Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebration Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old June 14th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Just returned, had a great time! Form your own opinion!

Just returned from a wonderful weekend of fun in the sun! I took lots of pictures and will write an extensive review in a few days. Iíll post pics when I figure out how to LOL. We booked directly with the cruise line so I cannot comment on the package deal. We did peek into one of the rooms on the 3rd floor and yes those are small! But one guys said it best: I came here to enjoy the cruise and not stay in my room all day! He had everyone laughing with that one!

Everyone one is entitled to their own opinion and while we were on the ship we got to talk to some great people and overheard some comments of other passengers. Yes, there are a few quirks (the converter situation) but if you do your research ahead of time, you will be prepared.

Yes the ship is not large but it is in good condition. I got on there expecting it to be falling apart and its far from it. There were crew members constantly vacuuming/walking around with red buckets wiping/shining at various times of the day. Our cabin steward was excellent and VERY friendly. We had a few maintenance issues and they were right on it. Even when we needed a few items ironed, housekeeping was at our door in minutes! There were lots of hand sanitizer stations around the ship. Yes the pool is small but that didnít stop people from hopping in there to cool off! The DJ by the pool played a good selection of Caribbean music along with other party music. The ship was not full of young frat brothers. There was a wide mixture of older to younger couples/families/single people. Everyone we encountered in the hallway/elevators was friendly. There were planned activities each day. The shows were good. The DJ at the club needs some improvement but he did play something for everyone. The food selection was good. If you couldnít find something to eat then there is something wrong with you. Also if you didnít like something, get back up and get something else! We had a smooth ride, no rocking back and forth that was commented on here. We had beautiful weather so that might have helped. Only felt the ship vibrating when we were leaving W Palm Beach and the next time was around 1:00am Sunday morning at the club (or it couldíve been everyone on the dance floor LOL). We stayed on the 7th floor and our room (7309) was very spacious. Even the shower was roomy (and Iím a plus sized gal). We had two upper and two lower and while I was worried about sleeping on the top bunk, it was so comfortable. Pillows were nice and soft. All linens were clean, no blood stains and stated in one of the reviews. Clean towels were always provided.

Here are a few answers to the questions I had before I left:

I was only charged for the tips and not for the fuel surcharge. Gift shop prices were decent. Bought liquor for $9.50-12.50 (there were more items that cost a lot more). You can get ice from the pool deck (there is an ice bucket in the room). I was able to bring water(they have 2 water bottles in the room with a price tag of $3.50 on it, you drink it, youíve bought it)/soda and small wine bottles on board without any problems (I made gift bags for the ladies I traveled with). Never tried room service. Picture prices started at approx $20 depending on the size. Got to the port around 12:15 and was on board around 1:00pm. Started exiting the ship around 9:15 and was in our car and on the road at 10:00am (there were people who did not have their passports/ID/forms filled out and that is what held up the line a few times). DO NOT MISS THE ICE CREAM!!!! The best rum raisin Iíve tasted in a long time. The chocolate was good too . Ate dinner in the Rio the first night and loved it. We did have to ask when they were coming around with the meat selection but boy did they bring the meat! I liked everything except the pork. The passion fruit cake was to die for!!!!!!!!(everyone at our table agreed). The second night we ate at the Crystal dining room and it was excellent! No need to pay to eat at the upscale restaurant unless you were celebrating something special. And the majority of the people dressed up (us included)!

Thatís all I can think of right now. Any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by cruisinmisstee; June 14th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Inside room 7309
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1794.jpg (11.4 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by cruisinmisstee; June 15th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

More interior room pics. If anyone knows how to make these bigger, please let me know. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1795.jpg (7.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1796.jpg (8.3 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1797.jpg (8.2 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by cruisinmisstee; June 15th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default room size

was this the 86sf room or the 140sf room?

