Alcohol on board??

aostrows

Well, maybe it's time for a serious reply.

Celebrity rules about liquor have conflicts. In one place, they say you can't bring liquor aboard. In another place, they say there is a corkage fee for bringing your own wine to the dining room for enjoyment with dinner.

We have taken liquor on board at embarkation in our carryon and in checked luggage with no problems. We have taken duty-free liquor to our cabin in a totebag and in a liquor cardboard package at ports of call. At the duty-free ports, they might take your liquor when reboarding and bring it to your cabin on the last night of the cruise. All carryon stuff goes through an Xray machine at any port.

I have never been able to purchase liquor in the ship store and carry it back to the cabin. However, others on this board have done this with no problem.

Les

Some "lovely mystery" person sent a bon voyage basket to us on our cruise in November through a local liquor shop and it was delivered to our cabin with no questions asked. It contained our "usual" liquors and mixers along with enough snacks to make it look legit. Our cabin attendant got the hint and kept us well supplied with ice. Problem solved at a fair price.

Here's what I can tell you first hand that I know of. But it ONLY relates to wine and such. Was on the 12/12 Millie cruise. We enjoy wine trememdously and love trying different bottles. I also love port. So for our cruise we brought with us 2 bottles of champagne, 1 bottle of port and about 5 bottles of wine. All in one suitcase, wrapped in bubble wrap. Sent it on the ship with our checked bags, and there it was - waiting at our stateroom with the rest of our luggage. No questions, no issues, no hiding it.

We did pay corkage each night. We also shared the bottles with our table mates, as well as purchased some at the table. You can not bring the the wine to the Olympic restaurant, but we had a wonderful Shiraz there.

The Champagne was also brought to the dining room, and our sommilier even enjoyed sampling some of what we brought.

That said, I have no idea what would happen with hard liquor such as Vodka or Rum.

Newt.......you make me LOL!!!!!!! I'm sitting here - all alone -- getting ready for cocktail hour and laughing -- heck, maybe I should pour a little libation now!!!!!! LOLOLOL This has to be the "most asked" question on this board!!!!!! Cheers!!!

aostrows,I will tell you what I have done in the past so I could have a drink in the room when I wanted to. First I took some in my carry on luggage in a plastic bottle. When I was in St. Thomas I bought some rum and put it in a water bottle and had it on my backpack and not a thing was said. If they had told me to take a swoller I would have been glad to. If you take brown liquor back we have put it in a green tea bottle. Also get your mixers on shore and our cabin steward would keep us with plenty of ice. I have seen some ships that will take your liquor and hold it to the end of your cruise. We have also given what we had left over at the end of the cruise to the cabin steward and they were glad to get it.Sometime you have to do what you have to do! Good sailing.

I always learn something good here....then corrupt it a bit. I like to call this weeks lesson "Capt Dave's rolling liquor cabinet".

http://www.bagselect.com/search.cfm?manufacturer=Zuca&product_type=Urban+Gear&applicationname=Urban+Packs&x=37&y=11&source=zucaadwords

Had to have it!

Y'all have a jolly one,

David

Archived