cabin location

happybeachbum

We just returned from 2 weeks in Cabin 732. I did hear a little sound of scraping tables and chairs between 6 - 6:15 am, but I was usually awake looking at the sunrise by then. My husband, who sleeps later, said he never heard a thing. Whatever sound I heard was very short - maybe only a couple minutes. It was a small thing with such beautiful sights to see and such super service from the staff! :)

Welcome back chucque! I'd love to hear about your trip! I'm sure many of would. What was your favorite excursion? How was Motu Mahana, the private motu? How was the snorkeling?

Off topic completely...after I came back from my voyage last year, I wrote in my trip report that they should consider replacing the soaps with something more local or French because frankly, the shampoos and lotion stunk! I understand there is now L'Occatine in the baths. Can anyone confirm there is conditioner as well as shampoo and body lotion? Thanks in advance!

bump

Can anyone confirm there is conditioner as well as shampoo and body lotion in the cabins since they switched to L'Occatine?

Thanks in advance

Update: Poster Lera has confirmed there's shampoo, conditioner, body gel, body lotion and bar soap in the bathrooms aboard.

Anyone have any experience with aft cabins (such as 767) versus a middle cabin such as 730?

Fore and Aft cabins move a lot more (vertically) in high seas. This is really only an issue if you are doing one of the longer (more open seas) cruises.

We like low (cheap) and midships cabins. They all go to the same places and the food is the same.

• 2 months later...

This is for the OP (happybeachbum) who specifically asked about the noise level in 736 - we just got home on Sunday June 27th. No problems to report - just the occasional bump or scrape, but not enough to wake you up. On the last morning of the trip there was significantly more noise because they were cleaning the floor and all the chairs were being moved for that purpose...but we were getting out of bed anyway to prepare for departure day.

This was a nice location as far as accessing the different public areas - easy up or down either staircase.

There was conditioner and body lotion provided, along with shampoo and body wash (and bar soap too.)

Its easy access from any stateroom!Yes,they provide the bath amenities except for the loofa!They provide body gel with nothing to apply it with except a washcloth!They told me to buy one while in port!Idiots!:cool:

Location is very inportant.#766 is great because you get that 180 degree view and fall asleep to the sound of the wake!Also,since PG just added all of the aft staterooms,they are as large as a B Category for the C Category price.

I was in a B category forward and it was rocky as hell,however,this was Figi Eastbound Itinerary.If your hopping around in FP,this wouldn't be an issue.Also on deck 8 with the B Category Staterooms,Pool and other facilities is a very special place.

Walk all the way forward on deck 8 until you see a door that says DO NOT ENTER,open it,also open 2nd door and you will experience your very own private verandah directly forward.Great for coffee and a sunrise.

Now,high center provide more spacious cabins on decks B,C,& D plus you do get a verandah.Low center cheap E & F only provide a porthole or small window.If you can afford a few extra $'s,D and above are the best value.

Also make certain you negotiatate with PG.On low occupancy itineraries they will give you the world.

On my Eastbound Fiji 5/22/10,I was given a B Category (Single Traveler) for $5680.00,FREE R/T AIR LA-Fiji/Papietee-LA,$200 Stateroom Credit!Yes what an awesome deal.A $25,000 vacation for a little over $5000!You have to hold out and negotiate.Best deals are during the last 30 days before sailing.If you reserve way ahead of time,demand a refund for the difference.Also,because PG's bank is in Ireland,they charge Foreign Transaction Fees on your CC unless you use Amerian Express.You need to call their accounting department and demand a refund for those fees....they will issue you a stateroom credit or mail you a check.

I have alot more to share in the future and must say my PG experience was not as wonderful as it should of been....for many reaasons I will tell.Thank goodness I didn't pay any more than I did!:)

....no cruise ship I've been on has provided a loofah or shower pouf of any kind, just a facecloth....

Same here. No loofah or shower pouf on my cruises with Cunard, Celebrity, Crystal, Regent, Oceania or NCL. Somehow I have managed to struggle through the discomfort and indignity. Maybe I'll have to look into one of those Princess suites.;)

Would a cabin (736) under LeGrill be a bad choice for early a.m. overhead noise?

I am typing this from the balcony of 761 which is directly under La Pallet. Last night, we heard Siglo JUST A LITTLE, but not enough to be a bother.

I doubt that you will hear anything from the pool or the grill.

PS: Wendy...Hal says hi!

I am typing this from the balcony of 761 which is directly under La Pallet. Last night, we heard Siglo JUST A LITTLE, but not enough to be a bother.

Hope your trip is going well (I'm sure it is!). We are all green with envy!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return!!!! :):):)

Sniff! Thanks, Driver! Glad that La Pallette doesn't bother you, I'm betting your balcony room is fabulous. I would stay in the broom closet on that ship!

Enjoy!

Hope your trip is going well (I'm sure it is!). We are all green with envy!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return!!!! :):):)

Ditto. I know that you do not dive but I would truely appreciate any info you might gather about the current state of the scuba operation (when you get back of course). I hope your trip is fantastic and lives up to your prior experiences on the PG.

Archived