transportation from cruise terminal to airport at Buenos Aires

LeeWalker

We have a flight to catch at 1 pm at the Buenos Aires airport on the same day our cruise ends. What is the best way to get to the airport from the cruise terminal? if we catch a taxi, how much is the fare? Will there be extra charge because it's the cruise terminal? Are there other forms of transportation? I understand there is a lot of confusion at the cruise terminal, so we like to have some plans in place so we will not miss our flight.

Thank you for your answers.

We have a flight to catch at 1 pm at the Buenos Aires airport on the same day our cruise ends. What is the best way to get to the airport from the cruise terminal? if we catch a taxi, how much is the fare? Will there be extra charge because it's the cruise terminal? Are there other forms of transportation? I understand there is a lot of confusion at the cruise terminal, so we like to have some plans in place so we will not miss our flight.

Taxi or remis (pvt car) is the way to go. It will take about 45 minutes during weekday mid day traffic. The normal fare is around 80 pesos, but taxis at the pier will charge twice that at least. You can try calling a radio cab - Premium Cab Co is 5238 0000, but see other numbers by searching "Pidalgo" here. You can prearrange for the cab or remis ( for other remis cos you can google "remis Buenos Aires").

I found this link: http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/ from the taxi company at the airport, it´s only in spanish but maybe they can help you!;)

I found this link: http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/ from the taxi company at the airport, it´s only in spanish but maybe they can help you!;)

Taxi Ezezia recently raised its fare to/from EZE to 138 pesos. Radio cab cos like Premium, Pidalgo and some remis cos have an executive service for about 110 pesos which includes an upscale car, wifi in the car, bottled water, etc. The standard fare is 80.

Owl61,

Thanks for your reply. Will there be any Radio cabs at the pier which I can hail or they have to be called in advance? i just afraid I will not be able to do the calling as I won't have a cell phone with me and finding a phone booth nowadays can be difficult. Actually the ideal thing would be to prearrange everything before my cruise starts, either by phone or email. But are they reliable enough to show up if I book that early, like 16 days in advance? Forgive me for being so paranoid as I 've heard cruise ships docking at Buenos Aires sometimes could be late due to strong wind and I don't want to miss my 1 pm flight. So knowing my ride is waiting for me can be a great comfort.

Owl61,

Thanks for your reply. Will there be any Radio cabs at the pier which I can hail or they have to be called in advance? i just afraid I will not be able to do the calling as I won't have a cell phone with me and finding a phone booth nowadays can be difficult. Actually the ideal thing would be to prearrange everything before my cruise starts, either by phone or email. But are they reliable enough to show up if I book that early, like 16 days in advance? Forgive me for being so paranoid as I 've heard cruise ships docking at Buenos Aires sometimes could be late due to strong wind and I don't want to miss my 1 pm flight. So knowing my ride is waiting for me can be a great comfort.

Do you or a travel mate speak Spanish? If so, you can call a radio taxi from the pier. Phone is readily available in the terminal communication center ( locutorio). Several of the biggest are: Taxi del Plata 4504-7776, 4505-1111, Radio Taxi Pidalo 4932-2222, 4956-1200, Radio Taxi Premium 5238-0000, 4374-6666. Car should arrive in less than 15 minutes. For a more upscale, reliable limo service of an expat American, see http://www.silverstarcar.com/ . The fee is competitive.

I just left BA yesterday (Jan 2) ALL taxis at the "old terminal" have a set price of 70 dollars (by port authority) to airport. Our particiular taxi could hold 4 passengers and probably 5 large suitcases many others were smaller.

There are NO other taxis there. Option is to take the free shuttle offered by H. Stern to their store next to Marriott and get a taxi from their.

I just left BA yesterday (Jan 2) ALL taxis at the "old terminal" have a set price of 70 dollars (by port authority) to airport. Our particiular taxi could hold 4 passengers and probably 5 large suitcases many others were smaller.

Thank you for the info. Is there a old terminal and a new one? Do cruise ships park mostly at the old one?

There are NO other taxis there. Option is to take the free shuttle offered by H. Stern to their store next to Marriott and get a taxi from their.

There is one cruise terminal. There is no port authority set price. The $70 set price is an arbitrary fare established by the so-called taxi mafia that works the cruise terminal. The reason there are no other cabs is that these thugs will intimidate any street cabs that try to pull into the terminal lot to service the pax at normal rates. Reminds me of Istanbul's pier.

Despite the existence of these ripoff artists you should be able to call a radio cab, remis or limo service like Silverstar to pull into the terminal lot and take you to your destination for the correct price. If need be, take the Stern bus, exit as soon as possible and grab a regular street cab. If you offer 80 pesos total (incl tolls and tip) the cabbie should be willing to take you to EZE.

Edited by owl61

Hi-- I don't know if this will help you-- we are going on the Infinity on 2/11 and when the ship docks at the end of the cruise in BA, the ship offers several day tours of varying lengths that will take you and your luggage from the ship to sightseeing destinations to the airport. Our flight does not leave until 9:30 PM so we are taking an all-day 9 hour tour. Yes it's pricey but solves the hassle factor.

