Eclipse hump cabin 1044 photo's

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:24 PM.
#1
OXFORDSHIRE.UK
117 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
For anyone interested this is hump cabin 1044 on the Eclipse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ireland trip 001.jpg (12.8 KB, 902 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 002.jpg (16.1 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 003.jpg (12.8 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 004.jpg (13.6 KB, 782 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 005.jpg (13.9 KB, 1035 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Monarch of the seas................ Caribbean
Grandeur of the seas............... Caribbean
Navigator of the seas.............. Mediterranean
Independence of the seas May 2008.. Mediterranean
Solstice 28/09/ 2009................ Greece and Turkey
Eclipse 3/05/2010.................... Ireland
Solstice 30/05/2010................. Caribbean
Solsice 6/06/2010.................... Caribbean
Constellation 18/09/2010..........Mediterranean
Eclipse 29/04/2011....................Ireland
Eclipse 3/05/2011......................Ireland
Constellation 26/08/2011............Baltics
Equinox 10/10/2011....................Greek Islands
P&O Arcadia 6/12/11..................Brugges
NCL Jade 16/03/2012..................Canary Islands
Independence OTS 5/5/2012.........Ireland
Silhouette 30/05/2012.................Mediterranean
Eclipse 4/08/2012................... Iceland and Fjords
NCL Jade 6/10/2012................Greek Islands
NCL Jade 1/12/2012..............Med & Holy Land
Eclipse 23/02/2013...............Exotic Caribbean
Reflection 6/05/2013..............Mediterranean
NCL Epic 25/08/2013............. Mediterranean
Eclipse 20/10/2013................ Canaries and Azores
NCL Spirit 1/03/2014………….....Casablanca & Canaries
NCL Jade 10/05/2014…………... Italy and Greek Islands
Eclipse 5/07/2014………...…....Iceland and Fjords
Reflection 06/10/2014……………...Mediterranean
NCL Jade 25/10/2014.............Mediterranean
NCL Jade 24/1/2015 ..............Mediterranean
Millennium 12/05/2015.............Alaska
Constellation 23/08/2015............Greece and Turkey
NCL Epic 20/09/2015............Barcelona to UK
Eclipse 10/10/2015 .............Canary Islands
NCL Escape 27/10/2015.............1Night To nowhere
NCL Epic 16/03/2016.............Mediterranean
Ovation OTS 14/04/2016........ 3 night pre inaugural
Eclipse 22/05/2016.......... Baltics & Russia
Equinox 15/10/2016....... Mediterranean
#2
OXFORDSHIRE.UK
117 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
And a few more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ireland trip 009.jpg (14.4 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 008.jpg (13.8 KB, 648 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 007.jpg (13.6 KB, 608 views)
File Type: jpg ireland trip 006.jpg (15.0 KB, 489 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Monarch of the seas................ Caribbean
Grandeur of the seas............... Caribbean
Navigator of the seas.............. Mediterranean
Independence of the seas May 2008.. Mediterranean
Solstice 28/09/ 2009................ Greece and Turkey
Eclipse 3/05/2010.................... Ireland
Solstice 30/05/2010................. Caribbean
Solsice 6/06/2010.................... Caribbean
Constellation 18/09/2010..........Mediterranean
Eclipse 29/04/2011....................Ireland
Eclipse 3/05/2011......................Ireland
Constellation 26/08/2011............Baltics
Equinox 10/10/2011....................Greek Islands
P&O Arcadia 6/12/11..................Brugges
NCL Jade 16/03/2012..................Canary Islands
Independence OTS 5/5/2012.........Ireland
Silhouette 30/05/2012.................Mediterranean
Eclipse 4/08/2012................... Iceland and Fjords
NCL Jade 6/10/2012................Greek Islands
NCL Jade 1/12/2012..............Med & Holy Land
Eclipse 23/02/2013...............Exotic Caribbean
Reflection 6/05/2013..............Mediterranean
NCL Epic 25/08/2013............. Mediterranean
Eclipse 20/10/2013................ Canaries and Azores
NCL Spirit 1/03/2014………….....Casablanca & Canaries
NCL Jade 10/05/2014…………... Italy and Greek Islands
Eclipse 5/07/2014………...…....Iceland and Fjords
Reflection 06/10/2014……………...Mediterranean
NCL Jade 25/10/2014.............Mediterranean
NCL Jade 24/1/2015 ..............Mediterranean
Millennium 12/05/2015.............Alaska
Constellation 23/08/2015............Greece and Turkey
NCL Epic 20/09/2015............Barcelona to UK
Eclipse 10/10/2015 .............Canary Islands
NCL Escape 27/10/2015.............1Night To nowhere
NCL Epic 16/03/2016.............Mediterranean
Ovation OTS 14/04/2016........ 3 night pre inaugural
Eclipse 22/05/2016.......... Baltics & Russia
Equinox 15/10/2016....... Mediterranean
#3
128 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Hi dollydosh! thanks for posting the pictures from Eclipse which I found most interesting as hubby and me will be sailing on her in October, we are on the hump but on deck 8 .
Looks like a wonderful ship...have you posted any reviews on the boards? If so,would love to read them.

