Thank you for emailing us about your recent cruise with us.
It's our pleasure to welcome you aboard...again, and again, and again. As a valued V.I.P. guest of Carnival, we want you to know that you can always count on us to fill your vacation with so much FUN you can't resist coming back for more. Given how important vacations are, we would have wanted your dining and debarkation experience to have been all you expected and more. Thank you for giving us your feedback.
We look forward to your next cruise Fun Ship cruise.
Guest Care Department
--- Original Message ---
From: JON GARDNER <[email protected]>
Received: 12/21/09 9:10:42 AM EST
To: IMC Guest Info <[email protected]>
Subject: Cruise Feedback (Comments/Suggestions)
Let me start by saying I have been accused of being a Carnival Cheer Leader on more than one occasion on the Cruise Critic boards. With that being said please accept the following comments with that in mind. I am not a chronic complainer and I am not looking for a free cruise or OBC etc. I just want you to know what our last cruise experience was like. None of these comments have anything to do with the terrible weather we experienced on this trip as we fully understand Carnival has no control of that.
1. It appears priority debarkation is a thing of the past. We are platinum and expected some degree of priority. Did not happen. Allowing all the "supposed" self assist people to debark prior to priority guest essentially relegates priority guest to near last to get off. While I understand to a degree allowing the true self assist folks to move out it should not be done at the expense of the priority guest - we were near the last people off the ship - no announcement was made for priority debarkation - people just got tired of waiting and watching everyone else get off the ship and pressed on. Arriving in customs area revealed baggage had been cleared - no announcement was made - not good!
2. Two mornings in a row (so not to be considered a fluke) sausage served in buffet was cold - not room temp cold - out of the refrig and not allowed to grow to room temp cold.
3. Seriously half the food served in the buffet was cold - do not understand this at all and this was throughout the entire cruise.
4. Food selection in buffet area appears vastly reduced - another cost cutter move???
5. Morning coffee - sat down on Lido to have coffee and notice lipstick on both sides of the "clean" coffee cup - no excuse for that at all.
6. Had a problem with our bill early in the cruise and had to make 3 trips to the desk to get it corrected. Folks were friendly and helpful but it should not take 3 trips to fix what appeared to be a simple issue.
7. Slots were seriously tight. Don't laugh - we never "win" but have always been able to at least enjoy playing without the machines just sucking up the money with little to no return.
8. At one point every hot chocolate machine on the ship was not working. Walked with a crew member to each one to confirm - no one seemed to know how to get any of them back on line?????
We have now been on 14 Carnival cruises and have enjoyed all with the exception of the latest. Frankly if this had been our first Carnival cruise I am not certain we would consider Carnival again. I know Carnival is better than this - they have proven it in the past.
Again - not looking for any freebees - just wanted to pass along the info from our perspective. Management can't fix problems if they aren't aware of them
Oct 2002 Jubilee
Apr 2004 Celebration
Apr 2005 Celebration
Oct 2006 Conquest
Apr 2007 Ecstasy
Oct 2007 Ecstasy
Dec 2007 Conquest
Apr 2008 Legend
Oct 2008 Sensation
May 2009 Freedom
Dec 2009 Conquest
May 2010 Oasis of the Seas
Aug 2010 Ecstasy
Feb 2011 Ecstasy
Aug 2011 Dream
Feb 2012 Triumph