel Tower and, yes, the lavender candies are good and the lavender jelly is good too

Past cruises: NCL Norway, Mellenium Cruise, April, 2000; NCL Dawn, Nov. 2004; NCL Spirit, Dec. 2004; Carnival Fascination, Halloween Cruise, Oct, 2005; Carnival Fantasy, Sept, 2006; Carnival Fantasy, Mardi Gras, Feb, 2007; Carnival Fantasy, April, 2007; Carnival Ecstasy, Halloween Cruise, Oct. 2007; Carnival Inspiration, Super Bowl Cruise, Feb. 2008; Carnival Imagination, Halloween Cruise, Oct. 2008; RCCL Voyager of the Seas Med cruise, Oct. 2009; Carnival Triumph, Aug, 2010; RCCL Voyager of the Seas Med cruise, Oct. 2010; Carnival Liberty, Super Bowl Cruise, Feb. 5, 2011; Carnival Miracle, Dec. 12, 2011; Carnival Miracle, Super Bowl Cruise, Jan. 29, 2012; Carnival Sunshine, Dec. 1, 2013

Old October 15th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hylasgirl View Post
I love the Fragonard product! I would love to do that tour. I still have my bottle of Fragonard perfume "Riviera Riviera!" I love it...
I also bought a bottle of "Riviera Riviera"! I get transported to the French Riviera everytime I put it on. Ahhhh...... Where was I? Oh yeah! If you go to Eze there is a Fragonard store, so if you don't do the tour you can still wander the store & sample perfume.
RCCL - Viking Serenade 1991~*~Big Red Boat - Bahamas 1991~*~Big Red Boat - Bahamas 1994~*~Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas 1996~*~RCCL - Viking Serenade - Mexico 1996~*~RCCL - Monarch of the Seas - Caribbean 1997~*~Carnival Holiday - Mexico 1998~*~Princess - Pacific Coast 1999~*~Carnival Spirit - Mexico 2005~*~Carnival Paradise - Mexico 2006~*~Carnival Pride - Mexico 2007~*~Carnival Elation - Mexico 2007~*~RCCL-Voyager of the Seas - Mediterranean 2008~*~Carnival Elation - Mexico 2009~*~Carnival Splendor - Mexico 2011~*~Carnival Splendor - Mexico 2012~*~Carnival Inspiration - Baja Apr 2013~*~Carnival Inspiration - Baja Nov 2013~*~
****CARNIVAL PLATINUM****

Old October 15th, 2009, 11:42 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoemw View Post
I, too, liked the candy store. The perfume store was okay, but I liked the shop at the base of Eze village better, I believe they sold soaps and stuff. The grandkids like the lollipops shaped like the Eiffel Tower and, yes, the lavender candies are good and the lavender jelly is good too
The factory in Eze has a huge selection!! Everyone got gifts from there last trip. Love Fragonard.
April 15...Celebrity Silhouette - Caribbean
Oct 15...Celebrity Equinox. Spain & Portugal cruise

Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997