Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old July 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default $16/Day Parking near Manhattan terminal

Hi folks,

We're just off the Miracle this morning (great cruise!) and I thought I'd share a parking "find" of $16/day instead of the $30/day that the port facility charges.

There is a private parking facility a few blocks from the cruise terminal that is currently running a special promotion that we found online. It on Tenth Ave, between 49th and 50th Streets.

The lot is called Primary Parking and is part of Icon Parking systems. If you Google "Icon Parking System" and then look up "promotions by area" you'll find Primary Parking. The internet coupon has the special rate. We confirmed by calling first, and printed out the coupons, but it worked very well for us with no hitches. They really did honor that rate for the full eight days.

When we arrived at the port facility last Friday my DH dropped me and the kids off out front and drove over to the parking lot. It is next to the Skyline Hotel (watch for signs for hotel). He then took a short taxi ride back although it could easily be walked. He met up with us no more than 20 minutes after dropping us off.

Leaving took a bit longer because after he retrieved the car there was a long lineup to get back into the port facility's pickup locations. Still, it was totally worth saving the money.
- The Geek Family Goes Cruising - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1478441
Carnival Magic - August 2010 - Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Spirit - July 2009 - Alaska