Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Holiday Exchange 2013

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holiday Exchange 2013
Celebrate the Holidays of Season with your Cruise Critic Friends -- Halloween - Thanksgiving - Hanukkah - Christmas - Kwanza - The New Year

Old December 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default What do you have for breakfast Christmas morning?

What do you have for breakfast on Christmas morning? I used to have donuts or a coffee cake. But I am constantly trying to loose weight, so I quit having the high calorie breakfast. Then I made a breakfast caserole with eggs, sausage, cheese, etc. Probably still as high calorie as donuts! But the family didn't really like it. I thought I would try something new this year. Do you have any good ideas? I would like it to be something I can make ahead of time, and heat up. We open presents Christmas morning.

Happy Holidays and Blessing to all.
X Infinity Feb. 2014 Antarctic ~ X Constellation Dec. 2013 Western Caribbean ~ Caribbean Princess Nov. 2013 Western Caribbean ~ HAL Noordam Feb. 2013 Southern Caribbean ~ Saphire Princess Aug. 2012 Alaska ~ HAL Maasdam April 2012 Eastern Caribbean ~ Celebrity Expedition Dec. 2011 Galapagos ~ Hal Zuiderdam Mar. 2011 Panama Canal ~ Hal Noordam Nov 2010 Southern Caribbean ~ HAL Maasdam May 2010 Southern Carib ~ Azamara Journey Feb. 2010 Southern Carib ~ Golden Princess May 2009 Alaska ~ Tahitian Princess Nov. 2008 French Polynesia ~ X Constellation Dec. 2007 SouthernCarib ~ HAL Volendam March 2006 Southern Carib ~ X Century May 2004 Eastern Caribbean ~ Carnival Paradise June 2002 Western Caribbean ~ RCCL Voyager Dec 2001 Western Caribbean

Old December 19th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

We tend to eat late in the morning[ busy opening presents]
So... I cook up a pound of bacon the day before and the morning of - I toss it in the microwave and reheat it just to crisp it up a bit. I put that out on a platter with croissants and a fruit tray and dip for everyone to pick away at... I know it sounds tacky but I buy throw away Christmas plates and napkins and then when they're done nibbling we throw them away with the leftover wrap , bows and tags. Easy Peezy!
Coffe, Tea and juice as well...
2003- Celebrity Galaxy-Panama Canal
2004- Carnival Victory- Eastern Carib.
2005- NCL Pearl-Southern Carib.
2006- Carnival Freedom- Western Carib.
2007- Liberty of the Seas- Eastern Carib.
2007- Carnival Liberty-Eastern Carib.
2008- Costa Mediterranea-Western- Belize
2009- Crown Princess- Southern Carib.
2010- Grandeur of the Seas- Western Carib
2010- Carnival Dream Western- Belize
2010- Carnival Inspiration-Mama & Me- Eastern Carib.
2011- Carnival Miracle- Southern Carib.
2012- Jewel of the Seas- Western Carib.
2013- Carnival Miracle- HAWAII BABY!!! Apr./14
2014- Brilliance of the Seas- Western Carib.

Last edited by copper6606; December 19th, 2009 at 02:33 AM.

Old December 19th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Growing up my mom would make the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. I continued to make them when I grew up and was on my own. I did it for a few years after I got married - however, my husband doesn't like pastry for breakfast. The girls like them though. So this year I will make them and my husband can have something else. When I don't have the cinnamon rolls, I feel kind of bad.

Princess Cruises:
Coral - Alaska - Aug 2003 // Crown - Caribbean - April 2007//Grand - Aegean-Egypt -Nov 2009
Royal - Caribbean - April 2010 // Sapphire - Alaska - July 2010 //
Caribbean-Caribbean - March 2011 // Emerald - Northern Europe - April 2012 // Ruby - Caribbean - 2013 // Regal - Westbound TA - Oct 2014

Old December 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sticky Buns

I spend Christmas Eve day making cinnamon sticky buns. It's the only time of year I make them and my family won't let a Christmas go by without them. Been a tradition for 20 years or more. On Christmas morning, we warm them in the microwave with a pat of butter...YUM! It's Christmas and calories don't count!!
Norwegian Dawn 4/09 DH and BFF 50th Bdays
Caribbean Princess 2/10 30th Anniversary
Caribbean Princess 2/11 Do we really need a reason?
RCCL Adventure of the Seas 12/11

Old December 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

There is only one thing for Christmas morning, Country ham and biscuits! I have a really hard time finding it where we live, so the grocery that I shop just ordered some for me last week. All ready for Christmas morning!

