obstructed views on PD &PJ

Hoping someone can please help me.

I have seen a few posts about the cabins with obstructed views, and I like the cabin configuration better than the unobstructed view cabins.

What I would like to know is if any of the cabins views are so obstructed that all you can see is a bit of daylight around the tenders. If so does anyone know what cabin number these are? Would also appreciate it if anyone could give me the cabin number of one with a fairly decent bit of view. I think Bazzaaw ( hope I got that right) said he "thought " his cabin was D 125. from the pic I saw this looks like it would be ideal..just hoping someone could confirm. Thanks

The configuration of the cabin depends on the number of berths in the cabin, not the fact that it is an obstructed view cabin. DH & I were in an obstructed view cabin on PD last October. It was actually a 4 berth cabin and the configuration was exactly the same as the previous two cabins we'd had on PD when the kids were with us (ie 2 upper bunks folded up against the wall and the 2 lowere bunks were puched togethe to make a queen). We were in D122.

Thanks Karen.

There will only be the two of us, and I was under the impression that the layout was diffferent for these than the unobstructed..i.e. the bed not under the window against the the bed under the window. Is this not correct?

How obstructed was D 122

Thanks Karen.

There will only be the two of us, and I was under the impression that the layout was diffferent for these than the unobstructed..i.e. the bed not under the window against the the bed under the window. Is this not correct?

How obstructed was D 122

As far as I know (and from what I've seen), if you get a 2 berth cabin, the bed/s will not be under the window. A 4 berth cabin has the beds under the window. When we were in D122, it was just the two of us (we'd been upgraded from a t-grade cabin) but it was a 4 berth cabin.

Our cabin was reasonably obstructed but still plenty of light. I wouldn't hesitate to go in one again..........far better than an inside cabin.

Two points

2 person cabin - we were in a 2 person cabin on the Jewel and it was excellent, the bed (or beds, as they were two singles pushed together) were not under the window and there was no other bunks folded away - the room is obviously only used for couples because the beds were bolted to the floor and the matress was actually a king matress across two singel bed bases. near ther window was the desk/chair and a sinlge lunge/seat thingy.

restricted view cabins/tenders - be careful when booking the restricted view cabins as they may actually use of thoses lifeboats/tenders on some stops. We met a couple who had a restricted view cabin which was right beside two of the tenders that they used for tendering to shore (at 3 of the stops). They had no problem with the view - it was the fact that the staff would start preparing the tenders at 5.30am - and then early evening the tenders would be hauled aboard and cleaned etc. Although happy with the cruise - they said they had a few sleepless mornings because of the tendering arrangments. I guess its just the luck of the drawer as others would have been deside tenders further along the ship that would not have been used.

Hoping someone can please help me.

I have seen a few posts about the cabins with obstructed views, and I like the cabin configuration better than the unobstructed view cabins.

What I would like to know is if any of the cabins views are so obstructed that all you can see is a bit of daylight around the tenders. If so does anyone know what cabin number these are? Would also appreciate it if anyone could give me the cabin number of one with a fairly decent bit of view. I think Bazzaaw ( hope I got that right) said he "thought " his cabin was D 125. from the pic I saw this looks like it would be ideal..just hoping someone could confirm. Thanks

There pictures were taken from Pacific Dawn cabin D135 (Dolphin Deck)

The first picture is clearly whilst a tender boat was still there in the way, the rest were taken while at ports and the tender boat was dropped.

DSCF1081.jpg

DSCF1080.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF0991.jpg

DSCF0990.jpg

Hope this gives you a better idea. :D

preparing the tenders at 5.30am

Still in bed at 5.30AM at sea??? I don't think so - that would be missing the very best part of the day at sea. Why go to sea and miss the sunrise?? You can miss it any day at home without paying for it.

Barry

I think that the obstructed view cabins may be a bit "hit and miss". We really liked the one we had - but it appears that the "view" outside is different from cabin to cabin. You can see that from the cabin plans for Dolphin deck - the position of each cabin's window relative to the position of a lifeboat is different for each cabin. The positioning of the beds, plus whether or not they are made up as a twin or double, also varies. We got ours as an upgrade from an interior guarantee. That is another reason why I like guarantee fares - they are "cheap" and the cabin you get is a bit like a lucky dip. I like lucky dips!! :p

If however, you are paying a "full" fare - I think you should consider the difference in price between an obstructed view cabin and a non-obstructed view and then consider what obstructed views were available in what configurations. The one we had I would take in preference to a non-obstructed at any price (unless it was more expensive than a non-obstructed ;)). It's advantages over any non-obstructed view cabin that we have ever had were that good for us.

Barry

We were in D165 a 2 berth and our bed was under the window :( ......I hope this time around on the Jewel that it's against the wall, much easier for seeing out. :)

Waiting a year and a bit Lorrae is what we usually do too :D , it goes quick enough though, this site helps keep the excitement going until the date arrives. :)

We were in D165 a 2 berth and our bed was under the window :( ......I hope this time around on the Jewel that it's against the wall, much easier for seeing out. :)

yes it way better against the wall,

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks very much for the photos and good advice..we got a very good

price on an obstructed view..cabin 127...so we have booked..now we just

have to wait a year and a bit...way too far away..

Well that's the one we got for aug 2o1o, but we have been upgraded now.:)

Archived