ROLL CALL - NCL EPIC TransAtlantic - May 7th, 2011

aireboy

• 2 weeks later...
Hello ! We will join this transatlantic cruise from Miami to Barcelona. We are from Paris, France.

Bon jour........... Charles here, from Ft. Lauderdale. I look forward to meeting both of you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Paul & George here from Chicago. We've just made reservations - still need to work out time off work (minor detail...), but we are looking forward to this cruise. We were on the Jade early this year out of Barcelona, but are looking for different lodging this time - any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

pookie (Theresa) from TN..

My husband and I will be joining you guys... Just booked this less than a week ago..

SO excited.

I've been looking at the excursions for Ponta Delgada already and they look amazing! Not what I expected at all :p

I look forward to meeting everybody!

pookie

Greetings!

I was on the Epic's initial TA in June and, despite some minor "shakedown" problems, loved it. The Epic is notably wider than NCL's Jewel-class ships which I enjoy a great deal.

For Barcelona hotels, I've had great experience bidding on Priceline with the aid of the (free, non-profit) BiddingforTravel.com site. The best time to bid is about a month before you need the room. I routinely get 4 star hotels for far less than I would have paid for something much simpler.

Looking forward to May and to meeting you all.

• 1 month later...

So you were on the Epic 1st transatlantic ? So we were ! Perhaps have we cross by each others... the FOD meetings at the Bliss was so crowdy ;-)

We have also experimented some troubles during this first Epic cruise, but it was interesting to the begining of this huge ship. And we are going again :-) We were supposed to stay in Barcelona until the end of the week, but we choosed few days ago to stay on the Epic for 4 more days (round trip from Barcelona through Marseille and Palma de Marjorca).

Only one hundred days or so to wait...

CC&JP

Hi guys,

A few of us were over on another thread for this same cruise. I put a post on the other one to tell the few guys on it to migrate over to this thread as there seems to be more of you in here.

We are Allen and Darrell (46 and 48)and will be travelling on this cruise over to Barcelona. It'll be our third Transatlantic....we're hooked on Sea days!

On the other two we had the good fortune of meeting up with many other FOD members and had some great times with them. Hopefully this one will be as enjoyable as the others were.

looking forward to meeting you all onboard!

Allen

Hi All,

Julio and Tom here from Vero Beach, FL. We will also be on the Epic sailing May 7 and look forward to meeting you all. We met Allen and Darryl last spring on the Norwegian Sun TA from Miami to Dover. We had a fabulous FOD group on board and looking forward to another.

Julio and Tom

Two gentlemen from USA (Indiana) here. Booked for transatlantic and a stay after in Barcelona.

Hi,

We ar also staying on in Barcelona for about three days before going on to Copenhagen and Malmo. Have you found a hotel yet? We are looking at accommodations and have not decided yet. Thanks for any info you have.

Julio and Tom

Not sure if you guys are looking for the main thread or want your own? Here is the main one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1130800

The person who created the thread didnt think the name through! Come over and say hi!

Edit: I have no idea how I ended up in this forum, I just searched the forums to see if there were duplicate threads. Sorry to bother you guys

Hello !

Thanks for the note, I didn't find this discussion when I searched the next Epic transatlantic ! But there are few different starts about it, and we are spreading over them, it's not very efficient ;-)

I'm not very attracted by the general "rollcalls" because there is so many people in it... and the fact of being on the same ship at the same moment isn't enough to gether : potentially, it's about 4 000 people !

In this forum, I can find people who will be at the same moment in the same ship and who have another thing in common (LGBT). That's more interesting (to me !).

But I will read the general thread, and say hello, and keep my eyes on this one too !

CC&JP

CC&JP,

We're under the same inpression as you are regarding the general rollcall! Too many people who don't share the same interest. We have had some good discussions with some wonderful people on the general rolls for past cruises. Used mostly to arrange shore excursions and to get ideas on what to do in different ports. For this crossing though, seeing as how we will only be stopping in The Azores, information on shore excursions and transportation isn't required. On this rollcall we'll hopefully be able to meet some wonderful "like minded" guys (and gals) to be able to spend some time on the ship with. We have a lot of sea days and to be able to get to know others to spend parts of the days with would be fantastic.

Tom and Julio were with us on our last repositioning cruise and we enjoyed their company alot. We met the most wonderful group of guys on board, having 7pm cocktail hour with them all each evening. From there anywhere from 6-20 of us would go to dinner together and had standing reservation to the "elite seats (pays to get to know the worker controlling these seats well!) for the theatre each night where, again, many of us would gather.

Hopefully we will luck out and meet another good group on this trip. Would be nice to talk abit on this rollcall with each other, getting to know a bit about each of us so we won't be strangers when we meet onboard!

Hoping others will join in over the coming months!

Allen

Hi everyone, this is Chuck from Ft. Lauderdale (aireboy). I haven't been on here for quite a while, nice to see so many people joining the cruise. :)

I recently upgraded from Studio to Balcony, NCL had a great promotion.

For those of you interested in staying at a gay guesthouse in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise, I manage the Cheston House. www.chestonhouse.com If you mention you're on the cruise, I'll give special rates. I also have a very inexpensive shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami. www.ridesas.com $15.00 per person. I've used them and can confirm their reliability. Anyone who wants to contact me directly, e-mail aireboy@gmail.com

I'm so looking forward to this voyage. It's my 5th TA. :p

I'm just looking at this cruise and wondering whether to book.

There seems like a lot of availability still, so might see what happens to prices :-)

I'm already on the EPIC transatlantic doing the reverse in October, and got a Christmas/NYE cruise with family and friends - but will be doing this cruise solo, if I book.

Done 2 solo cruises before and really enjoyed them, meeting new people etc, and I'm sure this will be the same for this cruise.

Will look in to this forum again soon.

Drew :-)

This will be my 4th TA and first with NCL. I originally booked because of the studios but when the price on balconies dropped I rebooked to give myself the extra bit of room as well as the view to the outside world.

Archived