Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > West Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

West Coast Departures
Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver

Old November 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Seattle Hotels

Can anyone recommend any sea-tac hotels that are close (within walking distance) to the light rail system? Any help would be appreciated.

Old November 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

you might want to ask this question on the West Coast Departure board. When I was planning my Alaska trip everyone over these was VERY helpful.

1984 - 2014
Dolphin, Big Red Boat (7x), Regent Rainbow, Carnival Fantasy (2x), Sovereign of the Seas (3x), Grandeur OTS(x2), CCL Liberty, CCL Sensation (x2), CCL Inspiration, CCL Glory, NCL Dawn, Monarch of the Seas (9x), Rhapsody OTS - 50th birthday to Alaska, CCL Fascination (x4), CCL Legend, Freedom of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, CCL Dream, CCL Ecstasy, Enchantment OTS, CCL Freedom, Brilliance OTS, CCL Victory, Ruby Princess

Old November 5th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lry229 View Post
you might want to ask this question on the West Coast Departure board. When I was planning my Alaska trip everyone over these was VERY helpful.
I second this recommendation..Enjoy Seattle..if you have time take a Savour Seattle walking tour...check out their website..we had a fabulous time on this. It is a great way to sample your way through Pike's Market. Seattle is a great city..and the Alaskan cruise afterwards was amazing...

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

There are many hotels in walking distance... I think DH and I like the Redlion on 5th ave best. almost any downtown hotel will be close though.

12.12.10 Carnival Sensation, Bahamas
12.13.09 Carnival Splendor, Mexican riviera
5.17.09 Star Princess, Alaska
4.6.08 Island Princess, Panama Canal

Ya right!!

Old November 6th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Daddy View Post
Can anyone recommend any sea-tac hotels that are close (within walking distance) to the light rail system? Any help would be appreciated.

There aren't any, really. There are a couple of seedy motels north of the light rail station that are probably walkable, but trust me--I live in the general neighborhood--you do NOT want to stay or walk there.

The better hotels are farther south, east and south of the airport. Ask the hotels you're considering if they have a shuttle that wil drop you off at the light rail station. Can't say for sure, but I'm betting that many of them will.

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

By next May the light rail station at the airport will be open, so any of the area hotels that have shuttles to the airport will have shuttles to the light rail station. This will be a non-issue.