PG for Honeymoon??

ellie424

Is the PG a good choice for honeymooners?? At the time we get married, I will be 26 and my fiance will be 27. Are there other young couples onboard? Is there a lot to do at night in regards to entertainment, listening to bands, etc? Thanks in advance! :)

You can read back through the posts and probably note that the entertainment on the PG is not like most cruise ships. It is very limited. Siglo frequently is the band on board and I think they do a great job. Les Gaugins is the group of polynesian ladies who entertain and act as hostesses on board. Usually they have a piano player too. The PG is mostly about the location and for that reason I only wish I had known about Tahiti when I got married because I think it is a great choice for a honeymoon if you can afford it. There have been newlyweds on all four of our trips on the PG and they seemed to like it.

The PG is not a party boat so if that is important to you, you most likely will be disappointed. Most nights end early, because most people get up early for the excursions.

For additional romance, you can begin your trip with a couple of days at a resort on Bora Bora or Ta'haa.

Ellie,

Congrats!

I will be in the exact same age range when my fiance and I get married, this September

We are also from NY. We are booked on the October 2 2010, 10 night cruise.

I have been reading alot about it...All good. There will be an older crowd, but alos a mix of our age too. I think it will be great and once in a life time opportunity for a Honeymoon.

Which one are you thinking about?

Nick

Thanks so much for your responses! My fiance and I aren't partiers..we're pretty low key...but we do like watching a show or seeing a band play at night. We would also like to do a little dancing too. I'm sure that the amount of entertainment will be fine for us...especially considering we will probably be exhausted from swimming and being in the sun during the day. :D

Ellie,

Congrats!

I will be in the exact same age range when my fiance and I get married, this September

We are also from NY. We are booked on the October 2 2010, 10 night cruise.

I have been reading alot about it...All good. There will be an older crowd, but alos a mix of our age too. I think it will be great and once in a life time opportunity for a Honeymoon.

Which one are you thinking about?

Nick

Congrats to you too Nick!! We haven't booked our cruise yet because we are getting married in May 2011 and the May/June 2011 itineraries haven't been released yet (except for early May..but our wedding isn't until the end of May). We are anxiously waiting because we really want to see what kind of itineraries fall around our wedding. We would LOVE to go on one of their cruises that are longer than 7 nights -- your 10 night cruise is ideal! I'm really hoping we will have longer cruises than 7 nights to choose from. Are you going on your honeymoon immediately after your wedding?? Or are you waiting for a few weeks after your wedding to get the itinerary you wanted? Are you doing a pre-cruise stay?? We're thinking of staying in an overwater bungalow on Moorea for a couple of nights pre-cruise. I think those overwater bungalows are the absolutely perfect for a honeymoon!!! :D

Hi Ellie,

We aren't partiers either, but we do enjoy a drink here and there. I think this cruise sounds perfect for your honeymoon.

We are going on our honeymoon right after our wedding. we are staying in a over water bungalow in Papeete for 2 nights. (we should of picked moorea, maybe i will chnage it. Staying in one of these i think is a perfect to start out a honeymoon too.:D

I can't wait to go. I already getting excited...haha.

You can probally get a good idea on what is around that time in 2011, by checking this year around that time. just a thought.

It's to travel all the way from New York to tahiti for only 7 nights...IMO.

Wow, what a small world guys. My fiance and I are also looking into doing the cruise for our wedding in July 2010. We are from NJ and we are 25/26.

Go Blue, we are also doing two nights in the water bungalows. We'd love to do more nights, but they're so expensive.

It's nice to see that more people in our age range are interested in the PG. I just hope that the quality of the cruise doesn't change because of the new management.

Congrats to all the newly weds-to-be!!! 2010 looks like the year of LOVE. =)

We are doing a July cruise on PG for our honeymoon (11 nights, I think) with a pre-cruise stay in an over water bungalow on Moorea at the Sofitel. We're in our early 30s. I read more positive reviews of stays in Moorea than Papeete and some friends gave wonderful reviews of Moorea. Our neighbors sailed on the PG for their honeymoon this past summer and they loved it. They are in their late 20s. Very glad I convinved them to do it! We have enjoyed looking at their photos. Needless to say - I think it will be a fabulous honeymoon!

• 4 weeks later...
We are doing a July cruise on PG for our honeymoon (11 nights, I think) with a pre-cruise stay in an over water bungalow on Moorea at the Sofitel. We're in our early 30s. I read more positive reviews of stays in Moorea than Papeete and some friends gave wonderful reviews of Moorea. Our neighbors sailed on the PG for their honeymoon this past summer and they loved it. They are in their late 20s. Very glad I convinved them to do it! We have enjoyed looking at their photos. Needless to say - I think it will be a fabulous honeymoon!

I think the Sofitel on Moorea looks gorgeous!!! We will most likely choose that hotel for our pre-cruise overwater bungalow stay. We are also considering the Hilton on Moorea; however, we will most likely choose the Sofitel! ;)

I can't wait for PG to release their late May/June 2011 itineraries!! :rolleyes:

Hi Ellie,

We aren't partiers either, but we do enjoy a drink here and there. I think this cruise sounds perfect for your honeymoon.

We are going on our honeymoon right after our wedding. we are staying in a over water bungalow in Papeete for 2 nights. (we should of picked moorea, maybe i will chnage it. Staying in one of these i think is a perfect to start out a honeymoon too.:D

I can't wait to go. I already getting excited...haha.

You can probally get a good idea on what is around that time in 2011, by checking this year around that time. just a thought.

It's to travel all the way from New York to tahiti for only 7 nights...IMO.

I definitely agree that FP is too far to travel from NY for only 7 nights. If the 7 night itineraries are the only option around our honeymoon, then we will likely stay additional nights on land.

Congrats to everyone getting married soon!! Please come back after your honeymoons to report on how the cruise was! My wedding isn't until May 2011, so I would love to hear feedback from fellow honeymooners! ;)

Archived