3 night Sensation: What to Expect

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:04 PM.
Connecticut
212 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Hello!
This is my first time on Carnival, we are going with a group of 7 girls for the weekend and wondering what to expect. Is there any kind of formal night or night we need to dress up so we are all prepared and bring the right clothes? I've only been on a week long cruise, so not sure how the 3 night-ers work. Needless to say, I am looking forward to it!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruise Critic Group Cruise... Oasis of the Seas!!!
http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=198
Daytona Beach
4,849 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
The Sensation is a great ship. Recently refurbished with an excellent crew. Yes, you will have a "cruise elegant" night during which most folks will dress up. It is the second night on a 3-day cruise. Enjoy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fantasy 8/04
Miracle 6/06
Celebration 5/07
Liberty 5/08
Inspiration 9/08
Glory 5/09
Sensation 7/09
Sensation 10/09
Fascination 5/10
Inspiration 6/10
Dream 5/11
Ecstasy 12/11

Spirit 6/12
Freedom 5/13
Sensation 7/13
Ecstasy 12/13
Sensation 5/14
Breeze 5/15
Victory 6/15
Sensation 2/16
Victory 5/16
Victory 9/16
Valor 12/16
Liberty 05/17
phila, pa
51,760 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Whatever you do= do NOT compare a 3 day cruise with a 7 day one as they are in no way comparable.
3 day cruises are more party ships then a 7 day one.
people hurrying to sqeeze as much into that 3 day cruise as they would a 7 day cruise.

You still will have the shows at night- the formal nights are not as "formal" as the 7 day ones.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up-- Disney WOrld Dec 5, 2016 Carnival Vista- February 2017 Disney WOrld May 7, 2017 Disney World 8/17

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2,739 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by serene56
Whatever you do= do NOT compare a 3 day cruise with a 7 day one as they are in no way comparable.
3 day cruises are more party ships then a 7 day one.
people hurrying to sqeeze as much into that 3 day cruise as they would a 7 day cruise.

You still will have the shows at night- the formal nights are not as "formal" as the 7 day ones.

Its because they have been eliminated fleetwide.New dress codes,even dress shorts are now allowed in the dining room.Consult the website for the new codes and new night descriptions.

Steve
Connecticut
212 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Now that we are getting closer, I am trying to find the dress code for the formal night online but I can't. We will all probably bring cocktail-y type dresses we would wear to a wedding. Will we be out of place with this? Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruise Critic Group Cruise... Oasis of the Seas!!!
http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=198
502 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by soxfan7
Now that we are getting closer, I am trying to find the dress code for the formal night online but I can't. We will all probably bring cocktail-y type dresses we would wear to a wedding. Will we be out of place with this? Thanks!
"Formal night" is a thing of the past. Now they have "cruise elegant" night and here is the dress code:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCI Freedom of the Seas, W. Mediterranean, August 2017
Carnival Destiny, W. Caribbean, April 2010
Carnival Valor, W. Caribbean, April 2009 Review
NCL Spirit, Alaska, August 2005
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, E. Caribbean, May 2002
The Woodlands, TX
2,951 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by soxfan7

You won't be out of place at all. A lot of us like dressing up and looking decent on "elegant" night.