Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:33 PM
antman455 antman455 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 5
Question can you buy a liquor bottle on a cruise?

I know you can bring one bottle per cruise which sucks. But I was wondering do they sell full size Liquor bottle on The ship? If so how much it will be? I will be taking a cruise on carnival glory. Hopefully they have a small abc store or something like it. I have heard the bars cost too much for drinks. hope to hear from some one.
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
kujobie's Avatar
kujobie kujobie is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 5,273
Default

Good info here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
__________________
"I'll take the deck of a ship any time"
-Jimmy Buffett

Jubilee..May 2001 5 day west
Sensation...May 2003 5 day west
Glory...April 2004 7 day east
Inspiration...April 2005 5 day west
Miracle...April 2006 7 day west wedding/honeymoon
Imagination...January 2007 5 day west
Valor...April 2007 7 day east
Inspiration...September 2008 4 day west
Inspiration...January 2009 4 day west
Legend...September 2009 7 day west
Legend...September 2010 7 day west
Dream...September 2011 7 day east
Liberty...September 2013 7 day east
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
conchead's Avatar
conchead conchead is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman455 View Post
I know you can bring one bottle per cruise which sucks. But I was wondering do they sell full size Liquor bottle on The ship? If so how much it will be? I will be taking a cruise on carnival glory. Hopefully they have a small abc store or something like it. I have heard the bars cost too much for drinks. hope to hear from some one.
That is one bottle of wine

You can order liquor through Bon Voyage dept by phone.
They say you can order through room service, but I
don't know if it is available on all ships or not.
__________________
Carnival Elation 10/06/12 .Mobile
Carnival Elation /7/30/11 .Mobile
Carnival Elation ..7/26/10 .Mobile
Carnival Triumph 1/23/10 New Orleans
Carnival Fantasy 3/21/09 New Orleans

MemphisConchead@aol.com
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:40 PM
LadyDi57's Avatar
LadyDi57 LadyDi57 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 129
Default

Antman - You need to call the Bon Voyage dept and they will have it in your cabin when you board. Here is the price list and phone number.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10
__________________________________________________ __
Rums:
Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.
Malibu $55
__________________________
Vodkas:
Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40
Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60
__________________________
Gin:
Beefeater $40
Slow Gin $40
Bombay Sapphire $55
__________________________
Canadian Whiskeys:
Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38
Crown Royal and Jamison $55
___________________________
Scotch:
Dewar’s $60
Chivas Regal $60
Johnny Walker/Black $70
___________________________
Bourbon:
Jack Daniels $65
Maker’s Mark $60
Jim Beam $38
___________________________
Tequila:
1800 - $55
Margaritaville $40
Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60
Patron Silver $70
___________________________
After Dinner:
Raspberry Liquor $40
Frangelico $45
Jagermeister $60
Chambord $60
Limoncello $60
___________________________
Amaretto:
Disaronna $45
___________________________
Brandy
Courvoisier $55
Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40
___________________________

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

___________________________
Beer:
Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75
Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95
Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95
Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95
Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz
Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95
Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same [/font][/color]price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
rob111 rob111 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10
Default

This is great information. I never would have known being a first time cruiser and with the liquor information not on the Carnival website.

Just called them and the Vodka prices you quoted are still accurate (June 10/2011). Great deal compared to the crazy prices I'm sure they charge for a 1 oz. mixed drink. Likely $5 or $6 an ounce buying by the drink but about $1.10 an ounce getting the bottle waiting in your room.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
H82seaUgo's Avatar
H82seaUgo H82seaUgo is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: M.S. EARTH
Posts: 10,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman455 View Post
I know you can bring one bottle per cruise which sucks. But I was wondering do they sell full size Liquor bottle on The ship? If so how much it will be? I will be taking a cruise on carnival glory. Hopefully they have a small abc store or something like it. I have heard the bars cost too much for drinks. hope to hear from some one.
wrong. you can not bring a bottle of liquor on board. you can bring wine on board.

yes, you can buy liquor on board, but not to consume. they will hold it till the end.

not that you asked, but you can set yourself up before the cruise by ordering bon voyage liquor. a bit pricey, but cheaper than buying drink by drink.

or, you can smuggle a sealed bottle. worse that will happen is they will hold it while you sail till the end if they detect it.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
trptplayer22's Avatar
trptplayer22 trptplayer22 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air,MD
Posts: 860
Default

I had my bottle of Seagrams waiting for me in my room, I ordered thru Bon Voyage. I'm not a big drinker anyway and then I took my six pack of GingerAle on in my cooler. Doing the same thing this year. Bottle wasn't as cheap as a local store but cheaper than the bars onboard.
__________________
Bob and Mary
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
misstopgun misstopgun is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi57 View Post
Antman - You need to call the Bon Voyage dept and they will have it in your cabin when you board. Here is the price list and phone number.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10
__________________________________________________ __
Rums:
Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.
Malibu $55
__________________________
Vodkas:
Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40
Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60
__________________________
Gin:
Beefeater $40
Slow Gin $40
Bombay Sapphire $55
__________________________
Canadian Whiskeys:
Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38
Crown Royal and Jamison $55
___________________________
Scotch:
Dewar’s $60
Chivas Regal $60
Johnny Walker/Black $70
___________________________
Bourbon:
Jack Daniels $65
Maker’s Mark $60
Jim Beam $38
___________________________
Tequila:
1800 - $55
Margaritaville $40
Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60
Patron Silver $70
___________________________
After Dinner:
Raspberry Liquor $40
Frangelico $45
Jagermeister $60
Chambord $60
Limoncello $60
___________________________
Amaretto:
Disaronna $45
___________________________
Brandy
Courvoisier $55
Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40
___________________________

