Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Silversea Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Silversea Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!
Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Old December 26th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Silversea's Italian Heritage?

I have cruised Celebrity, Crystal and RSSC and my TA is now urging me to try Silversea. I've done some online research and discovered a July, 2004 Silversea press release which contained the following:

"The award-winning cruise line, owned by the Lefebvre family of Rome, is widely recognized as an innovative leader in elite luxury cruising in North America and the United Kingdom. With strategic guidance from its new communications partner, the line is looking to broaden awareness of Silversea as a luxury-cruise leader with a distinctive Italian heritage, a factor the line considers especially important for building its presence in the European, Far East and Australian markets."

Actually, I was not aware that Silversea is an Italian line and I was wondering if some Silversea regulars could give me their "take" on this "re-branding" effort and how it might affect a North American passenger's cruise experience (if at all).

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 26th, 2004, 08:49 PM
10,000+ Club

don't worry. you will feel completely at home. silversea knows how to cater to americans very well.

Old December 27th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wripro
don't worry. you will feel completely at home. silversea knows how to cater to americans very well.
Also, Silversea is based in Florida. A majority of its passengers are from the U.S. and Canada, and the cruise experience is geared to guests who speak English (whether as a first or a second language). For that matter, most of the food is flown in from the U.S., and you can even request peanut butter if you want it. :-)

My wife and I have been on two Silversea cruises: The passengers on the Mediterranean cruise were about 50% American, while the guests on the Copenhagen-to-London "Scotland's Tattoo" cruise were mostly from the United States.