Many thanks Janet
#4
Fort Mill S.C.
756 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Wow! We just had cabin 1044 and 1046 on solstice!! We lost our pictures, but these are great. We actually opened up the partition for both 1044 an 1046 and had a massive balcony, it wad great!! Thank you for posting this!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Elite Member
#5
Highlands Ranch, CO
53 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Thank you so much for those photos! We are on Solstice in 1046 with family in 1044 in July and I've been hoping for photos to get them excited (it is their first cruise!). And pumpkin - glad to know the wall opens to make the rooms accessible to each other. That will be wonderful!
#6
Pittsburgh PA
4,454 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
We have a B2B on the Solstice in Oct/Nov this year in 1044. We saw the balcony from our balcony on our last cruise and were excited when this cabin was available for our B2B.
Thanks for posting.
Mary Lou
#7
Pittsburgh
877 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Thank you! Will be sailing her in Dec cabin 1120
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Summit - May 15, 2016
Celebrity Constellation - March 9, 2013
Celebrity Millenium - November 10,2011 - BFF Trip!!!

Celebrity Century - February 28, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - December 11, 2010
Celebrity Century - November 13, 2010 - BFF Trip!!!
Celebrity Summit - May 2, 2010
Celebrity Solstice - December, 2008
Celebrity Century - January, 2008
Carnival Mardi Gras - Spring Break March, 1976
#8
St. Simons Island, Georgia
63 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
What is a Hump Cabin? We are sailing the Eclipse Nov. 20th and wondeering if our balcony partition can be moved, our friends are in the cabin next to ours.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/
#9
Fort Mill S.C.
756 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by Cruisin_Vol_Fan
Thank you so much for those photos! We are on Solstice in 1046 with family in 1044 in July and I've been hoping for photos to get them excited (it is their first cruise!). And pumpkin - glad to know the wall opens to make the rooms accessible to each other. That will be wonderful!
That's great!! You will truly enjoy it!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Elite Member
#10
3 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
This is my first time on a cruise and my first time trying to post a note. We are going to Iceland and the Feuds on the 4th August and was wondering if you have done this trip and if you could give me any onboard tips.
#11
Sunshine state
666 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by orangegrape
This is my first time on a cruise and my first time trying to post a note. We are going to Iceland and the Feuds on the 4th August and was wondering if you have done this trip and if you could give me any onboard tips.
Please go to roll call,you will find tons of information there.
#12
Myrtle Beach
14,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by bonvoyagequeen
What is a Hump Cabin? We are sailing the Eclipse Nov. 20th and wondeering if our balcony partition can be moved, our friends are in the cabin next to ours.
Actually, Stateroom 1044 is not on the "hump" -- it's one of the 2 angled balconies on the Starboard side up forward. There are also the same two on the Port side.

Here's a thumbnail of the "hump" section on the Solstice Class ship. Note the balcony size of the angled balconies coming off the hump. The 1st and 3rd in each direction coming off the hump are the largest, with the 2nd and 4th a little shorter in length by a foot or so.

This thumbnail is of Deck 9. Deck 6 thru 11 are the exact same with some being suites/penthouses.

Those in 1044 and 1046 will be able to open up the plexiglass portion of the balcony partition to make one large balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...6&postcount=14
#14
Yorkshire, UK
6,504 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thank you for the picture, this looks just like our last cabin was on the equinox - we were on the angle of the hump too and it was laid this way round.

