Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
- Read thousands of Celebrity Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Celebrity Cruise Deals
- Write a Celebrity Cruise Review
- Find Your Celebrity Roll Call
See posts about:
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Solstice

Old April 16th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Concierge Class - Expanded room service breakfast menu

Can anyone tell me the difference between the regular room service breakfast menu and the "Expanded room service breakfast menu" that Celebrity says is available in its Concierge Class cabins ?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if a cooked breakfast is available in-cabin for Concierge Class or is the "expanded menu" just more cold items on a continental breakfast menu.

Past: Jan 07 - P&O Arcadia - Caribbean; Mar 08 - P&O Arcadia - Trans Atlantic; Nov 08 - Celebrity Mercury - Hawaii; Sep 09 - P&O Arcadia - Mediterranean; Jan 10 - P&O Artemis - Caribbean; May 10 - Celebrity Summit - Bermuda; Sep 10 - Celebrity Mercury - Alaska; Jan 11 - Celebrity Eclipse - Caribbean; Jul 11 - P&O Arcadia - Baltic; Oct 11 - Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal;.
Future: Apr 12 - HAL Oosterdam - Hawaii; Jan 13 - Celebrity Eclipse - Caribbean; May 13 - Celebrity Eclipse - Mediterranean; Sep 13 - Celebrity Summit - Canada & New England.

Old April 16th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

I love the CC expanded breakfast menu! If you do a search here it's actually been posted a few times. You can get a lot of special items, I'll try to remember a few: smoothies, french toast fingers w/marmalade butter, scrambled eggs with asparagus, omelettes, and lots of other stuff that I can't remember
Yes you can order a full hot breakfast, eggs, bacon, saugage, ham...ect

Princess Cruise - April 1996
Celebrity Century - February 2003
Celebrity Century - February 2004
Celebrity Constellation - February 2005
Grand Princess - November 2006
Celebrity Millennium - March 23, 2008
RCCL Serenade of the Seas - Feb. 28, 2009
Celebrity Millennium - February 22, 2010
Celebrity Summit - February 12, 2011
Celebrity Summit - February 11, 2012
Celebrity Summit - August 5, 2012 (Bermuda )
Celebrity Summit - April 13, 2013
Celebrity Equinox - September 26th, 2013 - Venice Overnight
Celebrity Summit - February 8, 2014
Celebrity Summit - February 15, 2014

Last edited by Dave&Robin; April 16th, 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Old April 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Location: At home, remembering the great time we had on Reflection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Chris View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between the regular room service breakfast menu and the "Expanded room service breakfast menu" that Celebrity says is available in its Concierge Class cabins ?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if a cooked breakfast is available in-cabin for Concierge Class or is the "expanded menu" just more cold items on a continental breakfast menu.
Yes you can get a cooked breakfast. There are a variety of things to choose from including eggs prepared anyway you like them, omelets, grilled vegetables, sausages, hot oatmeal, pancakes etc. We always order room service and have breakfast on our verandah. It's wonderful. Can't tell you about the regular room service menu as we have never seen one.

Summit ~ Bermuda Cruise * May 10, 2015

Silhouette ~ Israel & Mediterranean/TransAtlantic Cruises * Oct 17 & Oct 31, 2015 B2B
Reflection ~ TransAtlantic Cruise * Oct 21, 2016
Constellation ~ Best of India & Sri Lanka/Suez Canal Cruises * Apr 2 & Apr 17, 2017 B2B

* Life is Good *

Last edited by C-Dragons; April 16th, 2010 at 09:20 AM.

Old April 16th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

A cooked breakfast is available in all cabin classes. DH had bacon and eggs several times although I prefer the continental option. We haven't experienced the CC one yet, but understand it has more variety.
Sheila

Old April 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
10,000+ Club

Forgot about that perk--looking forward to it...

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:20 AM
10,000+ Club

Default Yes you can get most typical hot breakfast items

Here is a link to a copy of a CC menu:
http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruise...62767369_mHj49

The items in the first couple categories labeled "Concierge Class" are exclusive items. The rest of the menu is pretty standard items and can be ordered from any room, they'll either be on the menu or you can write them in. If you have any questions about this on board ask your room steward - they will know as often they bring the breakfast.

Photo site for past cruises : http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises
Recent cruises: Celebrity Eclipse 14 Night Caribbean Mar-2013 and Silhouette Transatlantic Dec-2012

Old April 16th, 2010, 10:48 AM
10,000+ Club

I also added a standard room service breakfast menu, hang card, from a recent cruise with some notes about writing in items: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruise...38449448_AykqC

Recent cruises: Celebrity Eclipse 14 Night Caribbean Mar-2013 and Silhouette Transatlantic Dec-2012

Old April 17th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you all for your helpful replies, especially Larry for the great pics of every menu onboard.

