How much soda can you bring on board?

And just to confirm...you can carry it on openly, right?

Before, we've always tucked it in between our clothes the the suitcase, but I would really like to avoid the surprise of opening up the suitcase hoping that one of the cans didn't explode.

Could DH and I each carry on a 12 pack of soda and get away with it?

Thanks for the help!

MoreCruisesNow -- An adult soda card costs $42 plus tax and automatic gratuity (for a one-week cruise). A 12-pack of sodas (plenty for me in a week) costs about $2.50; thus, the "whining" about soda prices is a bit more than the $10 stated in your post - bringing sodas onboard saves more like $40 per person. Multiply that times a family, and it's starting to look like real money, isn't it?

No, MrsPete, it stills looks like real tacky to me.

Like taking your own soda into a restaurant, because they charge so much!

Or try doing it at a ball park!

I'm sorry. I'm normally a very considerate and gentle person, but people strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

The rules say no beverages may be brought on board.

Wait, I was confused...the rules are meant for everyone but you!

No, MrsPete, it stills looks like real tacky to me.

Like taking your own soda into a restaurant, because they charge so much!

Or try doing it at a ball park!

I'm sorry. I'm normally a very considerate and gentle person, but people strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Wait, I was confused...the rules are meant for everyone but you!

Yeah what he said.

Can you please direct me to the actual web page that shows that rule? I can't seem to find it on RCI's web site.

Also, last I knew RCI didn't have caffiene free soda available so purchasing it from them is not an option available for me.

Actually, I don't have time to search the website right now, and it may not even be on there...

However, I can quote directly from a brochure I have handy:

"The Royal Caribbean International beverage policy is as follows: Any guest boarding a Royal Caribbean vessel with alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages will be asked to comply with our collection policy upon embarkation. The goods are stored on our vessels and returned to our guests on the last night of the voyage." (p. A28 2005-2006 Travel Agent Guide)

No, I am not a travel agent - just happen to have one handy.

Gosh...they don't stock (name your poison) - that's a good excuse to break the rules!

Nearly every contract you sign has a clause that says one party's failure to enforce a clause of the contract will not void that clause.

It's nice that RCI doesn't confiscate soda, but it is just as wrong as can be to say or imply that bringing it onboard is permitted.

But can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth the first time that heartless corporate beast confiscated someone's Diet Dr. Pepper?

That would strain the old CC server!

My Cruise Documents match the RCI web site, limiting the carry-on beverage restrictions to alcoholic beverages. If anyone has any doubts, be sure to ask RCI directly.

Sound advice. And personally, I wouldn't be bothered lugging around a bunch of soda. It IS a tad tacky. Stash a 12 pack in your luggage if you must.

However, I can quote directly from a brochure I have handy:

"The Royal Caribbean International beverage policy is as follows: Any guest boarding a Royal Caribbean vessel with alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages will be asked to comply with our collection policy upon embarkation. The goods are stored on our vessels and returned to our guests on the last night of the voyage." (p. A28 2005-2006 Travel Agent Guide)

... and we all know how accurate travel agents info can be.... LOL:D

If RCI was concerned about the carrying on of soda they would address it on the official web site and/or in their brochures right along with the alcohol policy.

I carried on a 12 pack of Pepsi and was never stopped to have it "stored".

This just gets better and better...

"If the rule REALLY applied to me then it would be on the website."

"If they really cared, they would confiscate my Diet Dr. Pepper and cause a riot at the pier."

I'm an old fellow. I try to follow the rules. If I don't like the rules or can't follow them, I just won't buy/do/whatever the thing with those rules.

But I hope I never sit and whine and offer excuses about why the rules couldn't possibly apply to me because...(see all the reasons above).

At least be brave enough to say that you just don't care about the rules because you're going to do what you want to do.

I have both a cat and a grand daughter who feel exactly as you do!

Flame on!

These folks who will carry on soda to save $10 are the same ones who whine about RCI 'nickle and diming' them to death!

If you stay home, you can put as much soda as you want in your fridge!!!

I would "flame on", but this is an obvious troll attempt.

-Monte

Yeah, true, Monte. It was getting obvious. Brand-new member, making an outrageous assertion that no one else coroborated, quoting a reference that none of the travel agents on the board has quoted, etc.

No, Monte, not at all.

Just a frustration with the folks who spend endless amounts of time complaining about being 'nickled and dimed' to death...

and with the next breath wonder how to break the rules to save a buck.

I've never had anyone on board force me to buy something after I said no...

and I proudly pay for my couple of Diet Cokes a day.

What's so tough or trollish about that?

Flame on!

These folks who will carry on soda to save $10 are the same ones who whine about RCI 'nickle and diming' them to death!

If you stay home, you can put as much soda as you want in your fridge!!!

Let's see your first words were "Flame on!" Sure looks like a troll to me. BTW-please teach your cat and granddaughter to post. They sound like they know what they're talking about.

I haven't used the ignore button for some time. Think I'll go find it again.

Cool, it still works!

-Monte

and I proudly pay for my couple of Diet Cokes a day.
As did I.
What's so tough or trollish about that?
(In case you were really asking...) You're relatively new, with only 13 prior messages posted. You're making an assertion that there is a rule which isn't communicated to passengers, and for which some members have actually gotten confirmation from RCI truly doesn't exist. No one else has corroborated what you've claimed. And, to top it off, you're exhibiting a bit of bravado about yoru assertion.

And now my two cents. I personally sent RCCL an email regarding bringing on my own H2O. In in a very timely matter I received an email back saying, that YES I could bring on my own bottled water or soda but, if I had a bottle of the hard stuff, well, I would be charged the corkage fee. So, on The Legend of the Seas, I wheeled in my bottled water. Not a tremendous amount but probably a dozen bottles. I also purchased the soda card and probably had four sodas in a week. Oh, well... Not complaining just stating it as it was for me.

Barb

Archived