Oasis Secrets...shhhhh

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

#1
Atlanta - GA
913 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Ok.

Just got off the ship and felt compelled to write about this. LOL ..now I am stealing secrets...I didn't discover these but I thought I would put them all together....

Aft Deck 11 and 12....Go to the end of the hallway...either side...and you will get to the decks above the aqua class suites....AMAZING views and always EMPTY!!!!!

BOW Deck 14...Go LEFT young man...and then right when you hit the stateroom hallway....you will get to the front deck that spans the entire ship above both sides of the bridge. Amazing views and not crowded until Tuesday when the people in the solarium figure out how to get there. hehehehe GO GO GO.

Beef on Weck...Park Cafe...talked much here..but I have to add my OMG OMG OMG I ate at least a dozen over the week...OMG OMG...Heaven on a plate.

If you are an adult male...and self conscious...go at 5pm to the Carousel..No one is there and you can take a spin without anyone seeing you...trust me..secretly inside...you will be happy. Pick a nice horse and enjoy the ride.

Don't miss the pretzel dogs in the cafe by the flowriders....mushy inside ...pretzely outside and the dog is perfectly cooked.

Ask if REBECCA is in the ICE SHOW doing her Sand paintings. You will cry or at least be in total awe. I was close to her during the show and could see her hands....I did not believe my eyes....WOW WOW WOW

Art.....I got sucked into the moment. I can't believe I did...I bought a PETRI DISH...If you are not sure...wait during the week as for my cruise....there were plenty of Petri dishes....even though I was told they were lucky to get 10 a week...if that...and that they would sell out quickly....maybe that does happen...but not on my cruise....they were nice of course....If you want to know about the Petri Dishes...go into the PORT Hallway into the Casino. Amazing.... By the way..FIND SOME FRIENDS and buy more than one and get a BIG discount!!!! Then split them up and write whoever bought them for your group a check...save tons of money.

Viking Crown is not to be missed...Ask for Gabriella before you sit and order a Choclatini. You will thank me later. Tell her to make it the way she likes it... by the way...the VC lounge runs 3 specials during the week. the best is the buy one get one free martini night....mmmmmmmm

Johnnie Rockets made to order eggs...Ask for Homer ....and ask for whatever you want for breakfast...they will figure it out if they have the ingredients...
NEVER crowded and your breakfast will be served piping hot!!!!!

we had a ton of kids...so smart they are as I give them credit for figuring this trick...evidently if you are on level 3....the DOWN button has priority...SO if you want to go UP...press down....get on the elevator...and then press your HIGHER Floor number...and VOILA' you immediately go up and laugh at the people you left behind.

More to come later. I have to take a nap.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<CENTER><!-- Begin of mycountdown.org script -->
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://mycountdown.org/countdown.php?cp3_Hex=0F0200&cp2_Hex=05BAA2&cp1_He x=0C0C0C&ham=0&img=-1&hbg=0&hfg=0&sid=0&fwdt=150&lab=1&text1=Millenniu m To Hawaii&text2=One Way to Paradise!&group=My Countdown&countdown=Vacation&widget_number=3015&ev ent_time=1350950100&timezone=America/New_York"></SCRIPT>
<!-- End of mycountdown.org script -->

</CENTER>
#2
The Berkshires Of MA
11,315 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by ken987
Ok.

Just got off the ship and felt compelled to write about this. LOL ..now I am stealing secrets...I didn't discover these but I thought I would put them all together....

Aft Deck 11 and 12....Go to the end of the hallway...either side...and you will get to the decks above the aqua class suites....AMAZING views and always EMPTY!!!!!

BOW Deck 14...Go LEFT young man...and then right when you hit the stateroom hallway....you will get to the front deck that spans the entire ship above both sides of the bridge. Amazing views and not crowded until Tuesday when the people in the solarium figure out how to get there. hehehehe GO GO GO.

Beef on Weck...Park Cafe...talked much here..but I have to add my OMG OMG OMG I ate at least a dozen over the week...OMG OMG...Heaven on a plate.

If you are an adult male...and self conscious...go at 5pm to the Carousel..No one is there and you can take a spin without anyone seeing you...trust me..secretly inside...you will be happy. Pick a nice horse and enjoy the ride.

Don't miss the pretzel dogs in the cafe by the flowriders....mushy inside ...pretzely outside and the dog is perfectly cooked.

Ask if REBECCA is in the ICE SHOW doing her Sand paintings. You will cry or at least be in total awe. I was close to her during the show and could see her hands....I did not believe my eyes....WOW WOW WOW

Art.....I got sucked into the moment. I can't believe I did...I bought a PETRI DISH...If you are not sure...wait during the week as for my cruise....there were plenty of Petri dishes....even though I was told they were lucky to get 10 a week...if that...and that they would sell out quickly....maybe that does happen...but not on my cruise....they were nice of course....If you want to know about the Petri Dishes...go into the PORT Hallway into the Casino. Amazing.... By the way..FIND SOME FRIENDS and buy more than one and get a BIG discount!!!! Then split them up and write whoever bought them for your group a check...save tons of money.

