Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Other Mediterranean Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Other Mediterranean Ports Dubrovnik, Gibraltar, Istanbul, Kotor, Kusadasi, La Goulette (Tunis), Lisbon, Madeira (Funchal), Malta, Odessa, Sevastopol, Varna, Zadar

Old June 14th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Rome

Just back from Eastern Med cruise with Celebrity Galaxy. If anyone is interested I can definitely recommend Max Leotta at Rome Limousine Service. He wanted me to mentioned that he has a new email address: maxleotta@tiscali.it ... apparently people are still having problems reaching him. I used him for transporation to the port ... minivan $150.

I also used for airport services Olympic Limousine Service ... they were very professional and cost was very reasonable. They can be reached at info@olympiclimousineservice.com (40 euro to the airport for a car), the owner is Valerio Sacchetti. Website is http://www.olympiclimousineservice.com/eng/index.html

I also did a walking tour ... I hired a private tour guide named Federica. Her website is: http://www.guidaturisticaroma.it/englishmain.htm. She is very knowledgeable and I enjoyed the tour.

In rome, I stayed at the Franklin "Feel the Sound" Hotel. It is near the vatican. It can be out of the way for some people ... it is about 5-10 min walk to metro. Very friendly staff. Room was clean and modern style. Breakfast was very good.

Old June 14th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi,

Can you tell me what Federica charged you for the walking tour in Rome?

Thanks, Bev

Old June 15th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

She charged $110 Euro for 5 people for 3 hours. We visted the coliseum, roman forum, palatine. Because we finished the above early, she took us to the Panthenon and the Trevi Fountain.

Old June 18th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Spunkymoldy,

Do you have an email address for Frederica? I would like to contact her about a tour. Thanks!

Old June 18th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Her email is info@guidaturisticaroma.it

She does tours for the tour companies and this on the side. She seems to answer her emails only a weekly basis (weekends).

Old June 18th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the email address!