Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Italy Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Italy Ports Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Luggage storage in Rome and Venice?

I'm looking for info (links, personal experience, cost, etc.) about luggage storage at these locations:
-FCO airport in Rome
-main train station in Rome
-Marco Polo airport in Venice
-main train station in Venice

We are debating how to travel from Rome to Venice and the luggage issue is a big factor.

PS I've done a lot of searches and read a lot of threads but keep reading conflicting posts and thought this might be the most efficient way of getting the info all in one place. Thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
5,000+ Club

Sorry your searches aren't bringing the information up, because it most certainly is here, in very recent threads.

FCO (Rome) Airport luggage storage:

From the official airport web site:

Left baggage room
The baggage deposit is at terminal 3, (ground floor of the international arrivals) and it is active everyday from 06.30 a.m. to 11.30 p.m..

Charge
6 Euro
per item per 24 hours (or part thereof). No advance payment.

Website: http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/.../dentro_aero_1

Termini Train Station, Rome luggage storage:

The office is located on the lower level (basement) of the train station. Be sure to allow yourself some time when picking up or dropping off luggage, the lines can be long and unpredictable.

Here is a link that gives you the hours and pricing: http://www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/i...003f16f90aRCRD

Marco Polo (Venice) Airport left luggage:

None that I am aware of

Santa Lucia, Venice train station left luggage:

Here is a link that give you the hours and pricing: http://www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/i...003f16f90aRCRD

Piazzale Roma, Venice left luggage:

Here's the information on the left luggage office at Piazzale Roma, with the location, hours and fees: http://www.trasbagagli.it/en/index.shtml?dovesiamo

Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you thank you thank you! What you provided is perfect! I had done searches and read what came up but different people had posted conflicting info so I wanted to make sure I could get the right details. Thanks again!

Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:27 PM
5,000+ Club

Not a problem. (I'm a former near neighbor; owned a nightclub in Denver many years ago.)

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Nice! We just moved here and are getting used to power outages and waking up to 2 feet of snow!

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:57 PM
5,000+ Club

I'm not sure what your plans are, but we were able to leave our big suitcases at our hotel in Pisa while we went traveling about with our backpacks, and they didn't charge us a cent for 5 days storage! So if you are staying overnight somewhere, check with the hotel first.

Of course this assumes that you will be returning to the starting point. We went to France to pick up an car and just stopped back by the hotel to retrieve our suitcases.

Just a thought. . .

Cathy

Old March 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersoj View Post
Nice! We just moved here and are getting used to power outages and waking up to 2 feet of snow!
OH, didn't anyone warn you about those spring storms? The nice thing about Denver is that the spring snows evaporate quickly, before they can turn into slush.

One year we had a massive storm in May (!), but all traces were gone within a couple of days.

Last edited by euro cruiser; March 24th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Old March 24th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Cathy. We aren't staying overnight anywhere beforehand but I'll keep that tip handy for our future trips!

Old May 16th, 2010, 12:19 PM
20,000+ Club

Euro Cruiser,

The website for Roma Termini says 4 euros, I "assume" that is per piece but wanted to ask. I thought it could be per locker. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kirk

Old May 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkNC View Post
Euro Cruiser,

The website for Roma Termini says 4 euros, I "assume" that is per piece but wanted to ask. I thought it could be per locker. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kirk
It is per piece.

Old May 16th, 2010, 04:48 PM
5,000+ Club

As Cynthia said, it is per piece. You leave your luggage with a staff member and it is stored in a big room, you do not have access to it once you turn it over to them. If you need to get in it, you'll go through the entire process again, because the place where you retrieve it is a different line from where you drop it off.

I actually got to see their system (I'm being generous with my terminology here) a couple of years ago when they couldn't find my bag. They had me go downstairs with them to the storage room (a big room full of industrial shelving) to find my bag, which wasn't on the shelf their tagging system said it should have been.

Old May 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM
20,000+ Club

Thanks for the response!

Kirk