Man Overboard on Rotterdam???

LoraJ

I got this report from my mom who is currently on board. What is code red?

We've experienced two events that we've been fortunate not to have had happen before. First, we've been Code Red for the last two days. That is supposed to be lifted soon, but today's event, a sea day, has taken over everything else. A "man overboard" was reported to the bridge, just before noon. What was done, then was to chart where the person went overboard and turn the ship around to that area. By 2:00 PM, an airplane came to circle around and look for anything in the water. By 4:00 PM, the plane had spotted something, and the ship headed there. By 5:00 PM, a tender was dropped into the ocean and found what was believed to be the person. Many of us were on deck 3, and as the tender returned to the ship, the Captain asked that all on deck 3 please, out of respect, to leave the deck. I don't know anything else. We will find out soon if we'll miss our port, tomorrow. I don't know if we'll get information about the person. There was an announcement, earlier, for someone in cabin x, to please call the front desk immediately. Tonight is formal night and I don't think anyone wants to dress up.

----

Very sad. :(

How hard it must be for those with him/her on the ship.

Code Red is when there is an illness on board and they start the cleaning procedures and no self serves.

It always amaze me how fast information get to this site. It will be interesting following the story.

Second Carnival cruise ship passenger in a day is overboard (ther is no date on the article....)

This is the only news I can find that appears to be recent

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?ak=68156241.blog&type=blog

I hope and pray this is not true though and that no one has fallen from one of our ships. I've searched both CNN and Fox News for info and they have only the Carnival storiies and the Costa ship incident.

My prayers are that this is not true.

Joanie

Second Carnival cruise ship passenger in a day is overboard (ther is no date on the article....)

I hope and pray this is not true though and that no one has fallen from one of our ships. I've searched both CNN and Fox News for info and they have only the Carnival storiies and the Costa ship incident.

Joanie

Joanie, that story is from sometime last year. Carnival Holiday left the fleet in Nov. Carolyn

Joanie

Since the ship is not by the states now, who knows if the media would pick it up. I doubt Holland America would be alerting the media.

I do not think we hear about every single incident that happens. I did a search on the net yesterday and came across this site. Since I saw it yesterday, they added this info in, but it could just be based on what my mom is reporting from the ship.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

When my parents and other CC passengers get back to land, maybe we will have more info.

Since the ship is not by the states now, who knows if the media would pick it up. I doubt Holland America would be alerting the media.

I do not think we hear about every single incident that happens. I did a search on the net yesterday and came across this site. Since I saw it yesterday, they added this info in, but it could just be based on what my mom is reporting from the ship.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

When my parents and other CC passengers get back to land, maybe we will have more info.

Yesterday I'd found the same site and it did not have any for HAL in 2010, today it has 1.... I dread what we will hear now in the next day or so. Thanks LoraJ

Joanie

Just got an email from my dad. My mom has been quarantined for 24 hours with the GIS virus. They are docked in Costa Rica despite the tsunami warnings. Says the warnings have passed. My parents are not doing any shore excursions today because of the quarantine.

Sadly, my dad said that the man who jumped, and his wife are part of the cruise critic group. There was a memorial service for him this morning. :(

Just got an email from my dad. My mom has been quarantined for 24 hours with the GIS virus. They are docked in Costa Rica despite the tsunami warnings. Says the warnings have passed. My parents are not doing any shore excursions today because of the quarantine.

Sadly, my dad said that the man who jumped, and his wife are part of the cruise critic group. There was a memorial service for him this morning. :(

Thank you for your updates and it was sad to hear that he was a part of the CC group.

I was really hoping that your next update post would be one of good news. My prayers are with the family of that poor unfortunate man who lost his life. My heart goes out to all of you had to be witness to such a horrific and tragic incident. I also pray for a speedy recovery to everyone affected by that dreaded noro.

Take care and peace be with you,

Debbie

LoraJ, any word on how your mom is and is she out of quarantine? I hope your dad has not come down with Noro also.

Also is there anymore about the CC gentleman?

Joanie

Archived