Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old June 25th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Drink prices on the Spirit

Me and my husband will be traveling the Spirit in July, what are the average drink prices and the cost of beers. Neither of us really plan of having many drinks during the day, but we may have a few in the evening. Can anyone give me an idea of what they are charging?
Thanks

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Plan on $6.50-9.00 for a mixed drink, and about $5 for a beer.

Old June 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Best Buy is the bucket of beer.
Buy 5 get one free for about $28 (depending on what kind of beer you get).

I paid $7 for a margarita.

If you want to save even more, get a bottle for your cabin through the NCL. Bring the mixers on board w/ you (and cups). We did this and ended up having $4.50 margaritas.

Carnival Freedom 12/26/2010
Bermuda Norwegian Spirit 6/11/2010
Disney Wonder 8/08

Old July 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Paid $5.50 plus 15% for a glass of wine. Think frozen drinks were around $6.00.

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

DH always finds a way to get that bucket of beer...LOL On our April repo it was buy 5 get one free at first, then became buy 4 get 2 free (bar business may have been slow)...what a deal!! At Henry's Pub say hi to Goose.

My personal favorite were the 2 for 1 martinis at Champagne Charlie's...every evening 5:00 to 7:00. Any and all varieties, but both had to be the same. Bring a friend and share. I believe they are still doing it, looking forward to our Sept. cruise!! At Champagne Charlie's say hi to Gede!!

40 Cruises Completed...and counting

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

When you buy 5 get 6 deal do they open them all at the bar or can you stash some in your room for later

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatters1985 View Post
When you buy 5 get 6 deal do they open them all at the bar or can you stash some in your room for later
Just checked with my DH. He said they will open them all, but you can ask them not to...just remember, they are not twist-offs, so bring a bottle opener with you, there may not be one in your cabin!!

40 Cruises Completed...and counting

Old July 5th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
You'll see folks carrying their bucket around with them and also taken to the room. If you're a Miller or Bud drinker they usually have the 16 ounce screw cap bottles, same price as the other 12 ounce stuff. Like getting 8 for the price of 5...if I did the math right. The bucket requires a $5 deposit that you get back when bucket returned to any bar station.

Old July 5th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
They no longer open any unless you ask. The new buckets come with a small opener attached so you can open them when you want to. My DH brought the bucket back to the cabin and we filled it with ice so that I could also chill my wine (yes, I paid the corkage ). Just remember that there is a $5.00 deposit on the bucket that will be credited to your account when you return it.
SS Britanis - 1986 / Disney Wonder 2004 - Bahamas / Carnival Triumph 2006 - Western / Norwegian Spirit 2007 - Bahamas / Norwegian Dawn 2008 - Eastern / MSC Orchestra 2009 - Western / HAL Maasdam 2009 - Canada-NE / Emerald Princess 2010 - Eastern / Norwegian Spirit 2010 Bermuda / Norwegian Gem 2011 - Bermuda / Norwegian Dawn 2011 - Cruise to Nowhere / Carnival Dream 2012 - Western / Norwegian Star 2012 - Bermuda / Celebrity Reflection 2013 - Eastern / Carnival Splendor 2014 - Bahamas / Caribbean Princess 2014 - Western

Last edited by Sandyrella; July 5th, 2010 at 03:47 PM.