Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old August 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Does Carnival do anything special if it's your anniversary?

My husband and I are cruising with my sister and her husband on November 14th. Both of our anniversaries are a few weeks prior so we will be celebrating (me 11 years...her 1 year) I think I noticed on the form that we have to fill out online that it asked if you are celebrating anything. I could be wrong, as I haven't filled it out yet, just peeked at it....Just wondering, does Carnival do anything special if they know you are celebrating a special event? Not that it matters if they don't because the cruise itself will be fantastic I'm sure....

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

In the MDR, they use to sing Happy Anniversary to you." BFD! I think one year they gave us a cake but I doubt they still do this. Nothing special unless you request and pay for it.

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

We sailed on the Victory in March over our anniversary, and did note it as such when filling out our on-line form (don't recall exactly, but believe it might have been for the fun-pass). Anyway, nothing special was done for us, and to this day, I'm not certain why they even ask. We're not disappointed, though. As you noted in your post, the cruise was more than enough, and I did make sure to have a very nice bottle of wine for dinner that evening. If you want to do something special, there are all sorts of things you can purchase from the Bon Voyage store on line.

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hello,

Carnival has a Bon Voyage department. Call their Bon Voyage department and purchase anything you like.....room decorations, cakes, wine, fruit, flowers and it will be in your cabing when you arrive. Of course you will have to pay for it.......

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetter View Post
Hello,

Carnival has a Bon Voyage department. Call their Bon Voyage department and purchase anything you like.....room decorations, cakes, wine, fruit, flowers and it will be in your cabing when you arrive. Of course you will have to pay for it.......
Or you can pick what day you want it set up..

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM
10,000+ Club

They used to keep note and bring out a small cake and sing HBD or HANNY and that's the left over form, but now they expect you to make your own arrangements through Bon Voyage.

They do still sing sometimes........

Festivale 5/1983, Festivale 6/1984, Holiday 7/2001, Inspiration 2/2002
Paradise 3/2004, Pride 9/2004, Victory 5/2005, Conquest 4/2006
Conquest 9/2006, Freedom 3/2007, Glory 9/2007, Conquest 2/2008,
Valor 5/2008, Glory 8/2008, Glory 9/2008, Fantasy 2/2009, Conquest 9/2009,
Dream 12/2009, Conquest 2/2010, Ecstasy 4/2010, Conquest 9/2010,
Ecstasy 2/2011, Glory 2/2011, Conquest 10/2011, Triumph 11/2011, Magic 3/2012,
Conquest 9/2012, Breeze 1/13/13 & 1/19/13, Conquest 4/2013, Magic 10/2013, Sunshine 2/2014, Magic 8/2014

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

For money, you can get anything.
Gone are the days when they actually made you feel special for free....
Of course, it wasn't much, but it was something....

we still crack up when we think of one of our earlier Carnival cruises...... it was the Tropicale out of San Juan 21 years ago, our 15 year anniversary.
A cake was brought to us, and a group of waiters sang "Happy Occasion to you!".....
apparently they used the same song for whatever you were celebrating....

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

My anniversary falls during a November cruise also. I looked at the Bon Voyage items and decided to bring my own decorations, etc (maybe a cute pirate costume or something) . I might still buy the chocolate dipped strawberries...

Happy Cruising and Happy Anniversary

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman68 View Post
Or you can pick what day you want it set up..
I am not sure. It has been my experience it has been there when we first got to our cabin.

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by terigo View Post
Gone are the days when they actually made you feel special for free....
Of course, it wasn't much, but it was something....

we still crack up when we think of one of our earlier Carnival cruises...... it was the Tropicale out of San Juan 21 years ago, our 15 year anniversary.
A cake was brought to us, and a group of waiters sang "Happy Occasion to you!".....
apparently they used the same song for whatever you were celebrating....
Did you flike the fact of all the different accents or dialects when they sang it to you?

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Did you flike the fact of all the different accents or dialects when they sang it to you?
oh cripes....YES!!
came out like "Hoppy Okashun to yooooo"
i see you experienced this, as well.... good times...