]

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

After the presents are all open we have the Cinnamon rolls with champagne and Orange juice... thats our tradition....

Carnival Freedom Review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992087
Carnival Freedom -Eastern Caribbean -2014
Celebrity Solstice - South Pacific/Hawaii -2013
Celebrity Solstice -Australia -2013
Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean - 2012
Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - 2011
Semi-Live on Celebrity Infinity review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...9973&highlight=
Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal -2010
Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - 2010
Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean - 2010
Carnival Spirit - Alaska 2009
Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean - 2009
Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - 2008
HA Rotterdam - Mediterranean - 2007

Old December 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Eggnog pancakes - One of my favorite pancake mixes - Golden Malted -made with eggnog. Oranges with Grand Marnier syrup. I have been making these since we were married many, many years ago.

Last year I added Cinnomon rolls and will do that again this year. I also make bacon for the bacon eaters.

Old December 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

This year I'll have whatever they are serving in the Zaandam dining room!
We always made waffles or pancakes and eggs. Special things we don't usually go to the bother of making.

Old December 19th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default helpmesailaway please post the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmesailaway View Post
Eggnog pancakes - One of my favorite pancake mixes - Golden Malted -made with eggnog. Oranges with Grand Marnier syrup. I have been making these since we were married many, many years ago.

Last year I added Cinnomon rolls and will do that again this year. I also make bacon for the bacon eaters.
Egg Nog Pancakes sounds right up my alley. Please post the recipe.

Thanks,
X Infinity Feb. 2014 Antarctic ~ X Constellation Dec. 2013 Western Caribbean ~ Caribbean Princess Nov. 2013 Western Caribbean ~ HAL Noordam Feb. 2013 Southern Caribbean ~ Saphire Princess Aug. 2012 Alaska ~ HAL Maasdam April 2012 Eastern Caribbean ~ Celebrity Expedition Dec. 2011 Galapagos ~ Hal Zuiderdam Mar. 2011 Panama Canal ~ Hal Noordam Nov 2010 Southern Caribbean ~ HAL Maasdam May 2010 Southern Carib ~ Azamara Journey Feb. 2010 Southern Carib ~ Golden Princess May 2009 Alaska ~ Tahitian Princess Nov. 2008 French Polynesia ~ X Constellation Dec. 2007 SouthernCarib ~ HAL Volendam March 2006 Southern Carib ~ X Century May 2004 Eastern Caribbean ~ Carnival Paradise June 2002 Western Caribbean ~ RCCL Voyager Dec 2001 Western Caribbean

Old December 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

It's tradition at our house for me to make a crustless bacon and swiss cheese quiche, served with croissants. Thinking about adding the cinnamon-nut rolls and a breakfast casserole. Of course when I mentioned this to the men in the family, they all said they would just eat more bacon!! Yikes! I may have to skip the Weight Watchers meeting next week!!! Got to lose before I cruise!

Past cruises:
Emerald Princess - S. Caribbean - March 2013
Brilliance Of The Seas - S. Caribbean - January 2013
Brilliance Of the Seas - Canadian Cruise - October 2012
Adventure of the Seas - S. Caribbean - February 2012
Carnival Glory - W Caribbean - January 2011
Adventure Of the Sea - S. Caribbean - February 2010
Island Princess - Alaska - July 2006

Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Traditionally we do not have a large breakfast - we usually have things that we can make ahead so not one has to be in the kitchen much on Christmas morning. DH makes a wonderful puff pastry (from scratch), and we make sausage balls ahead of time and just pop them into the oven. Depending on how ambitious I have beem, I may have an assortment of cookies. We have some fresh fruit and juice, coffee, and cocoa. Everone just "grazes" as they desire. This year Christmas morning will be just DH and I so we probably be even simpler than that.
I know most of this isn't low-cal, but the calorie conscious can eat more of the fresh fruit and coffee or low-fat cocoa and just a taste of the other things.
7/06 Adventure of the Seas
12/08 Westerdam
6/10 Glory
6/12 Ecstasy

Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was told it isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Years that hurts you, it is what you eat between New Years and Christmas which is harmful.

I usually just have toast because we eat lunch at 1pm, and there is no way I want to be full from a big breakfast and miss mom's famous dressing. Merry Christmas everyone.

142 days to go.

Carnival Victory - Southern Caribbean - May 2011
Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - May 2010
Carnival Destiny - Southern Caribbean - May 2008
Carnival Victory - Eastern Caribbean - May 2006

ISLANDS VISITED: St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay

Last edited by hi2you; December 23rd, 2009 at 12:54 PM.

Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Christmas Food

Cookies and Milk what Else!

