MTD on Royal Caribbean for 2 year old?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Family Cruises
Cruising with kids? Best Family Cruise Advice
Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Resources
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:43 PM.
New Orleans
122 Posts
Joined May 2008
We are planning a cruise on the Voyager. At the time we will be cruising my son will have just made 2 years old. Would My Time Dining be a better option for me?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Inspiration / August 2001 / W Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas / June 2002 / E Caribbean
Carnival Conquest / Nov 2003 / W Caribbean
Disney Wonder / land and sea / July 2004 / Bahamas
Disney Magic / June 2006 / E Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas / May 2008 / W Caribbean
RCI Serenade of the Seas / June 2009 / Alaska
Fredericksburg, va. USA
79,715 Posts
Joined May 2001
Since he'll be too young for AO, it really won't matter....pick whatever time suits his schedule (and yours) best! With MTD, you can eat pretty much when you want. Early (main) seating is best if you want to stick with Traditional dining.
1 Posts
Joined May 2010
We had My Time Dining early at 6pm. Dinner is served promptly and your waiters will take care of both you and the baby. He'll enjoy the attention he gets from everyone. If he gets fussy you can always leave early.

I have a full review of MTD with RC. Check out the blog below.
Visit http://www.CruiseShipReviewer.com/ and check out Royal Carribean cruises.
Cedar Park, TX
1,026 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Probably. The way things are set up for the servers in the MTD area, they're better able to expedite the adults' meals as well as the children's. In the traditional areas, the servers can get the kids' stuff out quickly, but it can be more difficult (though not impossible) for them to get everyone's food out at a quicker pace if you're all going to need to leave early due to a toddler's shorter attention span.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jerin (and Dan)

Century 10/18/04 (Baltimore to San Juan)
Grandeur of the Seas 6/13/08 (New England and Canada from Norfolk)
Liberty of the Seas 12/12/10 (Eastern Caribbean -- Family Reunion in the Presidential Family Suite)
Constellation 3/16/15 Western Caribbean -- Homeschool Moms (and Dads) gone wild (ok, maybe not *that* wild)