C&A Changes - Positive!

Just off an RCCL ship and discussions with two individuals yielded the following...

The changes will be positive and will include...

1. An upgrading of the coupon book. RCCL has heard the complaints!

2. A restoration of some combinability features... e.g. coupons and onboard booking. Apparantly, the stockholder credit is still being debated.

3. There will be NO CHANGES to the number of cruise credits needed to attain various elite levels.

It all sounded very positive to me!:)

Just off an RCCL ship and discussions with two individuals yielded the following...

2. A restoration of some combinability features... e.g. coupons and onboard booking. Apparantly, the stockholder credit is still being debated.

3. There will be NO CHANGES to the number of cruise credits needed to attain various elite levels.

Excellent!! :)

I would love to see the C & A coupons returned to us again. When they were combined with the Platinum, Diamond, and Plus discounts, that was a fabulous incentive to cruise RCCL. :D

I can dream. ;)

Interesting, let's wait and see. I am just back off the Splendour and the Gold booklets were not as good as preious. The Internet credit was the best option for some web surfing and checking emails. We use the Spa and the 10% was handy but I know a lot of of people don't use that.

At the Spa they automatically added the 15% service charge where as previously it was at the customer's discretion. Even though I have always tipped, if I was not pleased with a service I would like to be able to not reward for so so service.....

So the way to keep people happy, is to remove their benefits, then a couple of years later give them back, and people are so happy, when they still have less than they did 2 years ago:confused:

So the way to keep people happy, is to remove their benefits, then a couple of years later give them back, and people are so happy, when they still have less than they did 2 years ago:confused:

Very interesting observation.

Interesting, let's wait and see. I am just back off the Splendour and the Gold booklets were not as good as preious. The Internet credit was the best option for some web surfing and checking emails. We use the Spa and the 10% was handy but I know a lot of of people don't use that.

At the Spa they automatically added the 15% service charge where as previously it was at the customer's discretion. Even though I have always tipped, if I was not pleased with a service I would like to be able to not reward for so so service.....

I've seen this before however have never experienced it. Does it vary by ship? My last cruise was on Navigator in April & I looked very carefully before signing the charge. Although I have a tendency to over tip, I don't want to be taken advantage of...............

Very interesting observation.

Thus is the nature of negotiations with the public. I mean when I make a deal with a vendor, I negotiate directly. It is not feasible for RCI to negotiate in a direct manner with each customer. Therefore since they are attempting to maximize profits, they are forced to negotiate in this manner. It is not evil, mean-spirited or intentionally deceitful. When you buy a car how often do you get the best price as soon as you talk to the salesperson?

jc

SCREAM!!!!! But this is the ONE combined benefit i WANT!!!!!! :mad: :( Ugh!

Gina

Wow! That isn't right. I would be inclined to go to guest relations and have it removed for so so service - which I've had. I tipped anyway when it wasn't so great but more like $10 which is less than 15%.

Gina

Let's see how many pages of anticipated changes we can total up by Tuesday.

So far, I like what I have read...........but would like to see the OBC from Shareholder Benefits being reinstated. I would like the choice of being able to be given the chance to decide what type of OBC I want for my cruise.

Let's see how many pages of anticipated changes we can total up by Tuesday.

So far, I like what I have read...........but would like to see the OBC from Shareholder Benefits being reinstated. I would like the choice of being able to be given the chance to decide what type of OBC I want for my cruise.

I am a little confused. When we have to possibility of several OBCs don't we already have the ability to choose the one that gives us the most credit?

My guess is we'll get more free Internet minutes. A free bag of laundry. The free drink coupon will return. As will the combining of some benefits which were eliminated. Enjoy all the good news while you can. January is right around the corner. :)

I am a little confused. When we have to possibility of several OBCs don't we already have the ability to choose the one that gives us the most credit?

You're are soooo right........I didn't phrase that correctly.:o Only had one cup of coffee this morning.

I think what I meant to say is that I would like to be given the chance to have the choice to be able to select two benefits, one to be applied to my booking (balcony discount, C&A Savings Cert) and one to be applied as an OBC (OBC from booking on board or from being a Shareholder).

Because I am still new to RCCL. How do you earn cruise credits and how do you know what the various elite levels are?? Can someone help me here. Thanks.

Archived