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I am not sure. It has been my experience it has been there when we first got to our cabin.
I called and set which day I wanted everything

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

On the Disney Wonder we just told the waitress the night of the Anniv and they sang and brought a cake. The same thing on the Carnival Freddom the next yr and the NCL this yr. Seems we cruise with my parents every yr on their anniv. Last yr on the Alaskan cruise on Celeb we had a couple at our table celebrating an anniv and we told the waiter and thye sang and brought a cake. No charge, just a nice gesture and surprise!

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
oh cripes....YES!!
came out like "Hoppy Okashun to yooooo"
i see you experienced this, as well.... good times...
Well, yes i have experienced this however our group found a little humor in it that they sounded like Elmer Fudd in a way singing....and how they pronounced the words...like you stated...not a bad thing, just kinda funny....lol...

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman68 View Post
I called and set which day I wanted everything
Awesome. i am glad it worked out for you......have a great time!

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

DH and I just sailed to Alaska on 7-20/7-27 and we were on our honeymoon. One morning I called in to speak with our cruise director who was doing a morning show on one of the sea days. They basically went over the Fun Times then asked a question where you could call live from your stateroom and answer for a prize. No one was calling so I did... we got to talking and he asked why we were on the cruise... I said that it was for our honeymoon. On our last night, we went to the MDR for dinner and AFTER they already brought out our dessert, they brought us out a piece of apple pie with a candle in it, made us sit by each other and sang to us while we had to kiss the entire time. They said they knew it was our honeymoon for a few days but they had been waiting for us to come into the MDR. We did mainly eat on Lido. Anyway, the only person we mentioned ANYTHING to was our cruise director so it HAD to be him. It was kind of dumb because we already had gotten our dessert and then we just had a piece of apple pie lol... a bottle of champagne or something would've been more useful, but it was very sweet and unexpected!

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Our waiter and assistant waiter sang to my parents for their anniversary - in their thick Serbian accents. It was fantastic. And kind of scary. I was waiting for the KGB to pop up.
Link to Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=157938&highlight
Holland America's Noordam - April 2007 (Eastern Caribbean out of New York City, Just Hubby and Me)
Carnival Conquest - March 2009 (Spring Break from Galveston to Western Caribbean - Us, Kids, and my Parents)
Link to Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=963819&highlight
Carnival Valor - March 2011 (Spring Break from Miami to Western Caribbean - Us, Kids, and Two Other Families)
Link to Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1388995

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
The way of the world now!

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise! We celebrated our 10 year - and our families had gotten ahold of our reservation number and surprised us with all types of goodies throughout the week.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

for our honeymoon last october on conquest our wait staff sang happy honeymoon and brought out a cake, that we did not purchase. Perhaps if you have assigned dining times they will do this vs. anytime. just guessing. we'll see what happens when we hit the triumph for our first anniversary this year.

SS Norway '83
Carnival Conquest '03
RCL Monarch of the Seas '09
Carnival Conquest '09
Carnival Triumph '10
Disney Dream '11
Carnival Elation '12
Carnival Sunshine '13 (Jackson's Inaugural)
Disney Fantasy on deck Oct '14

Old August 24th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

On our HM cruise last year they sang to us and brought out a piece of cake with a candle and we had to kiss the whole time. DH also surprised me with a cake one night from the Celebrations store (best cake ever next to our wedding cake, btw) and they sang for us again!

We're going on one for our anniversary and since the actual date is the day we disembark, I put that we are celebrating the day before. We'll see what happens then!

Past Cruises:
8/14/94 - Carnival Fascination - Canada to St. John's & Halifax
4/16/95 - Carnival Sensation - Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, San Juan, & St. Croix
6/19/05 - Carnival Miracle - Exotic Caribbean to Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Grand Cayman
9/7/07 - Carnival Sensation (again!) - Bahamas to Freeport & Nassau
12/3/09 - Carnival Dream - 9 Day Inaugural - Eastern Caribbean to Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, San Juan (never made it!), & Grand Turk
9/4/10 - Carnival Miracle - Eastern Caribbean to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, & Nassau