Posted December 15th, 2009, 10:20 AM
We left Voyager last night. What a mess that place was.....I do NOT understand why there was no communication as to what was going on earlier in the day. People were sooooo upset. I think that if we had just heard something folks would have handled the bad news better.
I will say we opted to take the 100% cruise credit--I could not see the point in more waiting--we already missed Roatan. The RC folks handling this process did a great job in getting people in and out and were friendly about it under what must have been very stressful conditions.
This is the second time (out of two cruises)weather has come into major play in our cruise.....first was Hurricane Wilma. I understand that the weather cannot be controlled but it would be very helpful to have more frequent communication from the Captain. Why this decision was made is beyond me!
The Captain is at the mercy of the Port Authorities. He can't move the ship or plan anything until he is given information and permission. I would think he is even more frustrated than the passengers. His ship is losing money for the company while it sits still. They can't make money when tied at a pier. Sorry your expierence with cruising has been bad. I can relate, I had a couple of ski trips planned in the month of January that were cut short by snow. Almost got snowed in at Lake Tahoe, flights were cancelled in Reno, it took forever for us to get home on a different carrier.
Glad you got your certificate for a next cruise. Hope your luck is better in the future.
God Bless our troops,