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Here are a few I took while exploring the ship. Having trouble uploading the rest of them. I'll keep trying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1803.jpg (17.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1822.jpg (14.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1823.jpg (12.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1824.jpg (14.1 KB, 88 views)

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

jcp21: I'll have to check with the person who booked the trip, but there were 4 of us sharing a room and we honestly did not feel crowded.

We joked before we left that a few would have to leave the room in order for the others to get dressed but we all got dressed with no issues. If you're used to staying in the penthouse suite, then this would be a problem.

Last edited by cruisinmisstee; June 15th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

cruisinmisstee: Thanks for the info I'm looking to book for July1 st and it would be me my wife and our dad and I can't decide if we should just get the smaller room and save some money since we are only on the ship for two days.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

cruisinmissteeo you know if there is a rental car company at the port? Also did you talk to anyone did the cruise and nights at the resort. I was thinking of doing the cruise to Freeport and then spending 2 nights at the Lucaya Beach hotel and then cruise back.

Old June 16th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

OP, thanks for posting. I've been curious about this option to get to Grand Bahama instead of flying from south Florida. I may jump on in a few weeks.

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
cruisinmisstee: Thanks for the info I'm looking to book for July1 st and it would be me my wife and our dad and I can't decide if we should just get the smaller room and save some money since we are only on the ship for two days.

I didnít get a chance to peek in the cabins on the other floors so I canít comment on their size. But we were told when we booked that the higher you go up the larger the cabins are. Three people in a cabin on the 3rd floor would be a tight fit. Ours on the 7th floor was ďLĒ shaped which gave us (4 people) more room to move around. We were in the room to sleep/get cleaned up. There were too many things to do/see to sit in the cabin the entire time.

Quote:
Cruisinmisstee: Do you know if there is a rental car company at the port? Also did you talk to anyone did the cruise and nights at the resort. I was thinking of doing the cruise to Freeport and then spending 2 nights at the Lucaya Beach hotel and then cruise back.

We drove our own car. I did not see any car rental signs at the port. If you are flying then there definitely will be car rental agencies at the airport. You can rent a car, then drive to the port. Parking cost us $30 for the weekend. Its valet service so they help you take out your bags, you give them the key and they park it for you. When you return just go to the desk and give them your info. They will then bring the car to the curb, help you put your bags in and thatís it. One of the ladies I traveled with flew in and just took a cab from the airport. If youíre not staying in FL a few days before or after then this might be a better option for you.

Yes I met a few people spending the 2 nights on the island (Hi Bonnie from VA). Our tablemates from AL also chose this option. Please look into the meal options at the resort. They did not research and thought that it was an all inclusive resort so they found out a few days before that meals were not included (they joked thatís why they were eating so much food LOL). I told her about the restaurants that got good reviews in the area and she was grateful for the info. We walked back with a couple who was returning from the island and they said they had a great time at the resort.

Quote:
OP, thanks for posting. I've been curious about this option to get to Grand Bahama instead of flying from south Florida. I may jump on in a few weeks.

I would definitely do it again!

Old June 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

As you can see I LOVE taking pictures. There were lots of great photo ops. I also liked all the little nooks where you could grab a book and sit back and relax (which we saw some of the older couples doing, too cute).

Someone on here mentioned the lounge deck outside of Ocean Breeze Lounge. It was the perfect place to lay out on one of the comfy lounge chairs and take a nap! I laid there staring at the stars and fell asleep, woke up refreshed and ready to dance the night away .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1806.jpg (19.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1821.jpg (15.7 KB, 126 views)

Old June 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

cruisinmisstee: thanks for all the info that was a big help I just need to get the wife to say yes to this cruise line.

Old June 16th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here are a couple pics of our towel friends .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1903.jpg (9.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1904.jpg (9.5 KB, 46 views)

Old June 17th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

You got towel animals? Outrageous! We didn't get towel animals. Haha.

Upcoming:
October 16, Norwegian Gem, 7 days, New York to Bermuda--HONEYMOON!

