RCI to team with CIA for Allure

http://bit . ly/b8bTxY

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4100:6710-royal-caribbean-teams-with-culinary-institute-of-america&catid=78:cruise-news-cruise-business-wire&Itemid=58

Today through June 20, 2010, graduates of The Culinary Institute of America with either a bachelor’s or associate degree, can show off their culinary prowess and creativity by entering the “Allure of the Seas Culinary Challenge” for a shot at the job of a lifetime – a one-year paid contract to be the Chef de Cuisine of 150 Central Park onboard Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, Allure of the Seas. Entrants are required to create an original, signature recipe that could potentially be featured on the menu of 150 Central Park as well as submit a video entry to www.allureoftheseas.com/culinarychallenge demonstrating the preparation of the dish and explaining why they should be chosen as Chef de Cuisine.

That would be a cool contest, sort of like the Next Food Network Star!

I saw CIA in the title and my first thought was "central intelligence agency" not culinary institute. I thought the government had chartered Allure for a minute. :o

Yes, very tricky title, I was thinking the same thing. An RCI spy ship :eek:

I thought the exact same thing!

Yes, very tricky title, I was thinking the same thing. An RCI spy ship :eek:

Exactly, I was envisioning Jason Bourne as cruise director and everything going down hill from there.

Don't you remember the PBS series from a few years ago called "Cooking Secrets of the CIA" they had allot of fun with that title. I used to play Paintball at West Point and at the games they would always advertise that the Barbecue was courtesy of the C.I.A. I have a feeling that this has now become a common source of many jokes.

Besides, what better way to hide a spy on a ship than to dress him up as Shrek?

I totally sent this to my fiance. He is a graduate of the CIA and is a certified executive chef...one step away from the top level...master chef...of which there are 26 in the world (at least as of a few years ago). I tried to talk him into taking his master chef test...but it's given over a period of two weeks in either NYC or California, your choice, and costs, literally, THOUSANDS of dollars :eek:. If he didn't pass it, that'd be a LOT of money to just throw out :(.

Just last night, he made a beef tenderloin with a coffee crust (sounds weird but was actually REALLY good) with a pepper sauce on top, quinoa simmered in beef broth with chopped red and green peppers and freshly steamed broccoli. He makes a MEAN mahimahi with a mango chutney and a wonderful chicken with a pomengranite sauce. And my dad is a big fan of his duck with orange sauce :)

I really lucked out with him ;-) I can cook, but not NEARLY to the extent that he does. He loves to cook. He loves coming up with recipes of his own and experimenting.

I doubt he'd do this, but it's fun to dream :) He could be the chef, and I'd work with the kids :p

Archived