Viking Crown is not to be missed...Ask for Gabriella before you sit and order a Choclatini. You will thank me later. Tell her to make it the way she likes it... by the way...the VC lounge runs 3 specials during the week. the best is the buy one get one free martini night....mmmmmmmm

Johnnie Rockets made to order eggs...Ask for Homer ....and ask for whatever you want for breakfast...they will figure it out if they have the ingredients...
NEVER crowded and your breakfast will be served piping hot!!!!!

we had a ton of kids...so smart they are as I give them credit for figuring this trick...evidently if you are on level 3....the DOWN button has priority...SO if you want to go UP...press down....get on the elevator...and then press your HIGHER Floor number...and VOILA' you immediately go up and laugh at the people you left behind.

More to come later. I have to take a nap.

Such great tips! We are on deck three and I do LOVE martini's. Have save this for our cruise in October.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#3
Pittsburgh, PA
3,019 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Thanks Ken.

We'll be onboard next January. Hopefully everyone will have forgottern your hints by then and THIS 5-ish old man can remember them.


Thanks again,
Another Ken

#4
Cincinnati, OH
1,905 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Some hints I picked up on cc before I went and some I found while on the ship. Happy to Share!

There is a bagpiper on the heliport during each sailaway. He can also be seen various times on the Promenade and Central Park.

The Works at Johnny Rockets is the best breakfast ever.

Special section in the MDR for breakfast for Diamond & Diamond + members.

St Thomas docks at Crown Bay.

Nightclub in Solarium

Forward Pool Deck - Beach Pool.

Park Cafe - Breakfast and lunch - no charge (must try roast beef and made to order salads)

Solarium Resturant - Breakfast & Lunch no charge - Great Gazpacho soup

Cupcake Cupboard - $2.50 for cupcake - coconut to die for!

Boardwalk Bar - cordogs and sandwiches - no charge

Mondo Cafe - sandwiches, great cheesecake - food no charge, coffe charge.

Promenade Cafe - great cinnamon crumble coffee cake!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
JUDY O

Cruise #42 - Carnival Glory - Bloggers 10 - 2-4-17
Cruise #41 - Allure of the Seas - 2-21-16
Cruise #40 - Carnival Freedom - 6-22-14
Cruise #39 - NCL Getaway 2-14
Cruise #38 - Norwegian Star - 2-5-12
Cruise #37 - Oasis of the Seas - 2/2010
#5
Genoa, NV U.S.A.
136 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Thanks so much for sharing! Even though all of us CC members will know about them, I'm sure there will be thousands on each cruise that will not know!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



__________________

2009 - Radiance of the Seas -South America
2007 - Emerald Princess -Mediterranean
2004 - Carnival Conquest -Western Caribbean
2003 - Star Princess -Mexican Riviera
2001 - Voyager of the Seas -Western Caribbean
1999 - Carnival Triumph -Southern Caribbean
1997 - Holland America - Eastern Caribbean
1992 - Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera



#7
Virginia Beach, VA
1,034 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Awesome! Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISE:


PAST CRUISES:
RCI-Brilliance of the Seas, 2011
RCI-Oasis of the Seas, 2010
RCI-Liberty of the Seas, 2009
Disney Magic, 2007
Disney Magic, 2005
Disney Magic, 1999
RCI-Majesty of the Seas, 1996
Carnival Cruise Lines, 1993
Greek Islands Cruise, 1983
RCI-Song of Norway, 1978
#8
301 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by Leesbrug Land
What is a "Petri Dish"
You didn't take high school biology? It's a piece of lab glassware for growing micro-organisms.


(... possibly not what the OP meant ... )
#9
14 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks for the tips ill be sure to check out deck 14 and hit down on deck 3 after the skating show
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
............O0o.
................_\\____
......\\_____\\\\\\\\\______ _________\\_
....../00000000000000000000000000000000000\
...../0000000=OASIS OF THE SEAS=00000000000\
l----------------------------------------------------/
\============APRIL 10 2010=================/
.l___________________________________________/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


____________________ADAM LAVALLEY____________________

#10
Atlanta - GA
913 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by asdfasdfasdffdsa
You didn't take high school biology? It's a piece of lab glassware for growing micro-organisms.


(... possibly not what the OP meant ... )

It's exactly what I meant

The artist creates art using highly toxic resin. They look like what grows in a petri dish..


