Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old May 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
5,000+ Club

Default Cabin #2201 or 2202 on a Conquest class ship?

These were the only 1A's left for the cruise I want to take. Please share your experiences with these particular cabins. I've been in many 1A cabins before so I know the basics but these cabins have an irregular layout. I also know that there can be noise issues being at the bow (it's happened in other cabins so I know what that's like)but I'd love to know what else is there is about them. I did see some photos which have been helpful. Thanks.
RCCL: Brilliance (2), Vision (2), Enchantment (4), Voyager (2), Liberty (2), Navigator (2), Explorer (2), Majesty, Monarch(2), Jewel, Mariner, Independence, Legend, Grandeur. Total: 24 cruises
Princess: Grand (2), Caribbean (2), Crown (2), Diamond, Dawn. Total: 8 cruises
Cunard: QM2 (4). Total: 4 cruises
Renaissance: R2. Total: 1 cruise
Holland-America: Maasdam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam. Total: 5 cruises
MSC-Divina. Total: 1 cruise
Grand Total: 86 cruises

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Some pictures from #2202 on the Glory

It has a Twin on one side, and then around the corner a sofa bed, with the bathroom in the middle. I think the TV can only be viewed from the bed. You could definitely hear a thumping at night when the waves would hit the bow, but according to my brother-in-law, you just got used to it. Overall, he had no issues with the cabin, as he was by himself in the stateroom.

Past Cruises
SS Norway - Eastern Caribbean - May 00
Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean - Nov 08
Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean - Nov 09
Norwegian Dawn - Southern Caribbean - Mar 10
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - Nov 10
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - Oct 11
NCL Sky - Bahamas - Oct 12

Future Cruises Booked
Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean - Oct 13

Old May 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp111 View Post
Some pictures from #2202 on the Glory

It has a Twin on one side, and then around the corner a sofa bed, with the bathroom in the middle. I think the TV can only be viewed from the bed. You could definitely hear a thumping at night when the waves would hit the bow, but according to my brother-in-law, you just got used to it. Overall, he had no issues with the cabin, as he was by himself in the stateroom.

Thanks! I saw other photos so it's nice to see some more. But obviously this cabin is so tight the points of view are similar. I bring earplugs (just bought some in Target yesterday) so that would help if the bow noise is bad.
RCCL: Brilliance (2), Vision (2), Enchantment (4), Voyager (2), Liberty (2), Navigator (2), Explorer (2), Majesty, Monarch(2), Jewel, Mariner, Independence, Legend, Grandeur. Total: 24 cruises
Princess: Grand (2), Caribbean (2), Crown (2), Diamond, Dawn. Total: 8 cruises
Cunard: QM2 (4). Total: 4 cruises
Renaissance: R2. Total: 1 cruise
Holland-America: Maasdam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam. Total: 5 cruises
MSC-Divina. Total: 1 cruise
Grand Total: 86 cruises

Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise pup View Post
These were the only 1A's left for the cruise I want to take. Please share your experiences with these particular cabins. I've been in many 1A cabins before so I know the basics but these cabins have an irregular layout. I also know that there can be noise issues being at the bow (it's happened in other cabins so I know what that's like)but I'd love to know what else is there is about them. I did see some photos which have been helpful. Thanks.
we had 2202 on the triumph. in my signature is cruise room pictures. or my triumph pics and i have the pics of our room there. yes, when the hull was breakig the waves i was hearing the bang. but wasnt everynight. only remember it 1 night. it is rockier.. but it was a great room. we had fun. my roommate would sit there saying... stop the rockin!! lmao

*Carnival Splendor October 16-24, 2014 Eastern Caribbean. Nassau, Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay

*Carnival Victory April 29-May 6, 2012 Southern Caribbean
San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St.Kitts, St. Lucia & St. Maarten
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...029%20May%206/
Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1630236

*Carnival Valor Oct 24-31, 2010 WesternCaribbean
Grand Cayman, Isle Roatan, Belize(cxl'd) Costa Maya instead & Cozumel
http://s260.photobucket.com/user/jks...r%20Oct%202010

*Carnival Triumph June 15, 2009 Canada
St. John & Halifax
pictures of our cruise
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...2009%20Cruise/

To see pics of rooms go to cruiselinerooms com. add yours and see others that has been added