Vision of the Seas

Been back a week from the Vision of the Seas. Had an awesome cruise. The crew were outstanding. We had an aft balcony and it was amazing. Two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and small table and still plenty of room. The weather was warm on the Mexican Riviera. It did start to get cool right after leaving Puerto Vallarta, which is odd. It usually stays warm up to about Cabo and then turns cold. We had rain on Saturday and then sprinkles on Sunday morning. :(

Only two "grumbles", wouldn't call them complaints. The first is checking in for Platinum and Diamond members. We were the first in line and two windows were open. I'm thinking, we're on a roll and will be on the ship in no time. WRONG. Both lines had problem check ins. My grumble for our line was, the lady checking in was a Platinum or Diamond member. She had three other rooms of friends, family or others traveling with her that were not Platinum or Diamond members. That was not the problem, the problem was that the other three must have been first time cruisers and did not have any of their paperwork filled out or identification available. We stood in line for twenty minutes while they first filled out the paperwork, then dug through backpacks to find the id. I think if you as a Platinum or Diamond member want others to check in with you, common courtesy would have you make sure the others have everything in order for a quick check in. Nuff said. The second window had a large extended family checking in where Mom had lost her passport and kids birth certificates. While I feel sorry for her, she didn't seem as upset about it as I would have been, they all stood around discussing where the paperwork might be or where it was left and the agent just stood there staring at them. It wasn't solving anything and they still weren't getting checked in. Finally a supervisor came over and got them to move to another area so the others in line could check in.

The second grumble was about the diningroom food. It wasn't to our taste. Wasn't bad, just wasn't as I remember RCL's food. It took me three tries to get my steak cooked like I wanted, and I am not picky. Just wanted it pink in the middle, not brown. That was not three times on one night, I just tried a different way on three different occasions. Third time was the charm, it was excellent. The veal parmesan tasted like Prego or Ragu sauce. The lobster and shrimp were excellent. Not too many appetizers that sounded appealing. The cream of Aspargus soup was too die for. Deserts were just okay.

In closing, an awesome cruise, met come great people and the crew were outstanding. The Vision was a lovely ship. It was easy to navigate and did not seem to be too crowded at any time. I have major PCD and am already looking for the next cruise special. We would book on the Vision again in a heart beat.

Sounds as if the people checking in ahead of you were out to prove that Darwin was wrong.

As for the food I have to admit that these last two cruises the food wasn't as good as I remembered from our first cruise in 2002. However, I haven't come close to starving yet. Although I did only gain ONE pound on our last 7 night cruise. On the first cruise, I gained something like 7 to 10 pounds. ;) I wonder if that's a good way to measure satisfaction with the food on a cruise? Gaining more weight means better food. :D

Archived