Caribbean Ship in Storm

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:48 AM.
#1
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Has anyone heard anything about this, apparently the ship listed and pianos were thrown about etc, four passengers were hurt
#2
12,607 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
What "Caribbean ship"? Do you mean the Caribbean Princess? Or a ship in the Caribbean Sea?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 2 down, 2 to go: Pacific Princess & Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
#5
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario
What "Caribbean ship"? Do you mean the Caribbean Princess? Or a ship in the Caribbean Sea?
This being the Princess cruise forum, yes the Princess Caribbean ship
#6
12,607 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 2 down, 2 to go: Pacific Princess & Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
#7
14,450 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by juggles
This being the Princess cruise forum, yes the Princess Caribbean ship
There are other Princess ships sailing thru the Caribbean at the moment, hence the confusion. I wondered the same thing.
#8
12,607 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by chrysalis
There are other Princess ships sailing thru the Caribbean at the moment, hence the confusion. I wondered the same thing.
Thank you. Glad it wasn't only me that thought the thread title was unclear.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 2 down, 2 to go: Pacific Princess & Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
#9
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by chrysalis
There are other Princess ships sailing thru the Caribbean at the moment, hence the confusion. I wondered the same thing.
There's only one Princess ship named the Caribbean, I meant to put a smiley, 'Drives'
#12
Ormond By-the-Sea, FL
127 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Yep, there is a storm pounding NE today.
Ships location can be found at ****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Caribbean+Princess

Seas do appear to be a bit testy !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Suez Canal - USS J.P. Kennedy Jr.(DD-850)-1958
Celebrity Century - Nov 2004
Celebrity Zenith (RIP) - Mar 2006
Carnival Sensation - Feb 2009

Island Princess - Jan 2010
Ruby Princess - Nov 2010
Emerald Princess
[b]- Oct 2011
Caribbean Princess - Nov 17, 2012
Regal Princess - Dec 14,2014
Coral Princess - Feb 6,2017



"Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery."
#13
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by chrysalis
...and there is only one body of water named "Caribbean" where ships sail.
Chrysalis, let's not be petty, in the UK the grammar in that case would have been....Ship in the Caribbean in Storm


Look, it's like this....if this was a Macdonald's forum and I complain about the chips/chicken, someone says..do you mean MacDonald's chips/chicken?
#15
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by kendon
Where did you hear about this? I have friends on this cruise, so I'm interested.

member of the staff
#16
12,607 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
No, that's not it. You're missing the point. The point is that your thread was vague. Instead of automatically assuming what you meant, I chose to ask questions so that we were talking about the same thing.

The ship is called the Caribbean Princess. If you're referring to it, you should use the name or the acronym. A "ship in the Caribbean" could be any one of about 50 different ships, or at least about 5 different Princess ships at the moment.

I was just trying to figure out what you meant.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 2 down, 2 to go: Pacific Princess & Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
#17
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by DrivesLikeMario
No, that's not it. You're missing the point. The point is that your thread was vague. Instead of automatically assuming what you meant, I chose to ask questions so that we were talking about the same thing.

The ship is called the Caribbean Princess. If you're referring to it, you should use the name or the acronym. A "ship in the Caribbean" could be any one of about 50 different ships, or at least about 5 different Princess ships at the moment.

I was just trying to figure out what you meant.

jeese, I know it would but I named the thread..Caribbean ship in Storm...on a Princess cruise thread!! i.e...the Caribbean ship.
It's not on the P & O or the Holland and American forums
Anyway have a nice day, I'm off out now.
#18
14,450 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
....and to add to that, just because it is posted on the Princess thread does not automatically mean it relates to Princess. So you reference to McDonalds is meaningless.

Take a look the the main Princess page here and note the threads that have nothing to do with Princess cruise lines. I won't bother to count them, but there are quiet a few.

I don't feel so bad knowing that I was not the only one who knew what you were talking about. We were only seeking clarification, not a lesson in grammar.
#19
UK
698 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by chrysalis
....and to add to that, just because it is posted on the Princess thread does not automatically mean it relates to Princess. So you reference to McDonalds is meaningless.

Take a look the the main Princess page here and note the threads that have nothing to do with Princess cruise lines. I won't bother to count them, but there are quiet a few.

I don't feel so bad knowing that I was not the only one who knew what you were talking about. We were only seeking clarification, not a lesson in grammar.

#If I made you sigh
If I made you cry
If I told a lie
I'm sorry
From the bottom of my heart dear
I apologise#
#20
New York City, NY
2,059 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by chrysalis
....I don't feel so bad knowing that I was not the only one who knew what you were talking about.
If you knew what she was talking about, why feel so bad?

More than a dozen posts and we still have only rumors! Someone better bloody well get on the horn to THE Caribbean Ship (not just any, mind you!) and get us some facts!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SeaMatesNYC


____________________________
Silver Spirit - #5138 RT FLL Xmas/New Years '11/'12 || Silver Cloud - 6/11 Italy/Greece || QM2 - 4X || HAL Zuiderdam || HAL Eurodam || QE2 || HAL Noordam 2X ||
Crown Princess 1X || Dawn Princess 2X || Island Princess 1X || Grand Princess 2X ||Star Princess 1X