Past: Jan 07 - P&O Arcadia - Caribbean; Mar 08 - P&O Arcadia - Trans Atlantic; Nov 08 - Celebrity Mercury - Hawaii; Sep 09 - P&O Arcadia - Mediterranean; Jan 10 - P&O Artemis - Caribbean; May 10 - Celebrity Summit - Bermuda; Sep 10 - Celebrity Mercury - Alaska; Jan 11 - Celebrity Eclipse - Caribbean; Jul 11 - P&O Arcadia - Baltic; Oct 11 - Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal;.
Future: Apr 12 - HAL Oosterdam - Hawaii; Jan 13 - Celebrity Eclipse - Caribbean; May 13 - Celebrity Eclipse - Mediterranean; Sep 13 - Celebrity Summit - Canada & New England.

Old April 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

One of the things DH and I enjoyed the most in CC class was the fresh squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice for breakfast. Such a treat.

Old April 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default I agree about the orange juice

The freshly squeezed orange juice is a surcharge item up at the deck 10 restaurant -- and what about in the main dining room? -- but it's standard in CC room service breakfast.

We tried the baked bananas, and I loved the yogurt berry parfait, which was huge.

Mr. B. preferred going to deck 10 or to the MDR for his bagel, lox and cream cheese. If you order it in the room, the bagel is often not toasted as you would prefer. They might not give you as much purple onion as you like.

What a life!

--May

Old April 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by May B View Post
...Mr. B. preferred going to deck 10 or to the MDR for his bagel, lox and cream cheese. If you order it in the room, the bagel is often not toasted as you would prefer. They might not give you as much purple onion as you like....
Sometimes you need to be very specific in what you write down on the room service card. I'm not a lox person but I do write in that I want my bagels toasted and they then come that way.

Old November 12th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

does anyone have any details of what else the "expanded room service" menu includes?

thank you

Old November 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by May B View Post
The freshly squeezed orange juice is a surcharge item up at the deck 10 restaurant -- and what about in the main dining room? -- but it's standard in CC room service breakfast.

We tried the baked bananas, and I loved the yogurt berry parfait, which was huge.

Mr. B. preferred going to deck 10 or to the MDR for his bagel, lox and cream cheese. If you order it in the room, the bagel is often not toasted as you would prefer. They might not give you as much purple onion as you like.

What a life!

--May
Aint life grand!! I had forgotten about the fresh OJ,I order one carrot and one OJ and mix my own. Never tried the baked bananas but will next month,thanks for the tip.

Old November 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi--why would anyone ruin a bagel by having it toasted--same as eating a non toasted english muffin

Old November 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo View Post
Hi--why would anyone ruin a bagel by having it toasted--same as eating a non toasted english muffin
I would never eat a non-toasted English muffin.

Nor would I willingly eat a non-toasted bagel.

To each his own. Or her.

Old November 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default yes! ain't life grand is exactly true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teajak View Post
Aint life grand!! I had forgotten about the fresh OJ,I order one carrot and one OJ and mix my own. Never tried the baked bananas but will next month,thanks for the tip.
Have a great time, and I love the "ain't life grand" comment. I'll be driving by Ellenton on Thursday. I'll wave at you!

--May

Old November 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenno10388 View Post
does anyone have any details of what else the "expanded room service" menu includes?

thank you
See Post #6

Oct 25/15 - 14 nt Japan and China
May 22/16 - 7 nt Alaska Hubbard Glacier
Oct 8/16 - 14 nt Western Med

"Username or Password Incorrect" Well at least tell me which one it is!

Old November 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Didn't Have Expanded Menu on Century

On our Pacific Coastal cruise on Century at the end of September, we had a Concierge cabin but did not have the expanded menu the one time we ordered breakfast. There was no printed menu in our room, and our TV menu was a pretty poor standard one. We probably could have called Room Service, but it was late at night, so we just went ahead and ordered from the standard menu. What we got was not very good and it arrived more than half an hour earlier than we had ordered (surprise wake-up call!). If we had wanted to order again, we would have pursued getting the right menu. So...check your menus before you might want to do the actual ordering and make sure you have the right ones.

Out of curiosity, should we have had a printed menu or should the CC menu have appeared on our TV ordering menu?

Cruising since 1977.

Last edited by Kartgv; November 13th, 2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Add question

Old November 13th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The breakfast menus for hanging on the door and the pillow menu are in the large black information binder that should be in your cabin. If you can't find it, ask your room steward to provide one for you. YMMV but that is where we always found them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oct 25/15 - 14 nt Japan and China
May 22/16 - 7 nt Alaska Hubbard Glacier
Oct 8/16 - 14 nt Western Med

"Username or Password Incorrect" Well at least tell me which one it is!

Old November 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartgv View Post
........Out of curiosity, should we have had a printed menu or should the CC menu have appeared on our TV ordering menu?
On all our cruises, the breakfast menu cards have always been inside the blue X book on the desk.

But if they are missing, just ask your stateroom attendant or butler and they will surely get them for you. Also, as previously mentioned, if you want something that is not listed on the menu you can write it in and they will deliver it if they have it available.

We love having breakfast on the balcony each morning (one of the features of taking a cruise that we most enjoy), and they almost always deliver whatever we write in on the menu. The breakfast delivery phone call serves as our wakeup call.