Merry Christmas
Adventure of the Seas - B2B - May 2008
Mariner of the Seas - March 2012
Navigator of the Seas - December 1, 2013

Coming

Grandeur of the Seas - April 2015

Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

we have celebrating Christmas all week..and Christmas is nt even here yet..so it s been left over s every morning, noon and night..

this does nt do much for my weight either..

Old December 23rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Breakfast Casserole - Yum!

We have a bacon, egg and cheese casserole, fruit salad, and coffee cake (usually some sort of Entenmann's). I make the casserole on Christmas Eve, because it has to sit overnight in the refrigerator before baking. I bake it while we open presents on Christmas morning, and about the time we're done, the casserole is ready. It's so yummy!

One year, we thought seriously about taking a Christmas cruise, but my youngest son (then about 15 years old) said, "No way! We wouldn't be able to have our traditional breakfast casserole if we were on a ship!" So.... we stayed home for Christmas!

Up Next: RCI Liberty of the Seas - 4-12-14 - Western Caribbean!
~~~
RCI Enchantment-2/14-Bahamas ~ RCI Enchantment-7/13-Bahamas ~ RCI Navigator -3/13-W. Carib. ~ RCI Freedom-10/12-E. Carib. ~ RCI Monarch-7/12-Bahamas ~ RCI Voyager-10/11-Adriatic~ RCI Monarch-8/11-Bahamas ~ Caribbean Princess-10/10-S. Carib ~ RCI Freedom-6/09-W. Carib. ~ RCI Adventure-6/08-S. Carib. ~ RCI Voyager-6/07-W. Med. ~ RCI Mariner-5/06-E. Carib. ~ Sea Princess-5/05-Europe ~ Carnival Sensation-12/04-W. Carib. ~ Carnival Glory-4/04-E. Carib. ~ Carnival Spirit-6/03-Alaska ~ Carnival Paradise-12/02-W. Carib. ~ Carnival Sensation-12/01-Western Carib. ~ RCI Sovereign-7/01-Bahamas ~ Disney Magic-1/99-Bahamas ~ Cunard Countess-4/84-S. Carib.

Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Christmas day breakfast has to be smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and champagne, can't beat it , I'm working Christmas day & Boxing Day this year, so will have to go easy on the champers. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a brilliant New Year. Roll on Jan 4th - QM2 NY to UK.

Old December 24th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Christmas morning is special for me so for enjoying this christmas i planned to start with my favorite breakfast Chocolate Gravy with Croissants and Christmas Eggnog French Toast.

Old December 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

like the mimosa thought...will have to stop at the packy after work! merry christmas everyone!

Old December 24th, 2009, 05:30 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by September Baby View Post
Christmas day breakfast has to be smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and champagne, can't beat it , I'm working Christmas day & Boxing Day this year, so will have to go easy on the champers. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a brilliant New Year. Roll on Jan 4th - QM2 NY to UK.
We have scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and croissants.... no idea where we got this combination from.... now my chicks have flown the nest we have the ingredients but I don't know whether we'll bother.....
Oasis of the Seas - B2B - Barcelona - Barcelona - Rotterdam - Sept 18th 2014 Bit of a blog here
Not called a blog but it is one :
Day visit to Celebrity Eclipse July 5th 2014 here
Legend of the Seas - Ultimate Scandinavia & Russia – June 18th 2014 Bit of a blog here
Adventure of the Seas - Westbound Transatlantic - 4th November 2013 Bit of a blog here
M/S Chardonnay : Cote d'Azur - Paris : 1st August 2013 Bit of a blog here
Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 17th March 2013 Bit of a (surprise) blog here
Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012 Bit of a blog :here
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 26th November 2011 Bit of a blog :here Link to pics : here and here
Adventure of the Seas - 5 Nights out of Malaga - 8th November 2010
Bit of a blog : here
Radiance of the Seas - Alaska Cruise Tour - 31st July 2010 Bit of a blog : here Link to Linda's FB pics : here Some of Darran's pics are here
Jewel of the Seas - Panama Canal - 2nd March 2009 Bit of a blog : here
Link to pics : here
Independence of the Seas - Treasures of the Med - 20th Sept 2008 Bit of a blog : here

Where I'm Going :
Rhapsody of the Seas - 3rd May 2015 : Singapore - Dubai
Celebrity Solstice - 14th February 2016 : B2B : Auckland - Perth (Fremantle) - Sydney

Old December 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

French Toast Casserole - yummy! make the night before, cover w/foil. takes @45 minutes to bake in 350oven, next morning. many different recipes pop up, on Google.
Like the sound of eggnog pancakes