bringing alcohol on board???

senior lady

Does anyone know if Celebrity sells alcohol that you can take to your room?? I know that RCCL sells alcohol and charges you a corkage fee to take to your room.

It still was cheaper doing it that way on our last cruise. Lot less hassle then smuggling it on board

Celebrity will not sell you alcohol for your room. However, my docs indicate that Celebrity has the right to limit or refuse alcohol brought aboard the ship by the passenger. I have personally, and many others on these boards have as well, brought bottles of rum, vodka, wine and beer aboard ship in my carry-on bag. Some people prefer to put clear liquor in a water bottle, but the security personnel are far more worried about guns and bombs, and essentially turn a blind eye to alcohol for consumption in your room. Bottoms up ;)

X would much rather sell you items from the mini-bar. However coming aboard with one or two bottles in luggage or carry ons does not seem to be a problem.However, if it is obvious, they do check it. And near the end of the cruise they will even let you take it from the duty free shop back to your cabin so that they don't have to mess with taking names and delivery.

has great deals on booze and you can buy 1 bottle (that is 1 lt not 750 ml) & give them you tote bag that is your gift in the closet for them to put it in. Then take it back to your room to enjoy. We went down the scond week of our cruise to get another bottle & again they put it into the tote bag.

If you want to purchase a box of booze to take home, they give it to you the last night of the cruise.

We did take a small bottle of vodka that we added to tomato juice on the flight, and great in lemonade on the ship. Then we got the good stuff from duty free.

Does anyone know if Celebrity sells alcohol that you can take to your room?? I know that RCCL sells alcohol and charges you a corkage fee to take to your room.

It still was cheaper doing it that way on our last cruise. Lot less hassle then smuggling it on board

Celebrity has published a somewhat contradictory policy re: bringing and consuming liquor on board.From my 6 cruises in the last 2 years we've gone from bringing nothing on board to bringing whatever we want.The key,I believe is not to be obnoxious or blantant,but to control the situation at the critical point,which is the security screening checkpoint as you board the ship.We have brought a case of wine wrapped as a gift by a liquor store in Buenos Aires.We have always brought back wine and hard liquor (e.g.vodka in St.Petersburg) from shore excursions.We have brought a open case of wines,purchased at Costco,right before boarding in San Diego,etc.We've never been challenged,or hasseled.This doesn't mean that we haven't spent lots of bucks in the lounges,clubs,martini bar and restaurants.What we bring on board we consume in our room,and if we have some left over we generally give it away to our cabin and wine stewards.

This is an email reply yesterday from Celebrity. My next question is, then why do they have a corkage fee?

RE: Liquor policy

Dear Ms. Lucas,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delay. While it was

previously acceptable to bring one bottle of wine onboard,that is,

unfortunately, no longer allowed. If you were to bring a bottle with you,

it would be held for the duration of the cruise and returned to you

afterward. We apologize for any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

In March on Mercury and May on Century, we packed a number of those airline bottles in our check in luggage, and in my carry-on bag, I purchased two plastic leak proof quart bottles and brought in gin and vodka. No hassel other than the fact that we had to lug the stuff.

In Feb. on Century, we ordered two bon voyage liquor packages, one with Beefeaters gin and one with Absolute Vodka. Each comes with six sodas and a can of nuts. The total price per package is $50.00. It is not a bad price when you consider that on our last cruise, six sodas cost around $13.00, and have no idea about the nuts. So we are taking maybe an $5.00 to $8.00 hit on the package, but love the convenience. They are supposed to be delivered to our suite prior to or at our arrival - that seems to me much less of a hassel than carrying the stuff across country and lugging it.

Now if I can just wheedle some dry white vermouth from our butler!

I've only been on one cruise, so I haven't got a ton of experience but this is what happend when we went on the Zenith to Bermuda on 7/30/04

We had a "Coors Light" soft pack cooler, filled with 18 cans of beer, a bottle of Bloody Mary Mix, and 2 bottles of wine (the vodka was safely packed in our checked luggage).

Security just passed it thru the xray machine without question. No one asked to look inside (although it had to be pretty obvious that there were cans inside via the xray view) and what KIND of cans considering the bag had Coors blasted all over the outside of it.

Our opinion was, if they take it, then we've learned an expensive lesson. They didn't. That being said, this 2nd time around I doubt we'll carry on booze. Maybe some wine, because the cruise line doesn't carry my favorite, but otherwise we'll just buy our drinks on board.

Just off Mercury, and we bought liquor in San Diego and packed it in our carry-on luggage....no problem. We also enjoy a cocktail in our room and we surely spend enough $$$ on drinks on the ship. They were confiscating liquor at each port.......however, you could buy it the night before disembarkation onboard and take to your cabin.

Archived