Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old December 6th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Sensation 11/29-12/4 Review

Well, we are back & sure hated to see the Port of New Orleans come into sight!! This being our first cruise I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was GREAT! My daughter (16) has come to the conclusion that everyone needs to cruise one week each month!!! Boy, I wish I could afford to... Let see, let me start with the Port of New Orleans; there is alot of construction going on around the port, traffic is a mess, but bearable. We arrived at the Port at approx. 11:00 am, we were walking onboard ship by 11:45 am. They told us we wouldn't be able to go to our rooms until 1:30 pm, but ours was ready by 12:30!!!

All of the crew were really nice, big smiles, gave you the feeling they loved being there. My sister and daughter spent a little while talking to a couple of the crew members late one night up on deck & they really made a good impression on them.

Our Room Stewart was Jean, he and his asst(s). were great, had 3 towel animals and he kept my cooler full of ice the whole week. Our room never had any odor. We never smelled any odors in the hall. My only complaint was that our room had no water pressure and very little hot water during the busy "shower" times of the day.

Our waiter in the dinning room was Edgar. I can't say enough good things about Edgar, he stole our hearts. He remembered everything after the first night, and he spoiled my daughter and made her feel very special. I finally got to try the pumpkin soup, I liked it, but liked the smoked salmon better!! Lobster was good, but my prime rib was wonderful. We ate at the pizzaria, was good (better late at night). Ice cream was real good. The buffet didn't have a very large selection, but was pretty good. We ordered breakfast from room service several times, and it was good. If you get the chance order the Chicken Fajita Wrap from room service, oh my goodness, it is to die for!!! So is the Chocolate Cake.

I tried several of the "Drink of the Day" drinks, liked all of them except the "Yellow Bird". YUK too sweet. The drink coupons I had ordered came in real handy when getting refills on the drink of the day. I had ordered my daughter a towel to be in the room upon arrival. It was wrapped in a clear bag with a big red bow on it. Those towels are over 5 feet long. She loved it.

We snorkled at XCarte while in Calica. Bus was waiting on us at the pier, took 15 minutes to get to park. The snorkle guides were great, spent alot of time with us showing up starfish, sponges, eels, etc. Will do that again one day! I highly recommed XCarte. Worth the $55.00 admission (snorkling was $29.00 per person).

Shopped in Cozumel. Got to ride in one of the infamous taxis! Oh my, that was the longest 15 minutes of my life!!! Word of warning: HOLD - ON!!! We went to Senor Frogs after shopping and LOVED IT!! Great Strawberry Margarettas! That will be a must for my next trip. I'm just glad I went shopping first or I would have never left Senor Frogs after arrival! Too Fun!

I'm trying to think if there is anything I missed. I'm sure I'll remember something after sending, but, if anyone has any questions, just let me know!!!

Loved the Sensation, will travel on her again one day I hope!

Old December 6th, 2004, 02:13 PM
****Lucy**** 10,000+ Club

Yeah!! You had Jean too! Didn't you just LOVE HIM!!!!!! He was so wonderful!! I thought my first Steward on the Sensation was wonderful until I met Jean, he just brightened my day! I talked to him alot about his family at home (bless his heart, you can just tell how much he misses them...), he was just so pleasant and always had a smile!!! I hope to have him again one day!!

Glad you enjoyed the Sensation!!!!

**Click here for a 15 minute compilation of past S&S cruises!!**

Sensation 7/03, Sensation (Saints and Sinners I) 10/04, Miracle (Partae Pirates) 2/05, Valor Vampires 10/05, Sov of the Seas 2/06, Conquest (Saints and Sinners II) 10/06, Fantasy (S&S 2.5) 1/07, Liberty (Saints and Sinners III) 10/07, Destiny (Saints and Sinners IV) 10/20/08 and 11/3/08 B2B, Legend (Saints and Sinners V) 10/18/09 Fantasy (40th Bday Cruise) 1/10, Coming Up... Valor S&S 10 Year Reunion 10/26/14

Old December 6th, 2004, 03:13 PM
10,000+ Club

Glad to hear y'all had such a nice cruise. Now you're hooked!!!
1989 - Carnival Mardi Gras
1990 - Princess - Pacific Princess
1991 - RCCL - Song of Norway
2001 - Carnival Holiday
2002 - Carnival Holiday
2003 - Carnival Holiday
2004 - Carnival Holiday CTN
2004 - Carnival Sensation
2005 - Carnival Paradise
2006 - RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas
2006 - Carnival Conquest - Platinum!
2007 - Carnival Holiday
2007 - Carnival Paradise
2008 - Princess - Crown Princess
2009 - Carnival Fantasy
2009 - Princess - Alaska
Remember - NO irons, heating pads, or candles allowed in cabins!

