new prohibited item list

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:09 AM.
#2
Virginia
791 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Firearms (i.e., non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

uh what about firearms that actually fire...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#3
19,482 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not exceed 700 watts and should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

LOL! Who's is going to determine if they pose a fire hazard Boy that has cover my butt written all over it.........


Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"GOD IS GREAT, BEER IS GOOD AND PEOPLE ARE CRAZY"
#4
Shatnerstan
25,064 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by Kurbanfan
• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not exceed 700 watts and should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

LOL! Who's is going to determine if they pose a fire hazard Boy that has cover my butt written all over it.........


Clean out the dust bunnies and make sure the cord is broken or frayed and you should be fine.
#5
Virginia
791 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Kurbanfan
• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not exceed 700 watts and should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

LOL! Who's is going to determine if they pose a fire hazard Boy that has cover my butt written all over it.........

I would guess if someone had a hairdryer with electrical tape wrapped around the cord they would maybe flag that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#6
Fort Worth, TX
357 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.


Back to the fan and power strip issue....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean Navigator June 2014
Carnival Liberty July 2012
Carnival Victory June 2012
Carnival Triumph January 2012
Carnival Conquest May 2011
Carnival Victory May 2010
Carnival Conquest November 2009
Carnival Ecstasy March 2009
Carnival Ecstasy Oct 2008
#8
Virginia
791 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
To easily cover this I would think if you bought a power strip new and kept it in its original wrapping til you borded they couldnt really say anything?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#9
Spring Texas
208 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by Aknot
To easily cover this I would think if you bought a power strip new and kept it in its original wrapping til you borded they couldnt really say anything?
That might work but I really can't buy a new hair dryer and straightener every time I cruise.

this is starting to get kinda silly
#10
19,482 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by Aknot
I would guess if someone had a hairdryer with electrical tape wrapped around the cord they would maybe flag that.

And oh that one looks like it is 800 watts because it has a black handle
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"GOD IS GREAT, BEER IS GOOD AND PEOPLE ARE CRAZY"
#11
Clearwater, FL
197 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
The best thing on the prohibitited Items list....Heely's. I hate those shoes kids weeving in and out on them

But how can they prohibit medical mary jane if it is prescribed
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature





Carnival Victory 2003
Carnival Inspiration 2006
Carnival Glory Dec 2007
Carnival Liberty Dec 2008
Carnival Dream Oct 2010
Carnival Breeze March 2013
#12
Spring Texas
208 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by Aknot
Firearms (i.e., non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

uh what about firearms that actually fire...
I guess you can take those...no ammo though. Sorry
#13
Virginia
791 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Kurbanfan
And oh that one looks like it is 800 watts because it has a black handle
Dont forget the turbo button. Dont most Hair dryers present the wattage on the side? Military cut so I cant remember the last time I used a hair dryer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#14
19,482 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by M&Mtime
The best thing on the prohibitited Items list....Heely's. I hate those shoes kids weeving in and out on them

But how can they prohibit medical mary jane if it is prescribed
Because once the ship leaves.......you are under Federal law......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"GOD IS GREAT, BEER IS GOOD AND PEOPLE ARE CRAZY"
#15
669 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Who knew that taking a vacation would become such a chore? They want you to dress up and be all beautiful for the photos to purchase and then tell you that you can't bring on the tools to do it with??? ***??? Back to the condo at the beach. Have to cook & clean, but I'm a pretty darn good cook and have lots of help in the cleaning department. I can also bring all the extension cords, hair dryers, George Formans, etc. I can carry and no one gives a rats behind. Don't have to smuggle, just tote it right on in, and if I were so inclined, I could bring the not so legal stuff at my own risk. Not to mention the beach, 24/7.

I grew up a long time ago and don't need someone to 'big brother' me. I have a mom, and that's enough.
#16
Cambridge, MN
957 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Darn it all! All of my safety items for walking the streets of New York are now banned.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2/1993 Carnival Holiday
1/2007 Carnival Ecstasy
2/2007 Carnival Ecstasy
1/2011 Carnival Destiny
6/2011 Carnival Ecstasy
1/2012 Carnival Miracle
2/2013 Carnival Liberty




#17
19,482 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by Aknot
Dont forget the turbo button. Dont most Hair dryers present the wattage on the side? Military cut so I cant remember the last time I used a hair dryer.
Actually I was talking about my curling iron......but I just looked at both of my hair dryers.........and now I know why Carnivals don't work very well
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"GOD IS GREAT, BEER IS GOOD AND PEOPLE ARE CRAZY"
#19
Illinois/here and there/Florida
70 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
If it looks like crap or junk or in disrepair or we have a problem kicking breakers we're gonna junk it and save you from burning your house down when you go home. Sounds like a plan to me. The most upset have been the people who have purchased quality items for those same reasons and I would expect they would agree with this policy. I certainly don't want to be on a burning ship-I don't swim well. Yeah we're covering our A$$ and yours also-Thank you not required.
Oh just reread that I guess you have the unalienable right to burn your house down as they will give it back to you-Get some wieners and marshmallows and have a great post cruise party.


HAPPY SAILS TO YOU!!
#20
Carrollton, TX
25,754 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by M&Mtime
The best thing on the prohibitited Items list....Heely's. I hate those shoes kids weeving in and out on them

But how can they prohibit medical mary jane if it is prescribed
Because it is legal only in the prescribed state.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature








Official Crazies Auditor