Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Backstreet Boys Cruise

Hello all. I unfortunately did not sign up for th BSB Cruise but am booking a cabin on my own to save a lot of money and wondered if any of you knew where they would be putting the actual Backstreet Boys. I wasnt sure if the Carnival Destiny had Owners Suites that they would be put in, if they would block off the Spa deck or if they would be put in the Grand Suites on the Empress Deck. If any of you have ever been on a cruise where there are famous people do you have any insight as to where they stayed? Thanks so much. Any information would be helpfull.

Old June 4th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cketz1 View Post
Hello all. I unfortunately did not sign up for th BSB Cruise but am booking a cabin on my own to save a lot of money and wondered if any of you knew where they would be putting the actual Backstreet Boys. I wasnt sure if the Carnival Destiny had Owners Suites that they would be put in, if they would block off the Spa deck or if they would be put in the Grand Suites on the Empress Deck. If any of you have ever been on a cruise where there are famous people do you have any insight as to where they stayed? Thanks so much. Any information would be helpfull.
Really the backstreet boys?Who cares about them the are like such old news like they weren't even that great 10 years ago....maybe if they were actually famous like the Jonas Brothers I would understand!
Carnival Liberty-Western-9/25/10

Carnival Liberty-Western-9/24/11
Ports:
Ochio Rios, Jamica x2
Costa Maya, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico x2
Grand Cayman

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Oh my stars.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM
5,000+ Club

OK, I remember the BS-Boys and love their music, my daughter had all of the CD's when she was younger so I became familiar with their music. Go have a great time; enjoy yourself.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katty891 View Post
Really the backstreet boys?Who cares about them the are like such old news like they weren't even that great 10 years ago....maybe if they were actually famous like the Jonas Brothers I would understand!
Apparently the OP cares, otherwise they wouldn't be asking. How incredibly rude and condescending.

If I wanted to be a total jerk -- much like you -- I would mock your liking of the Jonas Brothers, but I'm assuming you're either a preteen girl who hasn't the sense to know what a rude creature you're being, or a middle-aged woman obsessed with a bunch of teenage boys, which is terminally creepy.

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemurCat View Post
Apparently the OP cares, otherwise they wouldn't be asking. How incredibly rude and condescending.

If I wanted to be a total jerk -- much like you -- I would mock your liking of the Jonas Brothers, but I'm assuming you're either a preteen girl who hasn't the sense to know what a rude creature you're being, or a middle-aged woman obsessed with a bunch of teenage boys, which is terminally creepy.

Hey, I'm Middle-aged. LOL---- I guess this is a bonus when you have teenagers; you get the heads-up on the latest music and fads.

Last edited by FlaGrl4Evr; June 4th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiercouple View Post
Hey, I'm Middle-aged. LOL----
I have nothing against the middle-aged. I'm creeped out by middle-aged women who are obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. It's one of the myriad of things that creep me out.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM
5,000+ Club

I should have added that not to long ago there was a thread about " The Richard Simmons Cruise" lots of folks got a bashing for wanting to be a part of that, SO, just do what you enjoy and don't worry about what other people will think. What's that saying? Different strokes for different folks. Go have a great time!!

I'm still waiting for the Buffett cruise. I want to be a part of that.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
I have nothing against the middle-aged. I'm creeped out by middle-aged women who are obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. It's one of the myriad of things that creep me out.
I know what you are saying, and agree. I remember back when my daughter was younger, we had a neighbor (middle-aged) that went bonkers to win tickets to a Brittany Spears concert!! Way over-the-top. So yes, this is creepy.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

uber Kreepy

Carnival Valor 10/26/14, Celebrity Constellation 1/20/14, Carnival Victory 10/10/13 & 10/14/13, NCL Dawn 11/11/12, NCL Sky 10/1/10, Carnival Victory 4/18/10, NCL Sky 10/30/09, Carnival Splendor 4/26/09, Carnival Destiny 10/30/08 & 11/3/08, Carnival Fantasy 5/12/08, Carnival Liberty 10/13/07, Carnival Ecstasy 5/10/07, Carnival Fantasy 1/8/07, Carnival Valor 5/14/06, Carnival Victory 6/12/05,NCL: SS Norway 06/2000

Last edited by kelz66; June 4th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club

Quote:
I thought being a "Cougar" was socially acceptable these days.

I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

Old June 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Although I could care less about The Back Street Boys or Jonas Brothers, I will point out that BSB has outsold the Jonas Brothers 37 million to 8 million in album sales. That would make BSB far more famous and popular than Jonas Brothers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

I believe the question was....where do the celebs stay when they are on a ship? What section of the ship? Not who is better BSB or Jonas Brothers.
Celebration 2005

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyegirl2004 View Post
I believe the question was....where do the celebs stay when they are on a ship? What section of the ship? Not who is better BSB or Jonas Brothers.
I believe the topic changed when someone got snotty.

As to the OP's question, it depends on the act. I'm pretty sure the Bare Naked Ladies did the entire Bare Naked Cruise on-board. I believe John Mayer did as well. I know some acts will join up with the group for a special concert at one of the ports, so it really depends more on the act than anything else. *IF* the act is on board, expect very heavy security. (I once worked for the fanclub for a rock act. They considered doing something like this, fanclub only cruise but balked at it due to the high cost for the fans as well as the security issues.)