Also- check whether your ship and airline offers pre-luggage check in on the ship-- usually costs around $20 pp and they take your luggage directly to the airport from the ship so you don't have to shlep.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Help: We are cruising on the Star Princess 2/2/2010 thru 3/2/2010. I am looking for the name if the Port that the Star Princess will depart on 2/2/2010. We are arriveing EZE and need to complete arrangement to travel to the ship.

Any Pinochle players going on this cruise. Carol and I are looking to connect with Two to four players. Look forward to a response. Thanks Ray:)

• 3 years later...

I would strongly recommend either to use the transfer your cruise line offers or to arrange for a private van or car to pick you up. We didn't do either because we just wanted to transfer to our downtown hotel again after the cruise. We tried - but there isn't a chance to get a "free" taxi that will offer you the correct price. At the end we took one of the taxis of the taxi mafia - knowing it was a rip-off because we paid about 4 times as much as from the hotel to the port two weeks before. Some people walked with their luggage to the next gas station about half a mile away, possibly to catch a radio taxi there??

Celebrity cruises for example offers a coach transfer that includes some sights.

On the way from the airport to the city and out hotel before our cruise we pre-booked with "Taxi Ezeiza" online - they have a booth right inside the terminal and it was quick and easy. You order online, pay cash or by credit card when you arrive in B.A. and somebody will take you to your taxi. Fast and easy! They do a pick-up service from Buenos Aires to the Airport EZE but I don't know if they will pick you up at the port.

From what I have read take a taxi, pricing maybe $30 to $40 US dollars. I am trying to remember how long it takes from airport to downtown, maybe 35-40 minutes, depending on the day of the week. Have never heard of a different price since it is a cruise terminal, should not matter.

We will be cruising on celebrity infinity on 2 february 2014. We need to know what past cruisers would recommend for transferring to the airport perhaps with a short city tour to fill some time.

Many thanks for help.

lesleyf

I have heard a taxi or private car, there is a desk in the airport where you can reserve your ride and where you are going.

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

I would strongly recommend either to use the transfer your cruise line offers or to arrange for a private van or car to pick you up. We didn't do either because we just wanted to transfer to our downtown hotel again after the cruise. We tried - but there isn't a chance to get a "free" taxi that will offer you the correct price. At the end we took one of the taxis of the taxi mafia - knowing it was a rip-off because we paid about 4 times as much as from the hotel to the port two weeks before. Some people walked with their luggage to the next gas station about half a mile away, possibly to catch a radio taxi there??

Celebrity cruises for example offers a coach transfer that includes some sights.

On the way from the airport to the city and out hotel before our cruise we pre-booked with "Taxi Ezeiza" online - they have a booth right inside the terminal and it was quick and easy. You order online, pay cash or by credit card when you arrive in B.A. and somebody will take you to your taxi. Fast and easy! They do a pick-up service from Buenos Aires to the Airport EZE but I don't know if they will pick you up at the port.

Approximately how much was the taxi to your hotel in town? Mary

From what I have read take a taxi, pricing maybe $30 to $40 US dollars. I am trying to remember how long it takes from airport to downtown, maybe 35-40 minutes, depending on the day of the week. Have never heard of a different price since it is a cruise terminal, should not matter.

I agree that it SHOULD not matter. Unfortunately, it does. Taxis are controlled by a "taxi mafia" at the cruise terminal and charge considerably more than a standard metered fare.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, there is just one fronting on Av Ramon San Castillo....near the Sheraton.

https://www.google.com.ar/maps/search/sheraton+hotel/@-34.5850991,-58.3704578,14z/data=!4m8!2m7!3m6!1ssheraton+hotel!2sPark+Tower,+Avenida+Leandro+N.+Alem+1193,+1001+Buenos+Aires,+Argentina!3s0x95bccacacbb6a3f1:0x22e7e5d06b76a92e!4m2!1d-58.3729743!2d-34.5935941?hl=en

The taxi mafia still exists but its easier to avoid their fixed illegal overcharges by hailing a passing cab. Or insisting on the use of the meter.

Edited by pmacher61

Yes, there is just one fronting on Av Ramon San Castillo....near the Sheraton.

https://www.google.com.ar/maps/search/sheraton+hotel/@-34.5850991,-58.3704578,14z/data=!4m8!2m7!3m6!1ssheraton+hotel!2sPark+Tower,+Avenida+Leandro+N.+Alem+1193,+1001+Buenos+Aires,+Argentina!3s0x95bccacacbb6a3f1:0x22e7e5d06b76a92e!4m2!1d-58.3729743!2d-34.5935941?hl=en

The taxi mafia still exists but its easier to avoid their fixed illegal overcharges by hailing a passing cab. Or insisting on the use of the meter.

Thanks very much!

• 5 years later...

All of these posts are YEARS ago.   We will be arriving at the EZE airport on Jan 8 at just before noon.   Our ship leaves 7 p.m.  We would like to arrange for a pick-up at the airport and a city tour prior to being delivered to the ship.   Does anyone have any recommendations of how to do this and with what transportation company?

Edited by Sunseeker1001
correct name of airport from BUE to EZE