Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old December 18th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Clo O'Connor - Explorer of the Seas

We have just returned from a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas and the highlight of our entire week was the Cruise Director, Clo O'Connor. After 82 RCCL voyages we thought we had seen every Cruise Director they had but this lady is incredible. We have never seen a Cruise Director as good and look forward to sailing with Clo again in 2005.

Karen and Bob

Last edited by Sail With Me; December 18th, 2004 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Best Cruise Director

Old December 18th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default We agree

We loved Clo when she was on the Brilliance.

Karen By the way, I sent you an email. Did you get it?
Denice

Last edited by ricko1; December 18th, 2004 at 07:52 PM.

Old December 18th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks ric01 I was trying to figure out which ship we had her on... Brilliance it was LOVED her... Her and Jeff Arpin (SP?)who is now retired, have to be my favorite cruise directors ever
NCL Sun 2004; RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2003; Carnival Spirit 2003; RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2002; RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2002; Disney Wonder May & Dec 2001; Disney Magic 2001; RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2000; Disney Magic 1999; Disney Wonder 1999; Carnival Ecstasy 1999; NCL Norway 1998; Carnival Fantasy 1998; NCL Leeward 1997; Commodore Caribe I 1986

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Rick and Denice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko1
We loved Clo when she was on the Brilliance.

Karen By the way, I sent you an email. Did you get it?
Denice
Denice,

No, I did not receive your E-Mail. Did you send it to me at karenjburnham@hotmail.com? That is the current E-Mail address. We cancelled our Radiance voyage for personal reasons and then at the last minute found out we could sail. We found that the Explorer was sailing the same day from Miami and so we decided that we would try that ship for a change. We did not post on Cruise Critic but let Cathy Koenig know. We had some issues with Kent and thought it best not to sail on the Radiance.
Sorry. If you were able to get the coffee and want me to pay for it, please let me know. We hope to catchthe two of you on another voyage so please let usknow what your cruising plans are.

We are cruising on the Celebrity Galaxy from December 30-January 10. We loved Holland America and are booked on three of their ships for 2005 as well as RCCL.

Karen and Bob

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

I returned from Explorer on 5th December and thought Clo was absolutely brilliant, she is one of the few cruise directors who actually appear to like their jobs and she is one of the few I can remember their name.

I hope RCL understands and appreciates what a gem they have

RADIANCE OTS 2002 HAWAII REPOSITIONING
EXPLORER OTS 2004 EASTERN CARIBBEAN
ADVENTURE OTS 2005 SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
TAHITIAN PRINCESS 2006 SOUTH PACIFIC
CROWN PRINCESS 2007 FROM NEW YORK TO SAN JUAN (B2B WITH
CROWN PRINCESS 2007 SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
CARNIVAL DESTINY 2008 EASTERN CARIBBEAN
FREEDOM OTS 2008 WESTERN CARRIBEAN
INDEPENDENCE OTS TRANSATLANTIC 2009
CARNIVAL LEGEND APRIL 2010 WESTERN CARRUBEAN

FUTURE CRUISES

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Denise,

When do you cruise next? We have booked a cruise for the end of 2005 and we have a european trip in May of 2005, land only. Hope all is well with you and Rick. Enjoyed our last day of Bingo together, even though we didn't win the big moola. Oh well maybe next time. I have not heard a thing from Pam, I am a little concerned. Hope all is well with her. I have emailed her directly and through the roll call meet and mingle for 12/5 and nothing. Maybe she is just deep into finally doing Christmas. I know I am. Take care and happy holidays to you and your family.
Happy Cruisin'
Cathy

Cathy and Ron Koenig
Atime2travel

'04 Radiance of the Seas, Caribbean
'05 Serenade of The Sea, Hawaii
'06 Vision of The Seas, Mexican Rivera
'06 Millennium, Mediterrean Venice to Barcelona AWESOME CRUISE!!
'07 Monarch of the Seas, Baja Family Cruise with 14 people
'07 Adventure of the Seas, Southern Caribbean
'08 Celebrity Millennium, Northbound to Alaska
'08 Viking River Cruise of Christmas Markets
'09 Carnival Dream Innaugural
'09 AMA River Cruise Prague to Budapest
'10 Carnival Splendor Mexico
'10 Celebrity Millennium Southbound Alaska
'11 Liberty of The Seas, Caribbean
'12 Celebrity Solstice, Mediterrean Barcelona RT
/12 AMA Christmas Markets River Cruise
'13 Viking Rhine River Cruise
'13 Yangtze River Cruise during 24 day China, Tibet, HongKong Tour
'14 Carnival Mexico Cruise
'14 Holland America ms Westerdam Alaska
'14 Pacific Princess, Tahiti and Marquesas

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Karen and Bob -Gail and I also unexpectedly had the privelage to sail on the Explorer instead of the Radiance 12/5. All I could say is YO CLO-she was great-how about the Newlywed game-Oh yeah we did get Mojitas at the Solarium Bar they were good-harry and Gail

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:52 PM
5,000+ Club

We had Clo on the Explorer last October. She was great. The Newlygame had parents as one couple and their DD and SIL as another couple, it was a riot!

Island Princess (2), Cunard Princess, Festival, Starward, Nieuw Amsterdam (3), Pacific Princess, Costa Riviera, Regent Sea, Bermuda Star, Queen of Bermuda, Southward, Enchanted Isle, Regent Sun (3), Fair Princess, Tropical, Regent Star (2), Nordic Prince, Celebration, Song of Norway, Westerdam, Song of America (2), Viking Serenade (2), Rhapsody of the Seas (5), Radiance of the Seas (7), Vision of the Seas (8), Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Sun, Mercury, Explorer of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas (5), Sun Princess, Mariner of the Seas (2), Golden Princess (2), Liberty of the Seas, Oosterdam (2), Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Star, Carnival Spirit, Jewel of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Solstice (2).

Old December 19th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkoe1
Hi Denise,

When do you cruise next? We have booked a cruise for the end of 2005 and we have a european trip in May of 2005, land only. Hope all is well with you and Rick. Enjoyed our last day of Bingo together, even though we didn't win the big moola. Oh well maybe next time. I have not heard a thing from Pam, I am a little concerned. Hope all is well with her. I have emailed her directly and through the roll call meet and mingle for 12/5 and nothing. Maybe she is just deep into finally doing Christmas. I know I am. Take care and happy holidays to you and your family.
Happy Cruisin'
Cathy
Looks like you are all over the boards like us. What cruise are you going on next year? We are booked on the 2 December Brilliance Panama Canal. We loved the Brilliance and are looking forward to sailing her again. A couple that we met on the 28 November have booked it as well. We met them on Cruise Critic first. Isn't it great to make friends from this board?
If you do hear from Pam please let us know if everything is ok. You are right she is probably very busy with Christmas.
Happy Holidays to you and your family also.
Denice and Rick