Past:
Bahamas Celebration, 2 days, Palm Beach to Grand Bahama, April 2010
Norwegian Majesty, 7 days, Baltimore to Bermuda, August 2009
Carnival Inspiration, 4 days, Tampa to Cozumel, July 2007
Carnival Legend, 8 days, New York to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, May 2006
Carnival Pride, 7 days, Long Beach to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, May 2005

Old June 17th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

No towel animals here either!!

Old June 19th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
You got towel animals? Outrageous! We didn't get towel animals. Haha.
No towel animals here either!!
LOL Really? Our cabin stewart was being really nice to us, hmmmmm.

Old June 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinmisstee View Post
I didnít get a chance to peek in the cabins on the other floors so I canít comment on their size. But we were told when we booked that the higher you go up the larger the cabins are. Three people in a cabin on the 3rd floor would be a tight fit. Ours on the 7th floor was ďLĒ shaped which gave us (4 people) more room to move around. We were in the room to sleep/get cleaned up. There were too many things to do/see to sit in the cabin the entire time.

We drove our own car. I did not see any car rental signs at the port. If you are flying then there definitely will be car rental agencies at the airport. You can rent a car, then drive to the port. Parking cost us $30 for the weekend. Its valet service so they help you take out your bags, you give them the key and they park it for you. When you return just go to the desk and give them your info. They will then bring the car to the curb, help you put your bags in and thatís it. One of the ladies I traveled with flew in and just took a cab from the airport. If youíre not staying in FL a few days before or after then this might be a better option for you.

Yes I met a few people spending the 2 nights on the island (Hi Bonnie from VA). Our tablemates from AL also chose this option. Please look into the meal options at the resort. They did not research and thought that it was an all inclusive resort so they found out a few days before that meals were not included (they joked thatís why they were eating so much food LOL). I told her about the restaurants that got good reviews in the area and she was grateful for the info. We walked back with a couple who was returning from the island and they said they had a great time at the resort.

I would definitely do it again!

After reading your post I feel much better about taking my trip on Aug 08 I also booked the resort after I booked they told me no meals are included .Do you have any names of restaurants that we could go to for our meals.Any info would be appreciated.

Old June 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Do you have any names of restaurants that we could go to for our meals.Any info would be appreciated.
I have all my info at home, I can send you the info later. Someone just commented on another thread about a great "local restaurant" on the beach where they make the conch fritters right there. I think they are talking about Billie Joes which is where we had lunch and I would highly recommend it. They also served burgers/fish/lobster etc. The prices were pretty reasonable.

On the resort we saw the following restaurants: China Beach and The Prop Club. Didn't get a chance to check those out but they are right there if you do not want to go far.

Old June 21st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinmisstee View Post
I have all my info at home, I can send you the info later. Someone just commented on another thread about a great "local restaurant" on the beach where they make the conch fritters right there. I think they are talking about Billie Joes which is where we had lunch and I would highly recommend it. They also served burgers/fish/lobster etc. The prices were pretty reasonable.

On the resort we saw the following restaurants: China Beach and The Prop Club. Didn't get a chance to check those out but they are right there if you do not want to go far.

Please forward me any info. to my email s.cost@sympatico.ca Thank you for your time.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Does anyone else have any info on this littel place on the beach is only open on wed when the fish fry is ope or is it open every day, also where is it located?? Thanks!!
Bahamas Celabration 23-sep-2009, Navigator Of The Seas 05-Mar-2009, Sovereign Of The Seas 20-Oct-2008, Enchantment Of The Seas 11-Sep-2008, Regal Empress 8-Sep-2008, Sovereign Of The Seas 06-Nov-2006, Adventure Of The Seas 28-Aug-2005, Adventure Of The Seas 14-Jul-2002, Majesty Of The Seas 04-Dec-2000,
Majesty Of The Seas 02-Aug-1998