A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

After waiting over 2 years to sail with our group the day finally came. We arrived a little early in Port Canaveral so I planned to get a pedicure and manicure before heading to the hotel. I went to a place called Diva nail salon. It’s in a Publix shopping center not too far from the Ron Jon store. They did an awesome job. I felt truly pampered.

Dream120.jpg

We stayed at the Radisson the night before. I have to say that this is a really nice hotel. My girls really enjoyed the pool area. It was a beautiful pool with waterfalls. The Jacuzzi was pretty nice as well. But, it was kind of hot during the day to hang out there. Many of our group had dinner at Zachary’s which was a restaurant next store. It was very convenient, but crowded. It took a while to get seated because of our large group, but we didn’t mind.

Dream006.jpg

Dream007.jpg

Dream011.jpg

Of course I woke up early because I was so excited. You would think with the sleep number beds I would have slept like a baby, but I did not. I have to say that we were extremely excited to see the ship in the distance when we left the room to go to breakfast. The girls and I went to Zachary’s again. The food was really good. But, the biscuit I had was awesome. Our group was scheduled for an 11:00 shuttle. Since this was my first Platinum status I decided to head to the port at 10:00 in a taxi. The cost of the taxi was $11. I gave a $2 tip. The taxi driver seemed to go extremely slow. But, since I was so anxious to board the ship I figured that part of that could be my imagination.

We arrived at the port around 10:30. We went straight to the Platinum room, which was nice. Then we were seated in the Platinum area. We were told that we would board between 11:00 and 11:15. They were right on the money because we boarded the ship at 11:00. We were done eating, and hanging out at the pool at 11:30.

Dream015.jpg

Dream016.jpg

Dream017.jpg

Dream018.jpg

Dream019.jpg

Dream020.jpg

Great begining:) The girls sure are growing up fast. I loved the Dream when I was on her in Dec.

Keep it coming:D

Thanks! Yes, they are growing up fast. :( I wish they'd slow down a bit. More will be coming shortly. I'm still working on laundry. I've gotten 5 loads done. I believe I still have 2 more to go.

I love reading your reviews. Thanks for taking us along. We leave on the Dream a week from today and I can't wait. Looking forward to seeing all of your pictures before we go.

You have laundry? Didn't you use the free laundry service with your Platinum status?

The pics are great. We are scheduled next month and I am staying at the Radisson in one of the whirlpool suites..How was your room I have read mixed reviews and I am a bit uneasy about the hotel..Looking into the Country Inn and Suites..any pics of the hotel room.

Thank you

The pics are great. We are scheduled next month and I am staying at the Radisson in one of the whirlpool suites..How was your room I have read mixed reviews and I am a bit uneasy about the hotel..Looking into the Country Inn and Suites..any pics of the hotel room.

Thank you

See the link below for our Dream cruise. We had a jacuzzi suite at the Radisson and I took lots of pictures of it.

Your pedicure looks great! I love the picture and you have beautiful kids.

I had a great time on the Dream when I went in February.

since u went in feb what the weather like and the water temp //// yes the pictures r great i just cant wait for my turn in febuary i,m glad to here they r great with it will be my 7 year old first cruise thanks again

Thank you

My room wasn't the greatest. But, if you have one of the whirlpool suites you'll be fine. Those of you getting a regular room should ask for one of the rooms in the new building. I've heard those are wonderful.

I was jealous when I saw that you already had laundry done!!!!We just got off this morning also and drove 14 and a half hours to get home...For some reason' date=' I can't seem to remove my hind end from the recliner!!!lol:):)I remember seeing your girls on the ship somewhere...They are cuties!!![/quote']

I'm not quite done with the laundry. I have a couple of more loads to do, but it's almost done.

Thanks for the compliment on my girls. I'm sure they were all over the ship. They really enjoyed themselves. I gave them more freedom then they've had before since they were both able to sign themselves out. So, we set meeting times and places. This way I could check in on them. :)

I love reading your reviews. Thanks for taking us along. We leave on the Dream a week from today and I can't wait. Looking forward to seeing all of your pictures before we go.

You have laundry? Didn't you use the free laundry service with your Platinum status?

On the Dream they only let you do one bag of laundry. Those bags are pretty small, so there was no way all the laundry would have been done. :)

I'm sorry that I didn't continue with the review yesterday. I was pretty tired. But, I'll write some more today.

I'll start with the first day in the afternoon:

We were very excited when the time came to check out the cabin. We were in a cove balcony, and I have to say that it did not disappoint. Our room was on the port side, so when docked in Port Canaveral we had views of the dock. This was fine since we had fantastic views in St. Thomas and St. Martin.

Pics of the room:

Dream026.jpg

Dream027.jpg

Dream028.jpg

Dream029.jpg

Dream030.jpg

Dream031.jpg

After we dropped off our carry on luggage we went to explore the ship. The ship decorations were very calm compared to other Carnival ships. Although the chandeliers in the Burgundy lounge made me think of red octopi. LOL!

Dream038.jpg

Dream039.jpg

Dream040.jpg

Dream045.jpg

Dream046.jpg

Dream047.jpg

We are Platinum and sent 3 bags of laundry on the Dream and all was done - no charge. The only time I know of that they restrict this is when they have so many Platinum cruisers it becomes impossible to do multi bags for all. I read somewhere on these boards that it was restricted to 1 bag on one of the European cruises due to there being something like 600 Platinum cruisers aboard (not sure of that number). The only difference we saw on this cruise from the others we have sent Platinum laundry was, most of the time, you give it to them in the morning and it is back by evening. On the Dream we gave it in the morning and it was not back until the following day in the evening. That was no problem for us and probably had to do with volume, but we were not restricted on how many times or bags we could send.

I received a letter stating that we could only do one bag. I guess there were a lot of platinum on this sailing, but I didn't really see too many people with the platinum S&S cards.

Archived