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

I know the NKOTB cruise the guys stayed on the ship so I'd imagine BSB would stay in the owners suite or a couple of suites. Have a blast I wish I could go I may not be a teeny bopper anymore but I still love me some AJ

Past Cruises:

August 24th, 2013 Carnival Fascination

November 15th, 2012 RCCL Explorer of the Seas with family

September 18th, 2011 Norwegian Gem for friends wedding first cruise with our kids

June 8, 2010 Carnival Miracle for Anniversary

June 14, 2005 Carnival Legend for our Honeymoon

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cketz1 View Post
Hello all. I unfortunately did not sign up for th BSB Cruise but am booking a cabin on my own to save a lot of money
OP:

Keep in mind that if you book a cabin on you own, you will NOT be able to attend any of the activities onboard related to the Backstreet Boys. You may not even be able to book a cabin on your own if it's a full ship charter.

In order to participate, you MUST book through the group/travel agency that put the cruise together. You're paying a higher price to book through them because they've added the cost of performances and additional perks.

By the way, I'd rather go on the Backstreet Boys cruise than on the Elvis cruise!

TAPI

Our cruise aboard: Allure of the Seas
Our cruise aboard: Carnival Dream
Our Alaska cruise aboard: Westerdam
Legoland and the Bahamas aboard:Enchantment of the Seas

SAILED:
1981 Cunard Princess / 1982 Cunard Countess / 1984 The Victoria / 1991 Carla Costa / 1993 Monarch of the Seas / 1994 Tropicale / 1996 Royal Majesty / 1998 Viking Serenade / 1999 Dolphin IV / 2000 OceanBreeze / 2000 Carnival Destiny / 2003 Carnival Fascination / 2004 Empress of the Seas / 2005 Carnival Fascination / 2005 Carnival Liberty / 2006 Carnival Imagination / 2006 Carnival Fascination / 2007 Carnival Sensation / 2007 Holiday / 2008 Carnival Liberty / 2009 Carnival Imagination / 2010 Carnival Fascination / 2011 Allure of the Seas / 2011 Carnival Dream / 2013 Westerdam / 2014 Enchantment of the Seas / 2014 Golden Princess

NEXT:

2016 Disney Magic- WESTERN CARIBBEAN

Last edited by Tapi; June 4th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
how old are you? grow up

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYeagersGrl View Post
I know the NKOTB cruise the guys stayed on the ship so I'd imagine BSB would stay in the owners suite or a couple of suites. Have a blast I wish I could go I may not be a teeny bopper anymore but I still love me some AJ
LOL you go girll. AJ is awesome but Nick is my favorite.. and thank you all for sticking up for me regarding the rude Jonas Brothers comment. I dont care for the Jonas Brothers but I would never say something that rude especially if someone is just asking a question trying to get information. I really appreciate all your feedback. I am definitely staying in an inside cabin.. so either on the empress deck across from the Grand Suites or on the Lido deck. Which one do you all recommend? Thanks again

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM
5,000+ Club

Well, curiousity killed the cat, so I googled the Backstreet Boys cruise.

Not only is it true that there IS a Backstreet Boys cruise, but apparently, after all these years, they still have quite a following. It's not until December and it's already sold out!

TAPI

Our cruise aboard: Allure of the Seas
Our cruise aboard: Carnival Dream
Our Alaska cruise aboard: Westerdam
Legoland and the Bahamas aboard:Enchantment of the Seas

SAILED:
1981 Cunard Princess / 1982 Cunard Countess / 1984 The Victoria / 1991 Carla Costa / 1993 Monarch of the Seas / 1994 Tropicale / 1996 Royal Majesty / 1998 Viking Serenade / 1999 Dolphin IV / 2000 OceanBreeze / 2000 Carnival Destiny / 2003 Carnival Fascination / 2004 Empress of the Seas / 2005 Carnival Fascination / 2005 Carnival Liberty / 2006 Carnival Imagination / 2006 Carnival Fascination / 2007 Carnival Sensation / 2007 Holiday / 2008 Carnival Liberty / 2009 Carnival Imagination / 2010 Carnival Fascination / 2011 Allure of the Seas / 2011 Carnival Dream / 2013 Westerdam / 2014 Enchantment of the Seas / 2014 Golden Princess

NEXT:

2016 Disney Magic- WESTERN CARIBBEAN

Old June 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2J View Post
I thought being a "Cougar" was socially acceptable these days.
if they guys are legal it is...LOL

Carnival Valor 10/26/14, Celebrity Constellation 1/20/14, Carnival Victory 10/10/13 & 10/14/13, NCL Dawn 11/11/12, NCL Sky 10/1/10, Carnival Victory 4/18/10, NCL Sky 10/30/09, Carnival Splendor 4/26/09, Carnival Destiny 10/30/08 & 11/3/08, Carnival Fantasy 5/12/08, Carnival Liberty 10/13/07, Carnival Ecstasy 5/10/07, Carnival Fantasy 1/8/07, Carnival Valor 5/14/06, Carnival Victory 6/12/05,NCL: SS Norway 06/2000