Old December 6th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

She's one of "us" now....(Evil Laugh....)
Pride 5/05 - HM to Mex. Riv
Star Princess 1/06 - W. Carib
RC Empress OTS 9/06 - Bermuda
Aruba (land vacation) 5/07

http://community.webshots.com/user/newmrsgriffin Empress of the Seas, Star Princess, and Carnival Pride shots!

Old December 6th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the review. I willbe on the Sensation on the 1st on Jan. DO you know if I can get to the boarding area walking from the Hilton, or do I need to drive all the way areound? It seems that we may be able to save time by walking from the Riverwalk?

Barbara

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 6th, 2004, 03:34 PM

It IS possible, but with luggage it might be tough... it is a longer walk than it looks from the hotel, and not just a straight shot... I don't think I would have attempted it, but I had luggage.. if you just have one bag, you might want to do it... but walk it first early in the morning and see if you want to give it a shot! It was definitely worth the cab fare for us!!!

Sensation 7/03, Sensation (Saints and Sinners I) 10/04, Miracle (Partae Pirates) 2/05, Valor Vampires 10/05, Sov of the Seas 2/06, Conquest (Saints and Sinners II) 10/06, Fantasy (S&S 2.5) 1/07, Liberty (Saints and Sinners III) 10/07, Destiny (Saints and Sinners IV) 10/20/08 and 11/3/08 B2B, Legend (Saints and Sinners V) 10/18/09 Fantasy (40th Bday Cruise) 1/10, Coming Up... Valor S&S 10 Year Reunion 10/26/14

Old December 6th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Hooked on Cruising

Yes, I'm hooked (evil laugh!!!). So is my daughter. She came off the boat trying to figure out how we can go on another one. She's put in a request that we give her a cruise each year for her birthday. (Yes, she has expensive taste)!!! But I do see this as something we will be repeating. My husband has no desire to go, so I guess it'll just be us girls!! I sure hate that (there's that evil laugh again)!!!

Old December 6th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

We will be on the Verandah Deck, V36. Had to book early to get one of the 8 inside cabins! I do just LOVE Cozumel, especially that bad place, C&C!!!!

Isabel
Sept. 11, 2014 Elation, Western Caribbean
Jan 19, 2014 Sunshine, Western Caribbean
March 29, 2012 Elation, Western Caribbean
Oct. 2, 2010 Triumph, Western Caribbean
Nov. 10, 2008 Fantasy,Western Caribbean
April 26, 2008 Liberty, Eastern Caribbean
Feb. 5, 2007 Fantasy,Western Caribbean
April 22, 2006 Elation, Eastern Caribbean
Nov. 28, 2005 Elation, Western Caribbean
Nov. 7, 2004 Conquest, Western Caribbean
Nov. 2, 2003 NCL Dream, Western Caribbean
Nov. 22, 2002 Conquest, Western Caribbean
May 18, 2001 Inspiration, Western Caribbean
March 9, 1999 Celebration, Western Caribbean

Old December 6th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for your review! We'll be on the Sensation on the 6th and your review has me even more excited! Did you have early or late seating for dinner? How were the shows?

katie@fg2.com

Old December 7th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Wink Dinner Seating

Peyton6,
We had the late seating. I wish we had changed it, cause by the time we ate at 8:30 we got sleepy quickly afterwards. Next time I'll make sure we have early seating. Our waiter was Edgar, if you get him, you will absolutely LOVE him. The shows were great.

Old December 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

We have late seating, too. Do you go to the shows BEFORE dinner if you eat late? That's what we did on RCCL...

katie@fg2.com

Old December 7th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Show times

No, we went after we ate.

Old December 7th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

GC, How much was a taxi pp from Hilton to ship? Thanks.

Old December 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM

Echo, I believe it was $7pp, but the more people in the cab, the less it was per person.

Old December 7th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

What time did you get off the ship? Thanks!

until the Jewel of the Seas New Year's Cruise