Onboard Credit for Carnival Stockholders

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:27 PM.
#41
Sacramento, California
284 Posts
Joined May 2002
You can also google "Carnival shareholder benefits" which will lead you to the Carnival corporation web page where the terms of the benefits are set forth.
#42
Philadelphia, PA
4,507 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Considering the recent events, the Carnival share price is down around it's 52 week low this morning, which makes a nice buying opportunity, especially for people who cruise the Carnival frequently and want to take advantage of the shareholder benefit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” — A.A. Milne, “Winnie-the-Pooh”
#43
Lexington, KY
56 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Thanks everyone for the heads up on this. I emailed my purchase confirmation to Seabourn and got an immediate response that the credit had been applied to my March cruise.
#44
Sedona, Arizona
1,632 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by Lexcruiser
Thanks everyone for the heads up on this. I emailed my purchase confirmation to Seabourn and got an immediate response that the credit had been applied to my March cruise.
At today's price and on a holding of 100 shares, a $250 OBC is the equivalent of a tax free 8.3% dividend.

And, on top of that, Carnival pays a regular dividend.
#46
The Bush, Oz
1,328 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
G'Day All,

My travel agent advises me that Carnival are rescinding the policy of onboard credits for shareholders effective for sailings after June 30, 2012.

Any comments/info, please?

Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: OzPilotCruiser at gmail dot com
The Travelers' Century Club
First Cruise: October 1948, N'Awlins to Colón, Panama Canal Zone, on the Great White Fleet of the United Fruit Company.
#47
berkshire
1,029 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by ozpilot
G'Day All,

My travel agent advises me that Carnival are rescinding the policy of onboard credits for shareholders effective for sailings after June 30, 2012.

Any comments/info, please?

Cheers

Oh No ! I've just gone and taken advantage of the low rate and bought some before my next cruise in March(2012). When did you hear this ?... anything to do with the recent Costa event

(Just had confirmation that $250 OBC will be added to my onboard account)

Bell Boy
#48
2,008 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by ozpilot
G'Day All,

My travel agent advises me that Carnival are rescinding the policy of onboard credits for shareholders effective for sailings after June 30, 2012.

Any comments/info, please?

Cheers

She's WRONG!

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2012 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.
This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. This benefit is not transferable and cannot be used for casino credits/charges and gratuities charged to your onboard account. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 29, 2012.
#49
The Bush, Oz
1,328 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Seabourntraveller
She's WRONG!

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2012. Reservations must be made by February 29, 2012.
So let me see if I understand you correctly. My travel agent is WRONG - but only by one month?

The program is still being terminated, correct?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: OzPilotCruiser at gmail dot com
The Travelers' Century Club
First Cruise: October 1948, N'Awlins to Colón, Panama Canal Zone, on the Great White Fleet of the United Fruit Company.
#50
2,008 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by ozpilot
So let me see if I understand you correctly. My travel agent is WRONG - but only by one month?

The program is still being terminated, correct?
No not only by a month. The program is only valid for 6 months at a time. The program is NOT being terminated and don't know where your Agent heard that tidbit either.
#51
1,445 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by ozpilot
So let me see if I understand you correctly. My travel agent is WRONG - but only by one month?

The program is still being terminated, correct?
Hi Bill,

LOL, isn't it funny how some people know it all and most of the time know nothing.

I have a letter here from Carnival and I will copy exactly what it says....

"The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2012 and it has not been determined if the program will be extended at this time."

I called Princess benefits dept and they confirmed that at this time the program is only for sailings through July 2012.

So or those who already own the stock for the SBCs it may be a good idea to hold on to it until it is determined if the program will be continued and for those who are thinking about purchasing the stock it may be a good time being as the stock price is at a low. But please know I am not an expert nor a stock broker .

I guess now you know where your travel agent got that tibit - again laughing.
#53
2,110 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
According to the carnivalcorporation.com site, the shareholder credit is valid for sailings through July 31, 2013. Here is a quote from the website:

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2013 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.
This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. This benefit is not transferable and cannot be used for casino credits/charges and gratuities charged to your onboard account. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2013.


Has anyone tried to use it recently? Is it still "in addition" to any other credits you may have like the referral credit? I assume the underlined quote above means "only one shareholder benefit credit" per shareholder occupied stateroom.
#54
1,201 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by marazul
According to the carnivalcorporation.com site, the shareholder credit is valid for sailings through July 31, 2013. Here is a quote from the website:

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2013 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.
This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. This benefit is not transferable and cannot be used for casino credits/charges and gratuities charged to your onboard account. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2013.

Has anyone tried to use it recently? Is it still "in addition" to any other credits you may have like the referral credit? I assume the underlined quote above means "only one shareholder benefit credit" per shareholder occupied stateroom.
Yes, we have. We have the Carnival shareholders OBC for our Sept cruise. It is OBC (based on length of cruise) for the cabin not pp, but is in addition to OBC from the TA's agency and some direct from our TA. It has truned into a nice total!

Don't know how the referral credit is affected, if two unrelated people, each with a separate 100 shares, are sharing a cabin. But sounds like the stateroom would get only one credit.
#55
Sedona, Arizona
1,632 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by marazul
According to the carnivalcorporation.com site, the shareholder credit is valid for sailings through July 31, 2013. Here is a quote from the website:

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2013 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.
This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. This benefit is not transferable and cannot be used for casino credits/charges and gratuities charged to your onboard account. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2013.


Has anyone tried to use it recently? Is it still "in addition" to any other credits you may have like the referral credit? I assume the underlined quote above means "only one shareholder benefit credit" per shareholder occupied stateroom.
We have the shareholder benefit for our September cruise on Odyssey. In addition, we have $300 OBC from Amex. All this is confirmed in writing.

I own 150 Carnival shares which I bought at $30.38/share for $4,667. Not only are they worth more than I paid for them (at today's prices) but I will have received $1,000 in OBC plus ordinary dividends. Sounds like a deal to me.
#56
Beaumont, TX, USA
767 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Is it too soon to apply for the obc for a cruise in Jan. 2013? I would be happy to have all the paperwork done.
#57
Sedona, Arizona
1,632 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by gwinel
Is it too soon to apply for the obc for a cruise in Jan. 2013? I would be happy to have all the paperwork done.
I get my TA to make sure I have the OBC as soon as I pay the deposit. He/she may need a copy of your brokerage statement to prove you own the stock.
#59
Beaumont, TX, USA
767 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Roxburgh
I get my TA to make sure I have the OBC as soon as I pay the deposit. He/she may need a copy of your brokerage statement to prove you own the stock.
Thanks. I will see to it now. I've always scanned it and sent it myself.
#60
3,379 Posts
Joined May 2001
I was under the impression that you had to wait to apply for the credit until after final payment -- our TA has done that for us in the past on HAL and I assume she can also do it for Seabourn. Never had a problem with it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature