Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cruise Air

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old June 14th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Spirit Air - Wait it out or book elsewhere

We've got a flight on Spirit next week. Looks like they are making cancelation announcements day by day, so as of right now they tell me my flight is on schedule for next week and they are not offering any refunds/credit at this time. I understand there are no negotiations taking place so I dont see this ending by next week. So basically they are keeping people in limbo until the last minute and then sending them scrambling for other arrangements. My big dilema is do we wait it out and see what happens (hope/pray this ends and the flight takes place) and then possibly have to scramble for another flight (and probably pay 2-3 times more) or book something else now so we at least know we have a flight but then risk that the original flight isnt cancelled and forfeit that cost. Im so stressed out about it. I hate flying in the first place and now this.
Carnival Triumph - March 2010
Monarch of the Seas - February 2009
Carnival Miracle - June 2008
Majesty of the Seas - March 2002
Voyager of the Seas - May 2001
Carnival Fantasy - January 1999

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am also flying out on Spirit next weekend. I bit the bullet and bought fully refundable tickets on Southwest. It was a lot more expensive than Spirit, but at least we have a backup plan. Good luck!

Old June 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygreyhound View Post
I am also flying out on Spirit next weekend. I bit the bullet and bought fully refundable tickets on Southwest. It was a lot more expensive than Spirit, but at least we have a backup plan. Good luck!

I considered that option. Does "refundable" apply for any reason? Meaning if your Spirit flight is not cancelled you can simple return your Southwest ticket?
Carnival Triumph - March 2010
Monarch of the Seas - February 2009
Carnival Miracle - June 2008
Majesty of the Seas - March 2002
Voyager of the Seas - May 2001
Carnival Fantasy - January 1999

Old June 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswolds View Post
I considered that option. Does "refundable" apply for any reason? Meaning if your Spirit flight is not cancelled you can simple return your Southwest ticket?
I see you have received the same advice I gave you on the other thread you started, where you asked the same question.

Refundable means refundable. Doesn't matter what your reason is. To get a refundable ticket on WN, you are going to have to choose a Business Select fare or an Anytime fare

WN's policy:

Fully Refundable
If you cancel your flight, you are eligible to receive 100% of your ticket value as a refund to your original form of payment. Southwest Travel Funds from a previous reservation that are applied toward a Business Select Fare will be refunded as residual travel funds (RTF) since the RTF would be the original form of payment for the Business Select transaction.

Last edited by 6rugrats; June 14th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.