I have to admit, having had one with the bed next to the balcony door and one with the bed next to the wardrobe, I'm torn which is best

Prefer the bed near the window but its harder to get into the wardrobe as the sofa blocks one of the doors. A shorter sofa would have been better.
#15
9,575 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by Wine-O
Actually, Stateroom 1044 is not on the "hump" -- it's one of the 2 angled balconies on the Starboard side up forward. There are also the same two on the Port side.

Here's a thumbnail of the "hump" section on the Solstice Class ship. Note the balcony size of the angled balconies coming off the hump. The 1st and 3rd in each direction coming off the hump are the largest, with the 2nd and 4th a little shorter in length by a foot or so.

This thumbnail is of Deck 9. Deck 6 thru 11 are the exact same with some being suites/penthouses.

Those in 1044 and 1046 will be able to open up the plexiglass portion of the balcony partition to make one large balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...6&postcount=14
Thanks to all for the photos and information. I have two questions about cabin 1044. Is the balcony about the same size as the larger balcony on the cabins on the slant of the hump (the first and third off the hump)? I've stayed in one of the latter, and from the pics, the balcony size looks about the same, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Also, on the Celebrity deck plan, which I realize isn't drawn exactly to scale, the *interior* of 1044 looks wider than that of the cabins on the hump with the larger balconies (e.g., 1231), but from the pics, that doesn't appear to be the case. Anyone know?
#16
Myrtle Beach
14,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Turtles06
Thanks to all for the photos and information. I have two questions about cabin 1044. Is the balcony about the same size as the larger balcony on the cabins on the slant of the hump (the first and third off the hump)? I've stayed in one of the latter, and from the pics, the balcony size looks about the same, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Also, on the Celebrity deck plan, which I realize isn't drawn exactly to scale, the *interior* of 1044 looks wider than that of the cabins on the hump with the larger balconies (e.g., 1231), but from the pics, that doesn't appear to be the case. Anyone know?
Stateroom 1044 has the larger balcony. All the staterooms are the exact same size/width with the exception of the accessible ones. The only difference in the staterooms is bed position (by the bath or balcony). 1231 has the exact same size balcony as 1044.
#17
Civitavecchia, Italy
3,915 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Thank you very much for posting your photos.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1990/1997 26 Costa cruises
1998 royal princess
1999 carnival imagination
2001 carnival victory
2004 trollfiord
2005 queen mary 2
2006 queen mary 2
2007 costa concordia
2007 costa victoria
2007 costa serena
12/02/2007 millennium transatlantic
05/03/2008 serenade ultimate alaska
08/22/2008 galaxy eastern mediterranean
11/29/2008 summit transatlantic
04/19/2009 solstice transatlantic
08/18/2009 equinox ancient empires
11/05/2009 equinox transatlantic
03/14/2010 infinity south america & canal cruise
06/12/2010 eclipse baltic
10/31/2010 eclipse transatlantic
02/27/2011 volendam Australia/New Zealand
05/28/2011 zuiderdam Alaska Inside Passage
10/22/2011 silhouette transatlantic
04/27/2012 maasdam florida to canada
08/22/2012 prinsendam to iceland
10/12/2012 reflection inaugural european cruise
01/11/2013 msc splendida mediterranean
04/19/2013 eurodam mediterranean splendor
06/15/2013 msc preziosa mediterranean
07/24/2013 noordam mediterranean explorer
10/12/2013 infinity immersive wine cruise
01/18/2014 msc fantasia canary islands
05/10/2014 oasis ots western caribbean
07/23/2014 nieuw amsterdam mediterranean romance
10/02/2014 azamara quest croatia & amalfi
02/19/2015 azamara journey copacabana to biscayne bay voyage
05/27/2015 ncl epic western mediterranean
11/28/2015 oceania marina southern seas
04/15/2016 millennium hawaii
05/29/2016 msc preziosa western mediterranean
08/19/2016 azamara journey weekend getaway
08/24/2016 ncl epic western mediterranean
10/24/2016 azamara journey arabian gulf & emirates
09/12/2016 trollfjord southbound
02/05/2017 constellation vietnam & philippines
06/28/2017 westerdam adriatic dream
10/29/2017 msc meraviglia western mediterranean
#18
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
152 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hello, we have just booked this cabin. I'm happy to see the bigger balcony. Did you find the room darker because of it and was it noisy at all (in the halls). Thank you!