Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cabin Crawl

So I have read about this thing called a cabin crawl. What is it? How do you become part of one. Also, so all ships have a time for CC members to get together. I started the roll call for our cruise but I'm sure there are more that aren't on the roll call. Just want to meet other people who love cruising as much as we do. Thanks for any information!

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevillesMommy View Post
So I have read about this thing called a cabin crawl. What is it? How do you become part of one. Also, so all ships have a time for CC members to get together. I started the roll call for our cruise but I'm sure there are more that aren't on the roll call. Just want to meet other people who love cruising as much as we do. Thanks for any information!
I wondered about this too! I imagined it was something that "groups" travelling together did...Our cruise is 3 1/2 wks away and our roll call only has 4 ppl so far!

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:06 AM
5,000+ Club

We did a Cabin Crawl on our Princess cruise a couple of years ago. It was lots of fun and we were able to see the different types of cabins. It was coordinated thru our roll call and whoever wanted to participate signed up.

We were lucky on our last cruise and had a GREAT roll call. Our Roll Call arranged our Meet and Greets, not the ship. We had 3 on our last cruise. The first one was on the Lido deck at sailaway. The second one was in one of the conf rooms (Carnival took care of that for us) where we all met and had a gift bag exchange. The last one we met for drinks in one of the bars. It was LOTS of fun and we have made lifelong friends!!

So far, on our upcoming cruise in November, we have like 4 people too. Hopefully it will get more active as the cruise gets closer!

phectorne@gmail.com

Carnival Fantasy (Bahamas) 2005
Carnival Fantasy (Cozumel) 2006
Ruby Princess (Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Fantasy (Progresso/Cozumel) 2009 - 50th Birthday Cruise Review w/pics
Carnival Elation (Calica/Cozumel) 2010 - Review w/pictures
RCCL Liberty of the Seas (Mediterranean) 2011 - In depth Review
Carnival Conquest (Caribbean) Dec 2012 - "The Doomsday Cruise"
Carnival Elation (Caribbean) May 2013 - Davis's First Cruise!
Carnival Dream (Southern Caribbean) March 2014

Coming up:

NCL Gem (Canada/NE) October 2014 - Just me and mom!
Ruby Princess (Alaska) May 2015

Once, on my way to a dream, I got lost and found a better one.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:44 AM
10,000+ Club

You leave in a few weeks so it may be difficult to get it together so quickly
and if you only and a few in your roll call, it may not happen
What you want to do, is make plans to meet each other say on the morning of the first sea day/ Lido aft area is good.
That would be your Meet and Greet.
If you want to do a Cabin crawl, you need people to volunteer their Cabin.
If you can get an inside, an Ocean View, a Balcony, an Aft Balcony, and a Suite...then you will have a good crawl in terms of seeing other types of Cabins.
On ours each Cabin offered snacks (some went to the Buffet line and got stuff) or a drink (Smuggled booze I am sure) Or Champagne, because we all got some for being a CC group.
and we started at the inside Cabin (Mine) and Ended in the Suite.
It is very fun.

We also did a poker run once with it, everyone put in a dollar, at each Cabin, the host would have a deck of cards,
so you would take one card from each cabin host. at the end, who ever had the best hand won, all except $5, that went to the worst hand.

Another Idea, is a Bar Hop...this way you get to see all the lounges of the ship.
we played a trivia game at each, not everyone bought drinks, but plenty did.
But with the Trivia everyone was involved and having fun drink or no drink.
Here again, you don't have much time. someone needs to make up the trivia games and lead the thing.
Sports bar, sports Trivia, and piano bar, Music trivia and so on.
Hope you have a great cruise!

hhmiracle@centurytel.net...

Carnival 2008 Spirit Mexican Riviera Another Proud Member of the "BEST CRUISE EVER" Club
Carnival 2010 Dream Western Caribbean (Dream Catcher Cruise with Janet and Judie) Busiest cruise ever
Carnival 2010 Spirit Alaska Glacier Bay end of season (Hubby Cruise with Family)
Carnival 2011 Liberty Western Caribbean (Looney Cruise with Marie and Chelle)
Carnival 2012 Magic Western Caribbean (Spirit of the Magical Dreamers with Rich and West)
Carnival 2013 Miracle Alaska Glacier Bay 1st cruise in of the season (Hubby Cruise) cold/wet/most relaxed cruise so far

Last edited by Koval; August 23rd, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:18 AM
20,000+ Club

If you want to have a meet and greet most people will set up a time and place (such as lido deck at sailaway) for everyone to meet.

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Time is running out

But look up our cruise on the roll call link under my name.

You can do a search also & when you get the Island Hoppers you can see what we are doing & how. Briefly

5-7 cabins offer to be hosts & serve refreshments & snacks & have a deck of cards from their hometown, state, province country.

Participants sign up (ours was $5 per person)including the hosts

Hosts go first from cabin to cabin then 20-30 minutes later the participants go in groups of 5-10 depending on the number of people you have, to each cabin lowest to highest (predetermined) & get a card have a drink a munchie & gab for 5-10 mins then move on as a group.

Best poker hands win (the pot divided up)best 3 hands all done at the last largest cabin.

Organizer collects the money, hands out the prize envelopes & prints out the poker hand score sheets for cabin hosts to mark who picked what card at their cabin & sign it.

Just that easy

2001 Grand Princess....... 7 days Caribbean St Thomas, St. Maarten
2006 Carnival Spirit........ 12 days Married in Maui, Hawaii
2008 Carnival Fantasy.....5 day Coz Cancelled due to Ike
2010 Carnival Spirit.........12 days Hawaii
2012 NCL Sun................10 days S. Caribbean / St Lucia, Dominica, Barbados, St Maarten, St. Thomas
2014 Carnival Sunshine....7 day E. Caribbean /Bahamas

Old September 7th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sounds fun to see all the different cabins

But we sail Sat... cant wait... Dream here we come.