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

___________________________
Beer:
Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75
Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95
Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95
Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95
Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz
Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95
Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same [/font][/color]price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service
Except in Galveston. It will be delivered to your room the second day due to Texas liquor laws.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM
greg8717 greg8717 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default Bon Voyage

can you order bottle of liquor for bon voyage on carnival splendor
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:14 PM
psucruiser11 psucruiser11 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trptplayer22 View Post
I had my bottle of Seagrams waiting for me in my room, I ordered thru Bon Voyage. I'm not a big drinker anyway and then I took my six pack of GingerAle on in my cooler. Doing the same thing this year. Bottle wasn't as cheap as a local store but cheaper than the bars onboard.
Did the same thing for Saturday coming up. 1L bottle of Beefeater was $40, which is about $10 more than local stores. Considering I would have to buy rum runners and then pack them and worry, etc, it was worth the extra $15. On the ship $15 will buy you ~2 drinks!

I figure with about 22 shots in a 1L bottle, the bottle has a shipboard value of ~$150 if they're pouring legitimate shots at 1 shot/$7 drink.

I drink gin at home anyway, so I can pick up a bottle of the good stuff at the duty free shop and it probably works out about even ($15 extra on liquor for boat, $15 off bottle at duty free).

Last edited by psucruiser11; June 29th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM
psucruiser11 psucruiser11 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8717 View Post
can you order bottle of liquor for bon voyage on carnival splendor
Yeah, just call the number with your name and booking number. Took me about 6 mins.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Bibble's Avatar
Bibble Bibble is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SouthEast Florida
Posts: 1,089
Default

You can order ahead or onboard through guest services.
But I did find out that if you wait until you're onboard, you pay the 15% gratuity on it. For a $60 bottle of Grey Goose that would have been $9! So we ordered ahead of time...
__________________
9/2014....Carnival Victory
5/2014.....MSC Divina
---------------------------------------
11/2013..Carnival Glory
9/2013....Carnival Paradise - #10!!! I made it!
1/2013.....Carnival Imagination
11/2012...Carnival Breeze

10/2012...Norwegian Pearl
9/2012.....Carnival Destiny
11/2011..Carnival Inspiration
6/2011....Carnival Destiny
6/2011....Bahamas Celebration
5/2011....Carnival Imagination
11/2010..Carnival Imagination
5/2010....Bahamas Celebration
9/2010....Carnival Liberty
11/2009..Carnival Imagination
6/2009.....Norwegian Sky
8/2008.....Enchantment of the Seas
5/2008.....Majesty of the Seas
9/2001.....Discovery Sun
8/1999.....Discovery Sun
9/1992.....Nordic Prince
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
elcuchio24 elcuchio24 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psucruiser11 View Post
Did the same thing for Saturday coming up. 1L bottle of Beefeater was $40, which is about $10 more than local stores. Considering I would have to buy rum runners and then pack them and worry, etc, it was worth the extra $15. On the ship $15 will buy you ~2 drinks!

I figure with about 22 shots in a 1L bottle, the bottle has a shipboard value of ~$150 if they're pouring legitimate shots at 1 shot/$7 drink.

I drink gin at home anyway, so I can pick up a bottle of the good stuff at the duty free shop and it probably works out about even ($15 extra on liquor for boat, $15 off bottle at duty free).
Yep, I always get Beefeater too, gin drinkers get off cheap! I love how a liter of Gin is $40, and Malibu is $55 or whatever. Great value. FYI, the OFTEN have deals on multiple bottles of Bombay Saph in the duty free shop, I've gotten good deals on it in the past.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:35 PM
greg8717 greg8717 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default Bon voyage

So if i order a bottle from bon voyage it will be in my room when i show up?
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
grgsgrl's Avatar
grgsgrl grgsgrl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 393
Default

I have ordered liquor from Bon voyage every time I cruise - am on my 9th, and it has been in my room every time. I bring on my diet coke and have drinks through out the cruise - You can and do get to keep it in your room to have through out the Journey. I bring my big travelin Tervis cup with lid so I know which one is mine
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:14 PM
greg8717 greg8717 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

thank you and you can do this on carnival
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM
dwayneb236 dwayneb236 is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Benbrook, Tx
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8717 View Post
So if i order a bottle from bon voyage it will be in my room when i show up?
Yep, unless you sail out of Texas and some other state I can't remember. I can remember Texas cause that's where I live.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:21 PM
BigDfromTN's Avatar
BigDfromTN BigDfromTN is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Memphis Area, TN
Posts: 3,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8717 View Post
So if i order a bottle from bon voyage it will be in my room when i show up?
Yes, order from Bon Voyage on the phone and it will be in your room at embarkation. EXCEPT when you sail from Texas or Alabama. It will arrive the next day due to local liqour laws.
__________________
Don & Renee
bigdfromtn at gmail dot com, Put Cruise Critic in subject line.
Conquest, 6/2004 (our first), 3/2012(repeat of our 1st)
Holiday, 10/2006, 6/2009, 10/2009
Fantasy, 6/2007, 3/2010
Glory, 6/2008
Elation, 7/2010, 10/2010, 12/2010(Platinum), 10/15/2011,(last from Mobile), 10/6/2012, 12/20/2012, 6/15/2013, 10/7/2013.
Triumph, 7/2011
Sunshine 3/2014


Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
greg8717 greg8717 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

do i say i want to order a bottle
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM
greg8717 greg8717 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Default

How big is the bottle of liquor
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.