Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old January 24th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Roll Call - Harmony - May 9th

I know Pvangordon is going on this trip. We are a retired couple from Mesa, AZ. We would love to hear from anyone else on this cruise. We are past passengers and love Crystal.

Thanks

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi my mom and I are on this cruise. We are both Crystal newbies but have 8 cruises under our belt on various other lines. Can't wait for this great itineray and sailing on Crystal. Now we have to go shopping!!!

Melissa

Old February 7th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Welcome.

Tell us about yourselves. We live in AZ and we're on the Harmony to Alaska several years ago. We loved everything about Crystal.

We actually had a few winter like days this year. I look at the temperture in Alaska every day and keep my hopes high that it will warm up by the time we sail.

Thanks for replying.

Old February 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

I will be there (solo). This is my second trip on Crystal and my first to Alaska. Most likely a friend from Seattle will also be joining us; he and I were dinnermates on my last Crystal cruise. I'm a 34-year-old SAF from San Jose.

By the way, I got a wonderful new rain jacket at Burberry this weekend. It's about mid-thigh length, has a detachable hood and warm lining, and zips and buttons on the front. Should be easy to pack and can be customized to the weather conditions.

Old February 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am 47 ,divorced and have a19 year old son. My mom is 80. We travel together all over. I work for myself so I can take the time off. My mom lives at a Sun City nearby me in Lincoln We just returned from The Grand Princess New Years cruise and are booked on the Star Princess Baltic cruise in Sept. We are also doing a Peter Deilman river cruise after on The Danube. I won that cruise as a prize in a contest online. We usually do a Holiday cruise and have mostly sailed with Princess but last year did a New England cruise on RCCL. Loved the cruise but not the cruise line. We are trying other cruise lines. We have also done 3 Disney cruises when my son was younger and I have done the Carnival route as a beginner cruise line. I like longer cruises, 7 days is just not long enough. Next year we are looking at perhaps Holland for an Asian cruise or the Paul gaugin for Tahiti. Right now I am in the process of remodeling my house and it is a mess. can't wait till its done. I have been reading cruise critic for about 2 years and have made many new friends on various cruises that way. Our group from the Grand this past New Years is planning a reunion cruise, we had so much fun together. looking forward to Crystal as we have heard so many wonderful things about it. looking forward to eating in that Japanese restaurant.

Old February 8th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Celebrity and Royal Carribean will host a CC party if enough people sign up for it. It's fun to meet all the people you've "talked" to on the message board. Maybe we could find a spot on the ship to meet on the first sea day. Just a thought.

Old February 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

Having never sailed on Crystal I would not know where to recommend but on Princess we meet at a small bar after muster drill on the first day and then move on top for sail away together. Seems to work fairly well.If we find others that want to join us fromm CC then we start a list. At this point its just a few of us so a list would be silly.

Old February 20th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Happy to be joining 5/09/05 Harmony sailing!

Howdy Ya'll!
I've just signed onto the 5/09/05 Harmony sailing, and i am really thrilled because this is the best Alaskan itinerary i've ever seen! I had planned a Princess b2b, but traded it for this cruise. It will be my 1st Crystal experience. (PVGordon has signed me on as a STEX partner).

i've been cruising since 1975, so i've a done few, mostly recently with Radisson. Well, that is except for the Delbert McClinton Sandy Beaches Cruise and Legendary Rhythms & Blues Cruise which were both on the Zuiderdam this past January.

I look forward to meeting everyone, hope we can set up a time & place to get together!

Splish

Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I see today that Crystal has taken your 12-night voyage and made it available to newcomers as two 6-night voyages.

May 9 Vancouver-Whittier - 6 nights
May 15 Whittier-Vancouver - 6 nights

Interesting marketing techniques in order to fill up a cruise that was announced and created late to begin with. This latest development proves they must have quite a few berths yet to fill.

The 12-nighter sure is a great itinerary with it's three glacier visits!

Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
5,000+ Club

They have also added a 2 night cruise on May 28th from Vancouver to San Franciso. Nancy

Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Boy howdy we'd like to go on this cruise for all the reasons and our friends from Anchorage where we were married and met can come see us. Who knows maybe they can be some local rowdies from the back country. What cruise are you going on Beav?? Don't tell me we gonna have extra room at the party again. This cruise has some terrific prices also. Ernie

Old March 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzpro
What cruise are you going on Beav?? Ernie
Ernie, we're sailing May 30. I remember last year you said the first Alaska cruise is the best, so we heeded your advice. At least the first cruise out of SF, anyway. Sure would love to have you join. There are a bunch of newbies aboard as well.

Old March 6th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAV
I see today that Crystal has taken your 12-night voyage and made it available to newcomers as two 6-night voyages.

May 9 Vancouver-Whittier - 6 nights
May 15 Whittier-Vancouver - 6 nights
I hope that a gang of rowdy Whittierites don't bluster on board and spoil the Crystal ambience!