Ken
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<CENTER><!-- Begin of mycountdown.org script -->
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://mycountdown.org/countdown.php?cp3_Hex=0F0200&cp2_Hex=05BAA2&cp1_He x=0C0C0C&ham=0&img=-1&hbg=0&hfg=0&sid=0&fwdt=150&lab=1&text1=Millenniu m To Hawaii&text2=One Way to Paradise!&group=My Countdown&countdown=Vacation&widget_number=3015&ev ent_time=1350950100&timezone=America/New_York"></SCRIPT>
<!-- End of mycountdown.org script -->

</CENTER>
#11
West Virginia
4,451 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I hope to have the list memorized by our cruise - just over a year away... :/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michele



Jewel of the Seas, 7 Nights, Southern Itinerary, 9 April 2017
Freedom of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 3 July 2016
Oasis of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 8 February 2014
Liberty of the Seas, 5 Nights, Western Itinerary, 19 November 2012
Monarch of the Seas, 4 Nights, Bahamas Itinerary, 30 July 2012 - REVIEW
Allure of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 12 February 2012 - Pictorial REVIEW
Allure of the Seas, 7 Nights, Eastern Itinerary, 27 March 2011 - Pictorial REVIEW
Freedom of the Seas, 7 Nights, Eastern Itinerary, 3 January 2010 - Pictorial REVIEW (REVIEW without photos)
Mariner of the Seas, 7 Nights, Western Itinerary, 25 February 2007 - REVIEW
#12
East Coast,Florida
362 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Thanks.. Great tips...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Epic 4/2017
RC Independence of the Seas 10/2015
Carnival Conquest 8/2014
Caribbean Princess 6/2014
Crown Princess 12/2013
Grand Princess 12/2012
Grand Princess 3/2012
Princess Sapphire 4/2011
Celebrity Summit 11/2010
RC Oasis of the Seas 3/2010
Princess Sapphire 12/2009
Celebrity Summit 4/2009
RC Freedom of the Seas 8/2008
Carnival Imagination 8/2007
Carnival Triumph 4/2007
#14
Ottawa, On, Cda./Naples, Fl. USA
6,076 Posts
Joined May 2004
Thanks for sharing! I think I will pass on the Petri dishes.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tomko2 D+
Live, Laugh & Love.
#15
Virginia
68 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Thanks Ken for posting all the "secrets"!! I am loving the martini night!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Freedom 11/2011
NCL Epic 09/2010
#16
Sint Maarten
200 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
ken, was that you in front of the stage at the 70s party, in the royal promenade, I wasnt there but I saw the rerun on the ship tv, and it looked like you were jammin out in a hawaiin shirt
#17
Fairfield, Ohio
6,803 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by ken987
It's exactly what I meant

The artist creates art using highly toxic resin. They look like what grows in a petri dish..


Ken

Ken thanks for the great tips.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3_ZVpaFPw&sns=em

Port Canaveral Web Cam
http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Allure web cam

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multim...oyal+Promenade





Al
Plus Lifetime goal to sleep a year on the seas. Have enjoyed 355 evenings still have 10 nights to go. The second leg of my B2B on Oasis will do it.
A trip of a thousand miles begins with a deposit!
#18
Fairfield, Ohio
6,803 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by JudyOh
Some hints I picked up on cc before I went and some I found while on the ship. Happy to Share!

There is a bagpiper on the heliport during each sailaway. He can also be seen various times on the Promenade and Central Park.

The Works at Johnny Rockets is the best breakfast ever.

Special section in the MDR for breakfast for Diamond & Diamond + members.

St Thomas docks at Crown Bay.

Nightclub in Solarium

Forward Pool Deck - Beach Pool.

Park Cafe - Breakfast and lunch - no charge (must try roast beef and made to order salads)

Solarium Resturant - Breakfast & Lunch no charge - Great Gazpacho soup

Cupcake Cupboard - $2.50 for cupcake - coconut to die for!

Boardwalk Bar - cordogs and sandwiches - no charge

Mondo Cafe - sandwiches, great cheesecake - food no charge, coffe charge.

Promenade Cafe - great cinnamon crumble coffee cake!!
JudyO thanks for sharing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3_ZVpaFPw&sns=em

Port Canaveral Web Cam
http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Allure web cam

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multim...oyal+Promenade





Al
Plus Lifetime goal to sleep a year on the seas. Have enjoyed 355 evenings still have 10 nights to go. The second leg of my B2B on Oasis will do it.
A trip of a thousand miles begins with a deposit!
#19
Mass
404 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by lovescoach
THANKS>>>>>>LEAVING 2-17-10 cant wait have lots of these tips and thanks for sharing !!!
I think you missed your cruise.
#20
Florida
156 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Just wanted to give both Ken987 and JudyOh a big THANK YOU for your tips and secrets revealed about the Oasis. Our cruise is approaching fast, we we do appreciate all of these great tips you both shared.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature