Seychelles / Mauritius

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:08 PM.
Earth
325 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi There,

Has anybody done the Seychelles / Mauritius cruises ?

Just wondering what your overall opinion of the itinerarywas and by what air routing you used to get there.

A quick search on Travelocity produced zero results but I understand that Air Seychelles operates most days from CDG and once a week from LHR.

This area of the world is a big blank for me but looking to stick some pins in the map in 2012/2013.

Thank-You
Chicago, IL, USA
824 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
I did Seychelles - India, and Mauritius - Cape Town. Both were good itineraries, (Seychelles, Maldives, an aborted attempt at Sri Lanka, India//Mauritius, Madagascar, South Africa).

Both itineraries had their highlights but my favorite part would be the Maldives. I was able to do an aerial trip over the Maldives for abut USD55.00! (Not through Silversea)

Pics of the Maldives

To get to the Seychelles we flew Emirates from JFK - Dubai - Mahe (Seychelles)
To get to Mauritius we flew British Airways from JFK - London - Johannesburg - Mauritius.

We arranged air on our own.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Craig

QE2 - Transatlantic (1995) ...........****.....QE2 - Transatlantic (2001) ...........****
Seabourn Sun - CPT-LPA (2002) .........***.....RSSC Mariner - Baltics (2002) ........****
Seabourn Spirit - Asia (2002) ......******.....RSSC Voyager - Canada/NE (2003)..... *****
QM2 - Maiden Voyage (2004) ..........*****.....Silver Shadow - Alaska (2004)....... *****
Silver Wind - S. America (2004).... ******+....Silver Cloud - Middle East (2005).. ******+
Seabourn Legend - Panama Canal (2005) .***.....Silver Shadow - Asia (2006)........ ******
Silver Cloud - India/Asia (2006)... ******.....Silver Shadow - Transatlantic (2007)******+
Silver Cloud - East Africa (2007) ...***** ... Silver Wind - Transatlantic (2008)..******+
QE2 - Last Transatlantic (2008)......*****.....Silver Wind - SEZ-MAA (2009)........******
Silver Whisper - Black Sea (2009) ...*****.. ..Silver Wind - Athens - Pt Said (2009)(T***....
Silver Spirit - Maiden... (2009)..... ****.. ..Silver Spirit - Mdn T/Atlantic (2010).****+

Silver Spirit - SCL-ACA.. (2010) .....****+.. .Silver Whisper -Rio-Cape Town (2012)******+
Silver Spirit - T/A ......(2013) .....****.....Crystal Serenity - Dover-C'hagen(2014)****
Seabourn Odyssey - Bali - SIN (2014). ****
.....Silver Wind - Mediterranean (2014)..******+
Silver Cloud - Funchal-FLL (2014)....*****
45 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We did that area of the world in 2006 and loved it. We flew into Capetwon and did the cruise before the one you mentioned. If you can do 2 cruises, that is the way to go. Loved Capetown
84,579 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Have sailed the Seychelles but on a different cruise line and began the cruise in another location. We were supposed to return to Seychelles this year and also to Maldives but given the Pirate situation these two ports of call were eliminated from our itinerary. The Seychelles Islands are beautiful.

Keith