Where does Carnival dock in Key West?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:01 PM.
#2
Tampa
1,513 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by sharona211
Is there one particular area or dock that Carnival uses in Key West? Thanks in advance.
2 docks are used.

The Westin Pier and Naval Annex pier. I will dig up a map. Just a sec.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor: 11/2016
Carnival Fantasy: 10/2016
Carnival Magic: 4/2016
Carnival Sunshine: 10/2015
Carnival Pride: 3/2015
Carnival Ecstasy: 9/2012
Carnival Destiny: 9/2011
Carnival Imagination: 8/2011
Carnival Sensation: 3/2011
Carnival Inspiration: 11/2010
RCCL Monarch of the Seas: 10/2009
Carnival Destiny: 5/2009
Carnival Inspiration: 5/2008
Carnival Inspiration: 12/2007
Carnival Imagination: 9/2007
Carnival Liberty: 5/2007
Carnival Inspiration: 10/2005
RCCL Majesty of the Seas: 7/2002
Premier Atlantic: 7/1990
Premier Oceanic: 7/1988
#3
Fredericton
856 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
When I was on the Imagination (Dec/08) we docked at the navel port. They had a conch train that took you to downtown and gave you a ittle briefing and pointed out landmarks along the way.

Charleyann
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My son Jacob with the Valor....



2013 December Hawaii 15 day Cruise aboard Carnival Miracle.
2013 March break aboard Carnival Glory
2012 Christmas cruise on Freedom of the Seas
2012 Disney Fantasy
2012 carnival Freedom March break
2011 Disney Dream (December)
2011/12 Glory New Year's Cruise B2B
2011 Glory Christmas Cruise
2011 Destiny March Break
2011 Destiny Jan. 6th
2011 B2B Destiny Jan. 1st
2010 Miracle Dec 21st, Christmas cruise
2010 March break -Imagination
2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Imagination
#4
Tampa
1,513 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Go here:

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west...cruise-map.jpg

Carnival uses the Westin Pier and Navy Mole Pier. The Navy pier will require passengers to be transported from the ship to town and back via trolley. You get dropped off & picked up at the Old Town Trolley ticket booth area.

This site typically shows which pier your ship will dock at:
http://www.cruisett.com/ports.php
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor: 11/2016
Carnival Fantasy: 10/2016
Carnival Magic: 4/2016
Carnival Sunshine: 10/2015
Carnival Pride: 3/2015
Carnival Ecstasy: 9/2012
Carnival Destiny: 9/2011
Carnival Imagination: 8/2011
Carnival Sensation: 3/2011
Carnival Inspiration: 11/2010
RCCL Monarch of the Seas: 10/2009
Carnival Destiny: 5/2009
Carnival Inspiration: 5/2008
Carnival Inspiration: 12/2007
Carnival Imagination: 9/2007
Carnival Liberty: 5/2007
Carnival Inspiration: 10/2005
RCCL Majesty of the Seas: 7/2002
Premier Atlantic: 7/1990
Premier Oceanic: 7/1988
#5
New England
162 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks tbjl24 - you're alright for a Rays fan! We'll be in Key West on the Destiny on Friday 3/5. According to that website you linked, the Destiny will be the only ship in port that day. Not sure if that makes a difference with where we will dock. I'm just trying to check travel times for our parasailing excursion that we're booking independently. Want to make sure we have time for some shopping afterwards. The place we're booking is 1 block off of Duval so I think we should be ok! Looks like everything we want to see/do is near the docks that are used. Again - thanks for your help.
#6
Tampa
1,513 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by sharona211
Thanks tbjl24 - you're alright for a Rays fan! We'll be in Key West on the Destiny on Friday 3/5. According to that website you linked, the Destiny will be the only ship in port that day. Not sure if that makes a difference with where we will dock. I'm just trying to check travel times for our parasailing excursion that we're booking independently. Want to make sure we have time for some shopping afterwards. The place we're booking is 1 block off of Duval so I think we should be ok! Looks like everything we want to see/do is near the docks that are used. Again - thanks for your help.
Thanks! I am assuming a Sox fan? At least we have a common hatred of the evil empire!

This is another cool site:
http://www.keywestcity.com/departmen...asp?fDD=13-192

Your ship will be at the Westin Pier, based on the calendar.
B = Westin Pier
OM = Outer Mole
M = Mallory Square( I think only Royal and Celebrity dock here)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
Carnival Valor: 11/2016
Carnival Fantasy: 10/2016
Carnival Magic: 4/2016
Carnival Sunshine: 10/2015
Carnival Pride: 3/2015
Carnival Ecstasy: 9/2012
Carnival Destiny: 9/2011
Carnival Imagination: 8/2011
Carnival Sensation: 3/2011
Carnival Inspiration: 11/2010
RCCL Monarch of the Seas: 10/2009
Carnival Destiny: 5/2009
Carnival Inspiration: 5/2008
Carnival Inspiration: 12/2007
Carnival Imagination: 9/2007
Carnival Liberty: 5/2007
Carnival Inspiration: 10/2005
RCCL Majesty of the Seas: 7/2002
Premier Atlantic: 7/1990
Premier Oceanic: 7/1988
#8
Dallas, Texas
291 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by tbjl24
Go here:

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west...cruise-map.jpg

Carnival uses the Westin Pier and Navy Mole Pier. The Navy pier will require passengers to be transported from the ship to town and back via trolley. You get dropped off & picked up at the Old Town Trolley ticket booth area.

This site typically shows which pier your ship will dock at:
http://www.cruisett.com/ports.php
I will be on the Conquest docking in Key West on 05/21/2010 and I looked at the website to see which pier we would dock at and I couldn't find the port other than Port of Key West?? I must be missing something? Please advise....
#10
3,164 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Originally posted by tk22
I will be on the Conquest docking in Key West on 05/21/2010 and I looked at the website to see which pier we would dock at and I couldn't find the port other than Port of Key West?? I must be missing something? Please advise....
Looks like Conquest will be docking at pier B, aka the Westin dock. You will be the only ship in port according to the the below website. BTW, I hate the term "please advise"

http://www.keywestcity.com/egov/docs...574_877960.htm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#11
in the midwest
2,604 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I was in Key West for 2 weeks at Christmas. The ships are close to everything. It's an easy walk to the major sites and there are trolley tours that show you most everything in old Key West. I've been there on a cruise ship too. It's a great city to party in, see museums and historic houses, or to find keepsakes. We just love it.
#12
Dallas, Texas
291 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by gatour
Looks like Conquest will be docking at pier B, aka the Westin dock. You will be the only ship in port according to the the below website. BTW, I hate the term "please advise"

http://www.keywestcity.com/egov/docs...574_877960.htm
Thanks. My apologies, didn't mean to offend; although I really don't understand why.
#13
7,177 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by tk22
Thanks. My apologies, didn't mean to offend; although I really don't understand why.
I was wondering about that myself. Must be a new PC offense.
#14
2,899 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Traveler353
I was wondering about that myself. Must be a new PC offense.
Actually, after seeing some of Mr. I'm Offended's other posts, that person doesn't seem very happy. On one thread someone was saying they are excited about their upcoming cruise and that person's response was "so what" - soooooooooooooooooo, there ya go.